Lunar Strike sound

Who is the brain that came up with the idea to change the Lunar Strike sound.
    First i was looking for the roque to kick when it landed to me that i was making that sound.
    Brilliance at it's best when the most irritating sound in wow gets copied to other classes.

/end rant

10+ Year Old Account
    The new sound will take forever to get used to for sure, because starfi.. euhm, lunar strike has always had the same sound.
    At least the new animations are kinda decent.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't love the new sound effects. Moonfire sounds like you're cutting metal now And as a Bear, I hear it A LOT.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, people really WILL complain about anything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmtree View Post
    Who is the brain that came up with the idea to change the Lunar Strike sound.
    First i was looking for the roque to kick when it landed to me that i was making that sound.
    Brilliance at it's best when the most irritating sound in wow gets copied to other classes.

/end rant
    Quote Originally Posted by Azutael View Post
    The new sound will take forever to get used to for sure, because starfi.. euhm, lunar strike has always had the same sound.
    At least the new animations are kinda decent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearshield View Post
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't love the new sound effects. Moonfire sounds like you're cutting metal now And as a Bear, I hear it A LOT.
    I like'm.

/10chars

hey this may be totally unrelated but i didn't want to start a new thread; are your new moon spell icons reflecting correctly whats the next moon spell you're going to cast? Mine would always show something else apart from full moon although i'm going to cast a full moon next. This only started happening post patch.

Yeah I'm not a new fan of the sounds, and I really dislike the Starsurge spell effect (it looks extremely clunky when you starsurge a close target). It looks like it pierces through the target and keeps going like a cleave spell.

I actually really like the new Lunar Strike sound and spell effect. The other spell effects aren't too bad either, though I admit that I HATE the *sound* change they made to Starsurge. It used to sound like it hit with impact, but sounds more like wind chimes. It's not bad per se, just not as forceful.
    http://www.zetbit.com/sig-1088014.jpg

With the new spell effects I just get the impression that starsurge is a weaker spell than lunar strike. I liked the old starsurge animation and sound for starsurge.
    Is it the new animation or is starsurge faster now than in 7.1.5?
    It feels now like a laser beam instead of a slow moving projectile.

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk

I don't dislike new sound, but let's be clear, it's not the sound someone would think about when hears "Lunar Strike".

I don't like the new sounds at all, driving me crazy. I also don't like the animation changes, but oh well.

I like the new sounds and animations. Realllllly love the new starsurge.
    Last edited by Seradi; 2017-03-31 at 08:08 PM.

I like the new sound and love the new animations. It was weird at the start but then it just blended normally in my head.
    People hated MoP but now many say it is the "Best" expansion. Given enough time, WoD will be the "Best" as well, I dare say.

You can always change it back by modifying the game files.
    Find out the sound you want, and put it in your wow sound folder
    i.e. for wrath you would put the old wrath sound file in World of Warcraft/Sound/SPELLS/Druid_Wrath_Missile.ogg
    You obviously need to create folders if one isn't there.
    That's it.
    There's also SPELL_DR_Starsurge_cast_01.ogg and a few others. Couldn't find Lunar Strike but I'm sure it's in there somewhere. If it sounds like another spell then that's a good place to look, but keep in mind if the C++ client has changed in 7.2 and you change it you will have a new sound for both spells, which may have weird results.
    Maybe someone will make an addon with all the files and call it Old Skool Boomy Sounds.
    But I doubt very many people would be arsed to go through all this and will just get used to it.
    Last edited by Machinelf; 2017-04-03 at 05:06 PM.