Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfram View Post
    New players are different. They have no idea of how things used to be, so all they can do is to accept the game as it is. Basically, ignorance is bliss.

But a player with years of experience can compare the changes and see which overall direction the game is going. And it's these veterans who are now voting with their feet and quitting.

Edit: mmo-champ seems to be bugging somehow.
    Been playing since 28th of Feb 2005. Pretty sure that makes me a Veteran according to you?
    Most of my mates have been playing since around the same time, march/april . I was the first one. Are they veterans?

Guess what, all of us like Legion so far and having a blast.
    Guess that blows your shitty theory out the water. Thats what you get from generalizing people to fit your own agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I've been playing for closing in on 8 years. I have yet to see any change in queues.
    I've seen a massive change in queues, DPS queues are so much quicker and I get DPS satchels for LFR for 80% of the raids every week on 2 toons... and shit, I do Xavius probably 3-4 times a week, since there is a DPS satchel for that quite often.

Aside from that... zones (new expansion zones) seem quite empty. LFG stuff isn't that expansive.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    Wotlk 14 millions subs

Legion 2 millions ????
    I think the current number is between 4 and 5 millions.

Just a rough approximation from all available sources, as in, I am not going to stand by this quick and dirty estimate, but I would be surprised if it wasn't close.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I've seen a massive change in queues, DPS queues are so much quicker and I get DPS satchels for LFR for 80% of the raids every week on 2 toons... and shit, I do Xavius probably 3-4 times a week, since there is a DPS satchel for that quite often.

Aside from that... zones (new expansion zones) seem quite empty. LFG stuff isn't that expansive.
    As I said, older content will see different queues. Xavius is the first tier.

Deleted
    CRZ solved the "low-pop server" issue (to the point of "too much" as WQ zones are freaking crowded nowadays)
    Queue times shouldn't be that different because of Server pools (don't know about PvP since I avoid that like the pest)
    PuGs will come eventually when main progress raids are through and those players have more time for their alts.

Therefore, the population of WoW has become utterly unimportant by now as long as it stays above a couple hundred thousand to ensure some variety.

So: What's the point again of this thread?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, no one is going to have seen WoW sub numbers so the conversation is pointless since no one can really know anything about the topic.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lazzy View Post
    Seems like Blizzard rushed 7.2 for the Sub padding for Q1.

I have a feeling the games population has drastically dropped off. I've noticed a lot of servers are dead and the Higher population ones are nowhere near the population they was near the start of the Xpac ever after 7.2 drop.

Just looking thru the LFG tabs alone there is a shockingly low number of groups for things.
    "WoW is dying" -> Favorite phrase of doomsayers since pre patch, Oct. 2005, when Burning Crusade was introduced.

Almost 12 years later, and this is still a thing. The best way to make a game die, is to stop playing it, so please stop playing and move on because you clearly have a problem if you hate the current game so much, yet you still make it so important that you post these kinds of threads. It's like an ex-girlfriend you never want to let go.

Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    Wotlk was 10 years ago.

Game is good, low IQ is not.
    Yeah considering the game is more more and retard. Only people with low IQ would say the game is good. Because the game is made for them.

in my dreams this "hop in hop out" player faction finally hop out and never come back. so blizzard can start catering again to the mmorpg crowd and supporting longterm customers, instead catering with cheap shit to that shortterm mass audience idiots.

what a wet dream to play a wow with just 1-2 mio players, that REALLY play that game, play it like you play mmorpgs, and a blizzard supporting this with longterm high quality game design. what a wet dream...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Well, no one is going to have seen WoW sub numbers so the conversation is pointless since no one can really know anything about the topic.
    yep. you are right. obviously thats the reason why blizzard stopped showing them. seems to work
    Last edited by Niwes; 2017-03-31 at 02:55 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    Yeah considering the game is more more and retard. Only people with low IQ would say the game is good. Because the game is made for them.
    WotLK was the baseline of the game that went full retard. It was popular because it trivialized almost all aspects of the game. It was the first time I unsubbed from the game after playing it since 2004 because it was so boring to play, very similar to WoD really in terms of actual things to do untill ICC introduced the new dungeons.
    Last edited by Allenseiei; 2017-03-31 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    in my dreams this "hop in hop out" player faction finally hop out and never come back. so blizzard can start catering again to the mmorpg crowd and supporting longterm customers, instead catering with cheap shit to that shortterm mass audience idiots.
    I think when that happens, they will just close it down or go F2P. Although who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    It doesn't matter.

What you've been describing is the same thing that has happened for multiple expansions and many years.
    Did not happen with Vanilla, BC or Wrath... subscriptions grew from start to finish of each expansion. Blizzard has taken the game in directions that simply no longer hold the attentions of it's players. At least, not in the numbers it once did.

12 million players at one point. Less than half of that now... perhaps 1/3. If you are one of the ones that are happy with literally anything Blizz does, you are good to go.. if you are one of the other 8 million players... tough titty.

There is no one left at Blizzard that understands what made WoW great "back in the day"... everyone is trying to make their mark by coming up with the next big thing for the game... and all the while letting go of the things that kept it thriving and replayable.

It's a pity, because I truly believe next expansion (if there is one) will see a real drop in initial sales. People are wise to their tactics of promising a WoW of old, and delivering some really trashy excuse of an expansion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    I think when that happens, they will just close it down or go F2P. Although who knows.
    Wouldn't F2P make the "hop in hop out" problem much much worse?

I think it would already help if Blizzard stopped trying to stop that (by trying to introduce grinds) and just started accepting that this is what the game has evolved to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Did not happen with Vanilla, BC or Wrath... subscriptions grew from start to finish of each expansion. Blizzard has taken the game in directions that simply no longer hold the attentions of it's players. At least, not in the numbers it once did.
    Classic wasn't an expansion, but still...

...yes it did. There have always been fluctuations. It's only natural in a subscription based game. I noticed you didn't quote the part where I pointed out that until Wrath the overall result was a positive climb in subscriptions despite the natural fluctuations between the releases of content and expansions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    since blizzard is more interested in distracting investors with stupid metrics like hours played... the only source is warcraftrealms.com and they were showing 1.3 million before patch and 1.4 million today. for those that will say "wahhh warcraft realms is not a good little tool of Blizzard like i am, therefore they should not be trusted" find another source and ill listen.
    Its simple, the one reason not to trust warcraftrealms is because it requires people to run an addon to provide data. Barely anybody does that these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    And this is the reason why you'll never see subscription numbers ever again.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Subs don't matter to them, income does. It is a safe bet to say they made a killing in quarter 1 because of the changes to the token. Between adding the new list of things a token can buy and now putting character services on sale people are gobbling those things up. I know I have purchased 8 or 9 this last week, while I spent gold for them somebody else paid them 160 to 180 dollars so I could do that.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lazzy View Post
    Seems like Blizzard rushed 7.2 for the Sub padding for Q1.

I have a feeling the games population has drastically dropped off. I've noticed a lot of servers are dead and the Higher population ones are nowhere near the population they was near the start of the Xpac ever after 7.2 drop.

Just looking thru the LFG tabs alone there is a shockingly low number of groups for things.
    What an ignorant statement. Do you listen to the quarterly reports? Do you read their financial statements? Because they don't report player activity in the form of subs anymore. Not as an interesting piece of information to chew on, and not as metric to determine financial stability.

These threads only really ever warrant a "who cares"? If you want to make a doom and gloom thread, just make one, you don't need any numbers from blizzard, because whenever they showed something positive, it's all "they're lying" and when they showed something negative, it's "wow is dying" again.

Now it's "sub padding due to rushed patch" apparently. Get a hobby, people, sheesh!
    "It's just like I always said! You can do battle with strength, you can do battle with wits, but no weapon can beat a great pair of tits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfram View Post
    New players are different. They have no idea of how things used to be, so all they can do is to accept the game as it is. Basically, ignorance is bliss.

But a player with years of experience can compare the changes and see which overall direction the game is going. And it's these veterans who are now voting with their feet and quitting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    As someone who has played since Vanilla and plays with a lot of "veterans" that love Legion, I'd say you would be wrong to assume most veterans hate Current.
    I'm friends with many veterans from vanilla and BC, including me, enjoy this expac, why? Cause we like having crap to do. We like having something we haven't done before ( or something in a new flavor). We like the continuous feeling of progression ( something that went down hill, especially in WOD). And most importantly, we love the choice in how we get our arse cooked and handed back on a silver platter. This expac gave us the insane difficulty if you choose to go after it on a regular basis, not just on the beginning of a raid tier. The only bs is the legendary system, but that's nothing compared to the bs that was dkp in vanilla/bc ( 2 pieces of gear for 40 people... yeah ok .... and god forbid you spent your points first)