Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    ok so your problem is with innervate and not enlightenment lol

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Supliftz View Post
    ok so your problem is with innervate and not enlightenment lol
    Well it's hard not to have problem with the former, when it completely outclasses the latter - and any other regen mechanic, too. It's a mess of a system and Enlightenment is merely a small part.

Quote Originally Posted by Supliftz View Post
    have you actually looked at how often people dip beyond 35%, and have your rejuv or wg on them?

cosmic ripple is still a lot better than new druid gold tbh.
    Yes, I have. It's a fairly easy filter to run on WCL. On Krosus or Goroth (you know, the fights where Cosmic Ripple won't be 50% overheal) its 90-100 procs in a 6 minute fight. Now, you have to have something to do with all those gcd's you're saving so without Germination it isn't as good as Ripple, but with Germination it's probably even a higher throughput gain. Even 5-10 saved gcd's per minute on a "normal" fight is still strong, especially considering that every time it resets Wild Growth it resets it to its high healing ticks.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvusse View Post
    Prayer of Healing DOES select injured targets. It just isn't a hyper-smart heal, which means it will not differentiate from a target who is 99% hp and the target who is 1% hp.

To give you an example, if there are 5 targets at 100% HP, 5 targets at 50% HP, and 5 targets at 1% HP and you cast Prayer of Healing on 1 of the 50% HP players then your alternate targets for Prayer of Healing will NOT heal the 5 players at 100% HP. It will prioritize a target nearest the main target, though. But if there are 5 targets (PoH only heals 4 besides the main target) that are equidistant from the main target, made up of three 50% HP targets and two 1% HP targets, it will not prioritize the 1% HP targets- it will simply randomize from the available choices. But it will NEVER heal a 100% HP target over a 1%-99% HP target.
    This is 100% incorrect. Please go research the basics of your class before spouting this nonsense (or advising people to aim for 30-40% haste on a holy priest for that matter).

Quote Originally Posted by Nephthysis View Post
    This is 100% incorrect. Please go research the basics of your class before spouting this nonsense (or advising people to aim for 30-40% haste on a holy priest for that matter).
    ? Where did you see that? I don't see him ever mentioned haste at all.

Deleted
    Prayer of Healing DOES select injured targets. It just isn't a hyper-smart heal, which means it will not differentiate from a target who is 99% hp and the target who is 1% hp.

To give you an example, if there are 5 targets at 100% HP, 5 targets at 50% HP, and 5 targets at 1% HP and you cast Prayer of Healing on 1 of the 50% HP players then your alternate targets for Prayer of Healing will NOT heal the 5 players at 100% HP. It will prioritize a target nearest the main target, though. But if there are 5 targets (PoH only heals 4 besides the main target) that are equidistant from the main target, made up of three 50% HP targets and two 1% HP targets, it will not prioritize the 1% HP targets- it will simply randomize from the available choices. But it will NEVER heal a 100% HP target over a 1%-99% HP target.
    As someone said, this is incorrect. They changed the spell into healing your target + the 4 closest targets, regardless of their health. That is why it is very hard to use. They did buff its healing though, so in periods of constant damage on the entire raid it's still very strong. However, for spot heal situations (Spellblade, Tichondrius, Star Augur, Gul'dan partly, mythic ofc) it is almost unusable, and will result in very high amounts of overhealing when it hits full health targets.

You can't trust what the tooltip says as fact. It absolutely will not choose the 100% health targets if there are 4 other injured targets in it's radius. Every guide says this is how PoH behaves, plus you can watch it happen by who received Echo of Light.

Quote Originally Posted by Starmind View Post
    As someone said, this is incorrect. They changed the spell into healing your target + the 4 closest targets, regardless of their health.
    Well then THAT person was incorrect, because he outlined exactly how it works. In the scenario outlined it will always choose the damaged allies over the full health allies. However it's a dumb heal in the sense that it has an exactly equal chance to heal a 1% health guy and a 99% health guy (hence why you will see a lot of overhealing). But it will never choose 4 100% health targets as long as there are damaged targets in it's radius around the target.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyleggs View Post
    You can't trust what the tooltip says as fact. It absolutely will not choose the 100% health targets if there are 4 other injured targets in it's radius. Every guide says this is how PoH behaves, plus you can watch it happen by who received Echo of Light.

Well then THAT person was incorrect, because he outlined exactly how it works. In the scenario outlined it will always choose the damaged allies over the full health allies. However it's a dumb heal in the sense that it has an exactly equal chance to heal a 1% health guy and a 99% health guy (hence why you will see a lot of overhealing). But it will never choose 4 100% health targets as long as there are damaged targets in it's radius around the target.
    From my alt run last night:
    00:01:40.120 Minustwo Prayer of Healing Nassowavey +0 (O: 133637)
    00:01:40.120 Minustwo Prayer of Healing Fileni +*0* (O: 267275)
    00:01:40.120 Minustwo Prayer of Healing Nephthysis +*0* (O: 267275)
    00:01:40.120 Minustwo Prayer of Healing Lerothor +0 (O: 133638)
    00:01:40.120 Minustwo Prayer of Healing Pawofmidas +0 (O: 133637)
    00:01:40.622 Minustwo Echo of Light Minustwo Tick +27272

That's why it chose to hit 5 people for 0 right? Even though Minustwo is obviously injured and HAS to be in range for his own casting and took no damage event in that half second. Took literally 10 seconds to find in logs. Again, please learn the basics of your class before posting misinformation.

Also tested it awhile back in raid (after the change went live). Yes, it will heal the closest players to your target regardless of whether they or anyone else is damaged or not. PoH does not seek out damaged targets anymore.

From my alt run last night:
    00:01:40.120 Minustwo Prayer of Healing Nassowavey +0 (O: 133637)
    00:01:40.120 Minustwo Prayer of Healing Fileni +*0* (O: 267275)
    00:01:40.120 Minustwo Prayer of Healing Nephthysis +*0* (O: 267275)
    00:01:40.120 Minustwo Prayer of Healing Lerothor +0 (O: 133638)
    00:01:40.120 Minustwo Prayer of Healing Pawofmidas +0 (O: 133637)
    00:01:40.622 Minustwo Echo of Light Minustwo Tick +27272

That's why it chose to hit 5 people for 0 right? Even though Minustwo is obviously injured and HAS to be in range for his own casting and took no damage event in that half second. Took literally 10 seconds to find in logs. Again, please learn the basics of your class before posting misinformation.
    Yea... Sorry Jimmy, you're wrong here. I have a dozen logs to back it up as does anyone else who logs their raids.

fixall that is wrong, there is even a topic responded by a blue on this matter

POH is the only one aoe healing spell in the game without smartheal, it will heal current target + 4 nearest allies regardless of health

the reason blue gave was because if it had a smart heal component players will only spam POH, the other smart heals have cooldowns or less targets

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyleggs View Post

What the hell are you talking about? It's actually quite triggering when people speak out about things they obviously know nothing about.

No, you are incorrect. It heals the 4 nearest targets, regardless of their health. It is currently the only spell in the game using this algorithm and the only "dumb" spell currently in the game.

It is however very powerful if you use it correctly, either when the entire raid takes damage (just make sure not to heal melee twice, unless they take heavy damage and your echo of light won't overheal), or when specific locations will be taking heavy damage (like if you blow the brands on Tichondrius mythic, the group detonating the brands will take heavy damage) in which case PoH is great to use on that specific group.

If you're wondering, this was changed at the same time of the spell power buff of Prayer of Healing, earlier in Legion. It went from being a group heal (as in only a single party being healed), to a smart heal, to a dumb heal.
    Last edited by mmocbb59ab2b4f; 2017-03-28 at 09:09 PM.

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    The patch notes are pretty clear on this, Starmind is correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by 7.1.5 Patch Notes
    Prayer of Healing now heals the target and the 4 nearest allies (was 5 random injured targets).
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...ft-patch-7-1-5
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

So basically, this means we are back to having to put melee together/ranged together in raid frames again so we can eyeball which group took aoe damage. Funny, so much for "[changed because] required raid leaders to rearrange groups at the behest of one player to make one of their spells work correctly" aaand we are back to nagging RL to sort groups in less than half an expansion.

Edit: Also, can't wait for a boss where tetris grid formations are necessary again. Make people stand exactly in the topological order corresponding to their grid position.
    Last edited by worcester; 2017-03-28 at 09:54 PM.

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by worcester View Post
    So basically, this means we are back to having to put melee together/ranged together in raid frames again so we can eyeball which group took aoe damage. Funny, so much for "[changed because] required raid leaders to rearrange groups at the behest of one player to make one of their spells work correctly" aaand we are back to nagging RL to sort groups in less than half an expansion.
    Did people actually stop doing that?

Granted, I'm a raidleader, but I actually never stopped arranging groups that way. Not necessarily for PoH but even just to have a greater awareness to what groups of people are taking damage. If I see Group 1 and 2 (usually only tanks/melees in my raid) take damage but no one else, I'll probably throw a HW:S on their feet. I'll also know some encounter ability just happened there, so maybe I want to look into whether it was avoidable or not later on.

If you have people arranged completely by random, I personally believe you sacrifice awareness of where damage is happening (such as "exclusively in melee range" or "random ranged targets", for example). That, in turn, means you'll be slower to respond appropriately.

Also, and this may just be me, I find I'm healing people faster if my mouse can jump between adjacent tiles in my Grid (addon) as opposed to, say, jump between groups 1 and 5.
    Last edited by Venara; 2017-03-28 at 09:58 PM. Reason: FIX ALL THE TYPOS :D
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

Quote Originally Posted by Venara View Post
    Did people actually stop doing that?

Granted, I'm a raidleader, but I actually never stopped arranging groups that way. Not necessarily for PoH but even just to have a greater awareness to what groups of people are taking damage. If I see Group 1 and 2 (usually only tanks/melees in my raid) take damage but no one else, I'll probably throw a HW:S on their feet. I'll also know some encounter ability just happened there, so maybe I want to look into whether it was avoidable or not later on.

If you have people arranged completely by random, I personally believe you sacrifice awareness of where damage is happening (such as "exclusively in melee range" or "random ranged targets", for example). That, in turn, means you'll be slower to respond appropriately.
    The thing is, I always liked sorting groups but gave up on asking someone to do it all the time (none of our healers have assist). You kinda just get over it having to ask week after week. Worst is healing tanks that are just randomly in there with everyone else, you get used to it. But I guess I have to again....

Btw, I did always feel something was off with PoH but could never put my finger on it. I just blindly trusted it worked like every other aoe heal in the game.
    Last edited by worcester; 2017-03-28 at 10:03 PM.

Cosmic ripple is a fail design: To get max use of it, I have to use all my holy words right after they are off CD. Sanctify tops a group of ppl in secs, serenity crits around 4m. They are big heals, it is just over heal if u use them when there is not enough damage to heal. Who gives them thefeedback that holy word spells are good design so they even base our new traits on them?

Quote Originally Posted by Spike` View Post

POH is the only one aoe healing spell in the game without smartheal, it will heal current target + 4 nearest allies regardless of health

the reason blue gave was because if it had a smart heal component players will only spam POH, the other smart heals have cooldowns or less targets
    Huh? I was agreeing with Nephthysis about PoH being a full on dumb heal and disagreeing with Jimmy.

Looking back at how I structured the post/quote, I understand the confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by lifebinderx View Post
    Cosmic ripple is a fail design: To get max use of it, I have to use all my holy words right after they are off CD. Sanctify tops a group of ppl in secs, serenity crits around 4m. They are big heals, it is just over heal if u use them when there is not enough damage to heal. Who gives them thefeedback that holy word spells are good design so they even base our new traits on them?
    To make the most of Divinity and Power of the Naaru you damn near have to cast Holy Words on cooldown anyways.
    Last edited by fixall; 2017-03-30 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike` View Post

LoL as if that's not what every other class does with heavy damage. Forget that we would have zero mana if we did that.

Not according to Blizzard. Prayer of Healing is supposed to hit the target you selected and the closest 4 player targets. This is consistent with the behavior I have seen.

Holy Priest is definitely a top contender in 7.2. The new traits buff our single target and AOE healing quite a bit. And mana issues definitely aren't as big of a deal as the people on this thread are making it out to be. be smart with your spells.