Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    So, they shouldn't be allowed to lie?? Should that also apply to all Danes?
    Danes are not immigrating to denmark.

No, why should they be allowed to lie?

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    So what if they are a xenophobe? What is wrong with nativism?
    I find xenophobia to be the typical bigotry, one wrought from hatred and ignorance. While I have no real problem with people being bigots, mainly because everyone is a bigot... I do have an issue when they seek to legislate their bigotry, and force it upon others.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daneman View Post
    Danes are not immigrating to denmark.

No, why should they be allowed to lie?
    Man, you want to outlaw lying now? That's pretty rough.

Pandaren Monk
    7+ Year Old Account

What an utter joke! They're just trying to trick the authorities to get asylum!
    Yup, and we have one in Chicago as well..

Immigration Lawyer Sentenced for Fake Asylum Claims
    http://www.jdjournal.com/2017/03/23/...asylum-claims/

A Chicago lawyer known for advocating for Syrian and Iraqi refugees was sentenced on Wednesday for falsifying paperwork for his clients. Last year, Robert DeKelaita, 54, was found guilty of conspiracy to commit asylum fraud – *submitting a false statement to obtain asylum, suborning perjury from a client, and lying in an asylum application. The judge involved later reversed the verdicts except for the conspiracy count, and this week’s sentence reflected that.

U.S. District Judge Matthew Kennelly sentenced ex-immigration attorney DeKelaita to 15 months in federal prison for falsifying paperwork in order to help his clients win United States asylum. According to The Chicago Tribune, DeKelaita filed bogus claims that stated things like his clients were tortured or victims of religious persecution. His fraud scheme lasted for almost a decade before he was caught in 2014.
    In 2014, DeKelaita was charged for accepting fees to submit false information for his foreign clients seeking asylum. He coached them on what to say during interviews with the*Department of Homeland Security’s U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services agency, and he allegedly encouraged them to lie.
    As evidence of this type of illegal instruction, prosecutors played a tape of DeKelaita warning one client not to tell anyone that she had lied in her immigration interview or both of them would “get in big trouble.”

When it came to paperwork,*DeKelaita would write anything in order to get his clients’ applications approved. He used fake names, religions, and dates, and he made up stories of rape, murder, and religious persecution from Islamic terrorists.
    Assistant U.S. Attorneys Andrianna Kastenek and Lindsay Jenkins argued that DeKelaita was a manipulator who took advantage of a process that relied on honesty.

“He learned its loopholes and gamed them, fitting his carefully drafted lies into what he knew asylum officers to be looking for, matching those lies with media reports of real events in (his clients’) home countries,” *Kastenek and Jenkins wrote in a court filing.
    Prosecutors said that DeKelaita has shown no remorse for his actions, and after his conviction, he wrote a letter to his clients stating that he had “cheated no one.”
    DeKelaita, who is represented by Michael Nash, sought probation and Nash argued that it should be granted because DeKelaita has already faced shame from his conviction and the loss of his law license. However,*Judge Kennelly said that he would not grant the request because the lawyer’s actions had a “ripple effect” that eroded the public’s already fragile trust in the country’s immigration system.

“We’re seeing it right now,” Kennelly said, referring to the heated political climate involving Trump’s recent ban of travelers from Muslim-majority countries. “When people don’t have faith in a system, it’s much easier … to cut it back or do away with it.”
    Kennelly noted that while DeKelaita’s actions were wrong, he did not appear to commit the fraud for selfish reasons such as money. Instead, the immigration attorney seemed to be motivated to help people using any means necessary because he had a personal connection to his clients.
    DeKelaita emigrated to the United States from the Middle East when he was ten. In court filings, his lawyer Nash said that his family had fled the Baath regime after one of his uncles was murdered. DeKelaita went on to graduate from law school, and he dedicated his career to helping others find asylum.
    I wouldn't be surprised if his personal history was also bullshit and a complete fabrication in order to get into the US.
    Last edited by ezgeze; 2017-03-29 at 09:38 PM.

Man, you want to outlaw lying now? That's pretty rough.
    I see no reason why lying should give you any benefits when you are trying to get permit to live in a country. On the contrary, it should be punished.

I see no reason why lying should give you any benefits when you are trying to get permit to live in a country. On the contrary, it should be punished.
    Then don't give them any benefits, and still let them in. Problem solved. They still get a chance to contribute, and you don't have to pay for them. Freedom is awesome.

Then don't give them any benefits, and still let them in. Problem solved. They still get a chance to contribute, and you don't have to pay for them. Freedom is awesome.
    Why should we reward them for lying? If they want to immigrate here to better their QoL then they should go through the normal system we have instead of trying to scam the asylum system.

Why should we reward them for lying?
    You don't have to reward them with anything, let the free markets handle it. Let them into the country, and see if they can survive on their own.

Heck, Trump was rewarded for lying.

If people are willing to lie to this degree then we should rethink the systems we have so they can't be exploited.
    You're talking about rejected applications: the system works, mostly. It is only normal that some asylum seekers will see their application accepted even though they partially lied on it because people examine their stories and people are susceptible to making mistakes. Remember refugee status can be revoked too, if the lies are discovered later on.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find xenophobia to be the typical bigotry, one wrought from hatred and ignorance. While I have no real problem with people being bigots, mainly because everyone is a bigot... I do have an issue when they seek to legislate their bigotry, and force it upon others.
    What is wrong with Denmark having legislation that favours Danes? It is their country. Why should they not be able to exclude whoever they want? If they feel someone is not going to be a positive, then why should they let them in?

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    What is wrong with Denmark having legislation that favours Danes? It is their country. Why should they not be able to exclude whoever they want? If they feel someone is not going to be a positive, then why should they let them in?
    It means they don't really support freedom, that's what happens when you legislate nationalism and xenophobia... innocent people have their freedoms taken away. Such a shame.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't have to reward them with anything, let the free markets handle it. Let them into the country, and see if they can survive on their own.

Entry into Denmark is a reward.

A country is not a free market. Getting to live in Denmark as a foreigner is a privilege, not a right and certainly shouldn't be a reward for lying.

15+ Year Old Account
    Then why should I care about what you say? Or, to put it in words you can understand... who gives a fuck?

- - - Updated - - -

But the issue is not actual contribution, since you stated your problem is not with welfare. You have no problem with welfare, until it's going to a foreigner. Therefore, your problem is with the foreigner... proving my point.
    I'm not giving you an opinion. I'm telling you not one iota of fucks in this universe is given if you think someone is xenophobic. It changes nothing and this world will keep on spinning just fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    It means they don't really support freedom, that's what happens when you legislate nationalism and xenophobia... innocent people have their freedoms taken away. Such a shame.
    They support freedom for those accepted into Denmark, only a complete and utter retard would support unlimited freedom for entry into a country which has infrastructure that requires paying for.

A country is not a free market. Getting to live in Denmark as a foreigner is a privilege, not a right and certainly shouldn't be a reward for lying.
    And they aren't being rewarded. They're being denied because of those lies. System is working as intended.

There are always people that are going to try to get around the rules for their own benefit.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    And they aren't being rewarded.
    Machismo is suggesting that they should get permits to live here even though they lied.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    The moment they get their passport they are Danes too.
    No, they are not. They are danish citizens, doesn't make them danes.
    Last edited by Daneman; 2017-03-29 at 09:56 PM.

I hate foreigners so much that I have a thai girlfriend.
    And I'm dating a black woman. Doesn't meant I can't do racist things or hold racist attitudes towards black people or even support discriminatory actions or policy.

She better hope she never is unemployed for an extended period lest you dump her non contributing ass.

No, they are not.
    Not doing a bang up job knocking that xenophobia accusation. Ethnically no, in any way that matters as far as geopolitics and national governance go yes
    Last edited by shimerra; 2017-03-29 at 09:57 PM.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Yes, they are. That's how nationality works.
    You're born a dane. Being a dane has nothing to do with nationality.

They can be, they can even be more Dane than you.
    You're not even a real Dane, you're just being dense. Which is different than being Dane.
    No, they can't be. We're an ethnic group, you're born a dane. If you're not born a dane then you are not a dane.

Might be inconvenient for your arguments but the nordic countries are nation states.
    Last edited by Daneman; 2017-03-29 at 10:02 PM.