Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    No it's not. In not a single country in the world.

Switzerland has 4 official country. But you better speak german if you go to Zurich, they wont speak anything else.

Obviously the swiss federal state must provide laws/documentations/currencies/services in every language. But a french speaking state will only have french documents and law written in french.

That's how multi lingual countries works. Not all the country speaks all the languages, each zones speak a specific one. And you don't need to translate everything, just the things that impact everyone.
    Then there's no reason to keep official languages, if people cannot be served in them, but be practically told "we don't serve your kind here, go to some other zone". Official means nationwide.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Then there's no reason to keep official languages, if people cannot be served in them, but be practically told "we don't serve your kind here, go to some other zone". Official means nationwide.
    To be honest only reason the US all speak English is because of SEVERELY RACIST policies and I mean SEVERELY racist policies that were implemented by the government to strip away culture and force people to conform to specific set guidelines.

Go watch the American Experience series PBS did all on Youtube and yeah it is crazy.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    We already had something along those lines, it was called the Roman Empire.

ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
    Or the Third Reich.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, we don't need a USE

There are about 45 million people in Spain, so we have about 45 million people whose first language is Spanish. Plus 10m Portuguese, who are basically just pretending not to speak Spanish.
    AHAHAH very funny Kalis

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compar...se_and_Spanish

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    All I see are excuses. The US has a federal minimum wage and the states can set their own wages. I keep referring the Articles of Confederation for a good reason because it gave states immense powers and the federal government an extremely weak roll.

EU is on life support with large amount of their member states only in it still because they need their debt financed. EU central bank is still doing a stupid amount of QE to the point they are running out of MBS's to buy. Once they begin to taper and interest to borrow debt goes up it is going to get bad over there.
    All i see here is yet another uninformed person. Please don't start about the US and their minimum wages, you are light years behind the EU on worker rights.

EU is on life support, do i really need to dig up the numbers someone posted yesterday pointing out the bullshit in that statement? Actually no you collect the financial data and proof that point of yours. surely can't be that hard to find if you dare to make such a bold claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Offical language concept is pretty bullshit tho. I mean Swedish is offical language here, but do you hjonestly expect to go anywhere in Finland and get served in Swedish. Not gonna happen. Hell I did all the mandatory Swedish education and even took the marticulation exam despite it already being voluntary (getting reasonable grades and I can't speak Swedish for shit. The Swedish course for techonlogy students was a fucking joke since it's absolute insanity to require them to speak Swedish and you can't hold of potential engineers based on some language they might not even need.

Like we "good states" would ever agree to share our wealth with shitty east-european states...yeah...
    War within is boring and lazy - beat me to it.

A royal FUCK NO! to that.

Europe is a continent with countries and cultures that were around before the states of America were even an idea of a sperm in someone's ballsack, "reforming" us under one leader would PROBABLY lead us down the same path as the US, which is not something I'd be OK with.

And who decides what language we speak? The country with the most citizens?
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-03-30 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Helgrimm View Post
    Or the Third Reich.
    All the people worried about language need to look no further then this. Hitler implemented most of the NAZI powers and laws but never made French people start speaking German.

Quote Originally Posted by luc54 View Post
    Offical language concept is pretty bullshit tho. I mean Swedish is offical language here, but do you hjonestly expect to go anywhere in Finland and get served in Swedish. Not gonna happen. Hell I did all the mandatory Swedish education and even took the marticulation exam despite it already being voluntary (getting reasonable grades and I can't speak Swedish for shit. The Swedish course for techonlogy students was a fucking joke since it's absolute insanity to require them to speak Swedish and you can't hold of potential engineers based on some language they might not even need.
    As a Swede I always found it ridiculous for Finland to have Swedish as a mandatory course... Like, let people that want to learn, take the course. It's not as if Finland is a Sweden where people occasionally talk Finnish. -_-'

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    Al buen entendedor pocas palabras bastan

Ao bom entendedor poucas palavras bastam

Lazy bastards, all they have done is change one letter in each word.

Or as we say in my brand-spanking new, totally not-English language;

Lasy baztards, al thay hav dun iz chanje wun lettar en eech worrd.

There are about 45 million people in Spain, so we have about 45 million people whose first language is Spanish. Plus 10m Portuguese, who are basically just pretending not to speak Spanish.

We also have about 80m German speakers, 65m French, 60m Italian, 40m Polish, etc. as primary used languages.
    I'm over 9000 levels of offended right now. Ai ai ai..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    I'm over 9000 levels of offended right now. Ai ai ai..
    I think you mean ay ay ay?
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Deleted
    Al buen entendedor pocas palabras bastan

Ao bom entendedor poucas palavras bastam

Lazy bastards, all they have done is change one letter in each word.

Or as we say in my brand-spanking new, totally not-English language;

Lasy baztards, al thay hav dun iz chanje wun lettar en eech worrd.
    Rab C Nesbitt?

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    I think you mean ay ay ay?
    haha, yes!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortan Rich View Post
    Rab C Nesbitt?
    Have you read any Scots? They have changed a few letters, added in some slang and claimed it is not English. You can understand 95% of it off the bat.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berthier View Post
    Better United States of the Earth.
    We all better start polishing our Chinese skills then.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Deleted
    Have you read any Scots? They have changed a few letters, added in some slang and claimed it is not English. You can understand 95% of it off the bat.
    People that type in their their accent tick me off, for some reason the Scots are most guilty of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortan Rich View Post
    People that type in their their accent tick me off, for some reason the Scots are most guilty of it.
    "This is the storie o the birth o Jesus Christ. His mither Mary wis trystit til Joseph, but afore they war mairriet she wis fund tae be wi bairn bi the Halie Spírit."

Read it in the voice of Frazer from Dad's Army for the full effect.

Quote Originally Posted by luc54 View Post
    As long as Swedish is one of the official languages, then people have the right to be served in it, if the person can only speak Swedish. It's not that difficult for a store for example to have one person who can barely speak it, and that would be enough for any rare usage of it. There's a fair argument against it being official in the first place, but as long as it is, those who only speak Swedish should have someone be able to serve them. That's the reason all products have both translations in the first place.

Usually it's not a problem anyway, as the customer speaking Swedish can speak either Finnish or English too.
    Last edited by Azadina; 2017-03-30 at 04:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.