Page 87 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Keldion View Post
    Did you get to test the number of casts with different haste levels?

If haste affects the number of casts, how many times would Searing Bolt be cast with just the artifact equipped?
    The rift just seems to cast 10 bolts at the moment. I'm trying it through arena skirmishes on the PTR fyi and tracking the spell details through Recount.

ATM the skirmish buff will max out your artifact weapon while in the arena, so all you need to do is the spec specific questline to unlock the new traits (triggered by having enough AP in the weapon to unlock at least the 5% damage trait on live).

Regarding the new traits; is it better to go through the new ones first or should we put some points in the existing strong ones like Burning Hunger first? I'm guessing the new ones, but just to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckz0rs View Post
    Regarding the new traits; is it better to go through the new ones first or should we put some points in the existing strong ones like Burning Hunger first? I'm guessing the new ones, but just to be sure.
    I haven't seen any info from our theorycrafters about it. I *think* there may be a good chance we could end up putting 1 point into immo crit and then grabbing the new stuff. Immo crit is our only outlier trait by a small margin, the rest are extremely close and slightly worse than immo crit so I don't see us picking those up right away.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I haven't seen any info from our theorycrafters about it. I *think* there may be a good chance we could end up putting 1 point into immo crit and then grabbing the new stuff. Immo crit is our only outlier trait by a small margin, the rest are extremely close and slightly worse than immo crit so I don't see us picking those up right away.
    It wouldnt be overkill doing that if we use relics for Burning Hunger? I mean, sure, is really cool have nearly a 100% chance of crit on Immo, but if our crit chance is really high all ready with 6/6, it wouldnt be better go for another trait first? I dont think is possible go over 100% of crit, but that could be another scenario of overkill...

Immo normally is my second more damaging spell, so, buffing its damage with residual flame maybe could be better for me... I guess we should wait for the sims to know...

On another theme, i dont have follow Destro changes because i have been maining Guardian, so, we know if Cry Havok proc damage also hit the target hit by the Chaos Bolt? I mean, the talent says Havok explodes, doing damage to all enemys on 8yards, also the target of the who trigger the effect? More simple, Cry Havok have use on ST?

I dont like doing a lot of changes on my talents, so im evaluating if Cry Havok + Wreak Havok + Cloak could be a more all-rounded setup.

So is my math right - someone at 54 traits on live right now could get to 39 traits after empowering their weapon (and just a couple million below 40) ?

Looks like their intention of leveling things out is working ... I'm at 50 traits currently on live, and I'll be at 39 after empowering (since I'm just a tad past 50 on live, but I'll be like 22 million below 40 instead of just 2 million ... which, that difference also gets cut after that first new AK level) .

I have a hard time seeing us not bee-lining for Flame Rift, in any event.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I have a hard time seeing us not bee-lining for Flame Rift, in any event.
    Tbh I'm probably going for flame rift right away, I just imagine there *could* be a chance it'd be optimal to put the 1 point into immo crit. At the end of the day I highly doubt it'll make much of a difference either way. Our traits are so close together it won't be the end of the world.

Tbh I'm probably going for flame rift right away, I just imagine there *could* be a chance it'd be optimal to put the 1 point into immo crit. At the end of the day I highly doubt it'll make much of a difference either way. Our traits are so close together it won't be the end of the world.
    I guess it really depends on what a given person's situation is. If someone is still progressing on a mythic boss I'd go for the immo crit, yeah. If they're done with progression or if maybe they're progressing in normal/heroic, I'd say best bet would be play long game and go for Flame Rift.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

We should have most of the new traits within a couple months regardless, so we'll likely only be working very slowly on the final trait by the time ToS comes out. Think this whole things* pretty whatever.
    Last edited by Baconeggcheese; 2017-03-27 at 04:49 PM.

think this whole thinks pretty whatever?

The Chaos Tear portal summoned from Dimensional Rift now appears to be doing much more damage; about as much as if you took the old 7.1.5 value and multiplied it by your Mastery bonus.
    Last edited by Keldion; 2017-03-28 at 09:13 PM.
    Back when dot snapshotting was a thing, I wrote this piece of junk.

Quote Originally Posted by Keldion View Post
    The Chaos Tear portal summoned from Dimensional Rift now appears to be doing much more damage; about as much as if you took the old 7.1.5 value and multiplied it by your Mastery bonus.
    Good call, yeah mines doing 1.2m when it used to do 780k. Looks like all 3 rifts do the same damage now, they just do it differently.

Still a crappy tool for priority targets but gets rid of the RNG frustration.

Actually, I seem to be wrong about Mastery. Chaos Tear still derives its power from intellect / spellpower, critical strike chance, and versatility. The difference is that 7.2's Chaos Tears got approximately a 60% buff. Formula for Tear damage should resemble the following:

[500% Spellpower] * 2 * (1 + Vers%) * (1 + Crit%) * (1 + Orc racial bonus) * Stolen Power (1.05) * Flames of the Black Harvest (1.1) * 1.6

You can represent this as 800% Spellpower rather than using the 1.6x multiplier, but I'm sure the buff was rendered with a hidden aura - otherwise dataminers would have caught it in the patch details.

My own mastery hovers slightly over 60%, so I was rather quick to jump to a conclusion.
    Last edited by Keldion; 2017-03-30 at 11:46 PM.
    Back when dot snapshotting was a thing, I wrote this piece of junk.

Quote Originally Posted by SeethingAzathoth View Post
    The rift just seems to cast 10 bolts at the moment. I'm trying it through arena skirmishes on the PTR fyi and tracking the spell details through Recount.

ATM the skirmish buff will max out your artifact weapon while in the arena, so all you need to do is the spec specific questline to unlock the new traits (triggered by having enough AP in the weapon to unlock at least the 5% damage trait on live).
    Is the dot a magical debuff ? can it be dispelled? this is critical for arenas tbh, if it's dispellable it wouldn't matter how strong the trait is it would basically be garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    Is the dot a magical debuff ? can it be dispelled? this is critical for arenas tbh, if it's dispellable it wouldn't matter how strong the trait is it would basically be garbage.
    It's a magical debuff and it looks like it can be dispelled.

In regards to it being affected by haste-- I'm a bit confused because I ran some samples where I procced Whispers and got a Flame Rift and one without Whispers.

Interestingly, and this includes actual Searing Bolt hits/crits and its ticks/crits, Whispered Flame rift showed 49 total hits/crits/ticks/tick crits versus a non-whispered 47 hits/crits/ticks/tick crits.

Not sure what to make of it. I'll get more detailed combat logs after work.\

Edit: Also as an FYI, I forgot to mention I was able to RNGesus spawn two flame rifts from my three charges and they have SEPARATE debuffs for their stacks of 20.
    Last edited by Visyx; 2017-03-31 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Visyx View Post
    It's a magical debuff and it looks like it can be dispelled.

In regards to it being affected by haste-- I'm a bit confused because I ran some samples where I procced Whispers and got a Flame Rift and one without Whispers.

Interestingly, and this includes actual Searing Bolt hits/crits and its ticks/crits, Whispered Flame rift showed 49 total hits/crits/ticks/tick crits versus a non-whispered 47 hits/crits/ticks/tick crits.

Not sure what to make of it. I'll get more detailed combat logs after work.\

Edit: Also as an FYI, I forgot to mention I was able to RNGesus spawn two flame rifts from my three charges and they have SEPARATE debuffs for their stacks of 20.
    Sigh , ofc they're dispellable, rip.

Deleted
    So what's the proc chance and damage of this flame rift? Wonder if it's worth rushing for at current AK level.

Quote Originally Posted by Qaniki View Post
    So what's the proc chance and damage of this flame rift? Wonder if it's worth rushing for at current AK level.
    My Shadowy Tear/Chaos Tear dealt 1.24m in one instance each and total damage for Flame Rift was at 3.66m -- all unbuffed aimed at a Dummy. So it's a noticeable damage difference.

However, the proc rate... I want to say it lies somewhere between 1 out of 6 and 1 out of 10. I still don't have enough time to run 100 instances of Rift charges but that's my best guess.

Deleted
    Anyone have any advice for maximising performance on Tich mythic?

Group seems fine on blood dps, so don't really need to minmax around that, but looking at the logs, most of the top logs even in terms of top tich damage seem to be taking WH.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Anyone have any advice for maximising performance on Tich mythic?

Group seems fine on blood dps, so don't really need to minmax around that, but looking at the logs, most of the top logs even in terms of top tich damage seem to be taking WH.
    Top logs are all super pad strats, just use whatever your guild needs.

I tended to go SH / WH for the kind of dmg I needed, YMMV.

Deleted
    Top logs are all super pad strats, just use whatever your guild needs.

I tended to go SH / WH for the kind of dmg I needed, YMMV.
    Ended up being so frustrated I went affliction, but the boss damage was notably higher despite the lack of legendaries. Depressing, but hey - got to 18% on our first night so hard to complain too much. Felt like destruction couldn't do anything useful without padding on things that simply weren't needed though.