Wish Soul of the Slaughter was something like HEY your CS CD is reduced by 7 seconds and your MS returns 2 rage upon use!!!

Nope, we need more healing instead .... lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangatira View Post
    Yesterday i had an odd experience in a Raid as Arms Warrior:

The Game was being like "a frustrated, frigid wife" shouting at me: No!!! YOU wont get any Tactician proccs for at least the next 15 seconds till the CD of CS is off....No matter what i did, no matter how much fury i've spend or using CDs, no matter how i liked to be "the good hubby for my lovely tatician wife"...so i had to sit and wait like a "good and castrated hubby"...
    I think all. Off us know that situation. I am one of the guys who line up avatar cs and dos and it is very painful to see everything being ready but cs just won't reset

On a different topic : I don't got the Lego ring having only 3 Legos in total for arms (gloves belt and neck) . With the new mechanic that offspecs get Legos faster would it be wise to switch loot table to Fury to fish for aylas?
    Last edited by Uriel; 2017-03-29 at 09:25 PM.

The neck and the belt count as fury loot. Your chances don't change at all unfortunately sir :/

Played again today for the first time in a while and picked up a Mythic 915 COF from my Cache. Temptation to go Fury was quite strong, but with a test drive in HC I realised I think I still actually prefer Arms. For all the whining about the shitty RNG spec I still identify more with it than Fury. Simmed newly improved Aggrammar boots to see if it was a dps increase, but Gloves + Ring still outweighs it comfortably on single target with the newest daily upload of SC, despite what I'd heard.

Even with that said I think in practical terms the Legs + Ring usually work out best, the gloves have not seen an awful lot of actual use for me. The T20 set bonus looks crazy awesome and potentially a lot of fun, but I probably won't be playing to have the chance to enjoy it.

Also, what killed mmo champion Warrior discussion? Seems pretty dead these days, 2 pages in a month.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Played again today for the first time in a while and picked up a Mythic 915 COF from my Cache. Temptation to go Fury was quite strong, but with a test drive in HC I realised I think I still actually prefer Arms. For all the whining about the shitty RNG spec I still identify more with it than Fury. Simmed newly improved Aggrammar boots to see if it was a dps increase, but Gloves + Ring still outweighs it comfortably on single target with the newest daily upload of SC, despite what I'd heard.

Even with that said I think in practical terms the Legs + Ring usually work out best, the gloves have not seen an awful lot of actual use for me. The T20 set bonus looks crazy awesome and potentially a lot of fun, but I probably won't be playing to have the chance to enjoy it.

Also, what killed mmo champion Warrior discussion? Seems pretty dead these days, 2 pages in a month.
    I think a lot of discussion in the past was driven by the idea that maybe change could occur.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Lol I think your looking too much into it, but to answer, I think people just switched to fury, as that thread is more active

BTW, the Arms artifact trait Soul of the Slaughter appears to be bugged. It claims to have a .5% chance per rage spent to heal for 1000% of ap...but it doesn't have anywhere near that proc rate. I have done several target dummy runs where it only procs once over 2 mins.. The proc rate seems ridiculously low(like .1% chance per rage spent). I did find out that it can crit, though.

But this is super lame

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner45 View Post
    Lol I think your looking too much into it, but to answer, I think people just switched to fury, as that thread is more active
    More active? Last post in Fury discussion was 2-3 days ago, 2 pages covering a month just the same as this one. I was talking about the Warrior forums in general, not just the Arms thread.

Probably two things: 1) regular xpac cycle and 2) Class Discords.

Discord is getting more and more popular as the discussion/information tool and also I'm sure many people have quit and/or lost interest since launch. I know my interest has waned significantly, so I'll only come back here every now and then to check for patch notes or bits of information.

What is the link to Warrior's discord?

Quote Originally Posted by Tatsujin View Post
    What is the link to Warrior's discord?
    There goes it bruv
    https://discord.gg/Skyhold

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    so blizzard is going to shove FR down our throats at 7.2 again?

i kinda lost hope for arms change, or atleast, making other talents viable.

Quote Originally Posted by Teaon View Post

Why u cry, mate? there is no reason. Arms is getting better. They will make other talents viable, but in next expansion. Now is too late for such drastic changes.
    Last edited by Vzz; 2017-03-30 at 07:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teaon View Post

Depends on the eye of the beholder i guess... I love FR.

7+ Year Old Account
    so recently I've decided to switch from prot to arms...a bit confused on gear priority

Is mastery the end all be all stat? Or does a certain amount of strength/other stats begin to outweigh mastery at some point

rather not sim very single piece of gear I get...any rules of thumb?
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

Quote Originally Posted by Hashtronaut View Post
    so recently I've decided to switch from prot to arms...a bit confused on gear priority

Is mastery the end all be all stat? Or does a certain amount of strength/other stats begin to outweigh mastery at some point

rather not sim very single piece of gear I get...any rules of thumb?
    Mastery is a long way ahead of other stats and that does not change, Strength is not a great stat and only beats Crit (which is our worst). Just look for Mastery heavy gear with Haste/Verse as a secondary and you can't really go wrong.

7+ Year Old Account
    Mastery is a long way ahead of other stats and that does not change, Strength is not a great stat and only beats Crit (which is our worst). Just look for Mastery heavy gear with Haste/Verse as a secondary and you can't really go wrong.
    thanks that makes sense but i've been running amr with a couple different builds and getting results counter to that

one set im running 70% mastery @ 882 ilvl

the other 57% mastery @ 891ilvl

891 build is simming slightly higher not sure how reliable amr is in this case

I have a few other in b/w these two ilvls swapping out varying pieces and putting me in the 65% mastery range which might be the best of both worlds, the issue i'm having is it just personally feels counter-intuitive to be sacrificing strength and a lot of other stats for a few % of mastery
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

Quote Originally Posted by Hashtronaut View Post
    thanks that makes sense but i've been running amr with a couple different builds and getting results counter to that

one set im running 70% mastery @ 882 ilvl

the other 57% mastery @ 891ilvl

891 build is simming slightly higher not sure how reliable amr is in this case

I have a few other in b/w these two ilvls swapping out varying pieces and putting me in the 65% mastery range which might be the best of both worlds, the issue i'm having is it just personally feels counter-intuitive to be sacrificing strength and a lot of other stats for a few % of mastery
    9 ilvl is quite a big difference, that said the mastery drop of 13% is also quite a big difference, but there is a lot more context needed to decipher those results. I can't really help you regarding AMR as I've not used it, everyone around here uses Simulationcraft for simming their chars so when someone throws in some numbers from AMR it's a bit of a curveball, its development is not actively done via the community out in the open and us players aren't following development very closely (at least I specifically am not).

https://raidbots.com/simbot/gear - If you dont want to download simulationcraft you can sim your char via this site. This is important because Mastery is overwhelmingly strong for the spec, something that is painfully evident in game without needing to look at sims. If AMR is telling you otherwise then there is a good chance AMR is simply not a very accurate Arms simulation.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account

lol flawed data is flawed data. im in a casual raiding guild, have 903 eqiped, and i deal more dps than those guys u linked. as arms warrior. I have seen arms warriors dealing way more than i can (those with the 930 weapon, mine is 918). aluriel myth for example is a ae encounter, and arms has the higher logs in there, especially with the new weapon talents. Ravager , ww belt + leap trousers together with the wetstone trinket have had the aluriel toplogs for the last few weeks. On single target bosses like krosus mythic, which our casual guild is trying atm, i would be over those values that have been reported in your parses. my sim says im at 850 k dps singletarget, and im mostly heroic equiped. The problem is following: most strong warrior players went fury, and there are very little arms parses (for example one for guldan, 26 for augur) But in fact, arms is VERY competetive, and peaks ahead of fury on many encounters in nighthold, even so few are playing it. It has become a niche spec, but it is still performing absolutely top if played correctly, but its harder to play than fury. The encounters were arms really does suck compared to fury is tichondrius and botanist, (i dont consider scorpyron a boss) everything else u can be on page one of the ranking sites as arms warrior, and they have been there throughout the last month.
    Last edited by Holofernes; 2017-04-02 at 09:31 PM.