Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    It isn't about Trump, he is just a staw in the haystack.
    I wouldn't support a split, not that it can happen anyway rules/laws/etc against it already.
    Not to mention the Calexit thing is funded/supported/the brainchild of a Russian group/person etc.
    Cal preaching unity while trying to foist this split thing is just ....a huge case of diminished capacity.

I LOATH my states laws,lawmakers etc. but I still love my home state.
    Traveled the world, this is and will always be home and part of the US.
    A split is just one more Giant distraction.

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    You mouth breathing arm chair generals that are clamoring for a chance to kill Californians are really pathetic. I hope you all know that.
    Pretty much this. The amount of liberal bashing on this site is through the roof.

If California breaks away from the USA, then we're going to build a wall. A great, strong, beautiful wall. And the USA is going to pay for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasukkin View Post
    If California breaks away from the USA, then we're going to build a wall. A great, strong, beautiful wall. And the USA is going to pay for it.
    Already got one, big ol' mountain range.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

I wonder how long it would take China or Russia to swoop into independent California.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasukkin View Post
    What color?

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Republicans would cheer for this.
    not really since their states get substantial financial welfare from CA extra payments to the feds. They would lose a lot of federal dollars that are used to fund smaller republican controlled states. They would suffer more then liberal welfare states.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    Yup, Hillary Clinton received 4 million more votes in California then Trump did...Trump didn't even bother to campaign there. So if/when California leaves...the Democratic party will die with it because they will NEVER have enough electoral votes or even the vaunted "popular vote" because Hillary's 3million extra votes....ALL are because of California..hence why we don't go by the popular vote...because a few liberal counties that allow illegals to vote should not be able to dictate this nations NATIONAL elections. Liberals don't like the EC because it means that they can't marginalize people in rural states...i.e white people.
    such a tired argument and conspiracy.

And yet you marginalize liberals who live in big cities. the irony

the electoral votes would be re-balanced

Hey whats losing 3T in GDP, that's only 17%. why should they have so many electoral votes its not like they are all that important right?

anyone see a trend here
    https://www.theatlantic.com/business...takers/361668/

Last edited by Zan15; 2017-03-30 at 05:56 PM.

I would certainly leave if I lived there. I want to live in the US, not some rogue country.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    I would certainly leave if I lived there. I want to live in the US, not some rogue country.
    Technically US, if any, is a rogue country.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post

States with large populations like TX and CA is why the Electoral College was created. So states with a large population do a have larger "voice" they can still be drowned out when other less populous states come together and out vote them.
    It is a very fair system for everyone. Especially for the smaller states.

California won't seceed. Reason- liberals hate guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Technically US, if any, is a rogue country.
    The US is quite unique. That is for sure. When other countries need a helping hand we are there for them.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    California has a good potential to be energy independent. They have an ample amount of deserts to generate solar energy and a whole lot of coast for wind. They also have their own hydrocarbon deposits for a base load.

Admittedly, at this point, that would still need investment, but it's far from impossible.
    You don't know much about either of those energy sources do you ? Wind and solar are both still very inefficient. Not to mention when you don't have wind or light you have no power. Both sources only create the DC power which cannot be stored like AC power which means massive battery storage systems. They help supplement power and give energy companies the green points they need.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    625k? Where did you come up with that number? The numbers I've seen in my life are around 1 million.
    Seems about accurate: http://www.civilwar.org/education/ci...asualties.html

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amalaric View Post
    Really? Which war would you be talking about?
    I believe he's referring to the American Civil War. And 625k is a good estimate on casualties.

The resulting civil war might make me less likely to want to live there or associate with Californians for a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    A lot depends on just how they break away.
    Why does this conjure images of the movie "2012"?

Quote Originally Posted by Amalaric View Post
    What if the state of California broke away from the rest of the Unites States and became it's own independent nation?

Would you want to live there or would you move out if you are currently living there?
    First of all I don't see it happening. It's a bit of an extreme move.

If it did happen, well I certainly wouldn't want to live there any more than I do now. I like where I live now just fine. Wisconsin is a pretty moderate state. Not much extremism here and I like that. Plus I'd be willing to bet that their economy would dive head first into the toilet pretty quick.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd give it 5-10 years before they were begging to get back into the United States.

Liberal policies tend to not make a country better. Conservatism especially with fiscal policy is always the better decision.

Why do you think when it comes to running successful businesses, sound accounting principles dictates that the business takes a more conservative approach to budgeting and forecasting?

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    States with large populations like TX and CA is why the Electoral College was created. So states with a large population do a have larger "voice" they can still be drowned out when other less populous states come together and out vote them.
    It is a very fair system for everyone. Especially for the smaller states.
    unfortunately it only takes into consideration population vs other important stats. There should be a whole lot of other calculations when it comes to determining EC #'s but meh it will never change.

at this point however it unfairly gives more relative power to smaller states then to larger states doing the exact opposite of the equalization it was meant to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    not really since their states get substantial financial welfare from CA extra payments to the feds. They would lose a lot of federal dollars that are used to fund smaller republican controlled states. They would suffer more then liberal welfare states.

- - - Updated - - -

such a tired argument and conspiracy.

Hey whats losing 3T in GDP, that's only 17%. why should they have so many electoral votes its not like they are all that important right?

anyone see a trend here
    https://www.theatlantic.com/business...takers/361668/

Quite interesting. I would like to see more demographical information on that.