Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    The EPA works for chemical corporations now. I think we're actually turning into a Corporatocracy. I think it's actually happening, right now, as we live.
    If you think we weren't already you've been living in a bubble. As soon as it was deemed acceptable for corporations to give huge amounts of money to politicians we were doomed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Deleted
    And this is EXACTLY what you get when you elect a President on the premises of "He's going to run the country like a business"... That doesn't mean "He'll turn a profit for all of us" that means "He'll fuck us all over for the highest profit regardless of moral complications". He's already deregulated a law protecting waterways... How the fuck can people still support this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by sixbocta View Post
    Guess we just have to get used to fake news because it appears it's here to stay. Chlorpyrifos is an ingredient in insecticides and we've been spraying it on pretty much everything for decades. There was no approval of anything here, there was a petition to ban it and it got rejected.

All of you people who read these fake news headlines and start on about how the sky is falling and the EPA are in the pockets of "big chemical", hope you enjoy being duped. You are part of the fake news problem.
    And there's emerging research suggesting that long term low-level exposure to it is screwing bees in a number of ways. So the fact that we've been using it for decades does not mean that it's safe, or that we shouldn't consider banning it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

I never said it was safe nor did I say we should not consider banning it. The point is this whole thread is filled with conspiracies based on fake news headlines.
    If neither of those things was your point, then repeatedly mentioning how we've been using it for decades is irrelevant.
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Who needs the EPA? Beijing is nice this time of year! It's not smog, it's alternative oxygen.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Why did the democrats have to push Hillary through... why?
    Because the leader of the party of diversity is a rich old White Woman or a rich old Jewish White Male.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    I have quite a provocative idea about this (and other legislation of course)..

IF.... If clear evidence or even proof exists that something is harmful, or worse, deadly, then the legislators who ignore it should be held accountable directly.
    If lawmakers pass a bill that allows for pesticides to be used causes someone to die, they ought to be trialed for accessory minimum.
    Stuff like that.
    I believe accountability is the one thing missing from getting proper meaningful legislation.
    Yeah good luck with that. Everyone associated with government has some form of immunity or they wouldn't do it.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

I'm fairly certain when the headline literally states that the EPA approved the use of it and the thread is filled with conspiracies based on said headline, pointing out the fact that there was no approval because it was already in use for decades is entirely relevant.
    This basically indicates that you just read the thread title and didn't even click on the article. Or you did, and didn't read it carefully. Because the headline of the article is more carefully worded, and avoids this criticism of yours. Still irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    If we did not use insecticides ,which are harmful to insects, we would be producing a ton less food products. All insecticides can be harmful to humans. Even Round Up you spray on your weeds can be harmful if not used properly. Yes some are more so than others , but I do not see them bringing back DDT. :P Growing organic foods can be costly and manually expensive to do. Try growing a totally Organic Garden without using any harmful to humans insecticides. It can be done, but requires at times a lot of hand picking of the bugs off your tomatoes and pruning.
    GMO crops have actually been much more effective as certain GMo strands have been engineered to their own "pesticides". GMOs which have these genes are much more economically beneficial to farmers and consumers alike.

Stop eating bug spray

In 4 years from now we are going to have one hell of a mess to clean up when the next President takes office.

Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    Why did the Republicans have to push Trump through... why?
    Because Trump grabbed them by the pussy.

15+ Year Old Account
    I am absolutely not surprised about this. Trumps anti-environment agenda has been fairly consistent. He got voted in for that because the environment is the ancient foe. The terrible enemy of jobs and monetary opportunities. It cannot be left unchecked but must be limited if not put down by strong laws. Its devious woodwork must be tackled with powerful deregulations. You need a smart guy in charge to accomplish that!
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Ahh liberal fake news. "Republicans bad, demonrats good, conservative want dirty air and water!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Karfal View Post
    Ahh liberal fake news. "Republicans bad, demonrats good, conservative want dirty air and water!!"
    Damn, at least the last guy who came in here whining about 'fake news' actually made an attempt at a rebuttal. This is just plain laziness.

I eat organic(except when eating out occasionally) anyway, so sucks to be the rest of you peasants.

#capitalism
    #bitchpls

Quote Originally Posted by Karfal View Post
    Ironically enough, your attempt at a sarcastic statement is actually 100% true.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Deleted
    So Trump being Trump?

Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    WTF kind of inorganic food do you think exists?
    The kind where the reader is smart enough to realize there are multiple definitions of words.

Or that they are classy enough to not resort to cherrypicking a single definition out of multiple definitions in bid to make a crass jab at other posters.

Either way.....
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Don't know who that is.

But umm, if it makes you feel better, thank you for the compliment?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Why did the democrats have to push Hillary through... why?
    People are getting exactly what they voted for.

People said they wanted Donald Trump, a man who voiced no concern or regard for environmental regulation and who made it very clear that corporate interests were going to take center stage.

Wait, actually, no, the majority of people DIDN'T want that. But the electoral college decided otherwise.

Blaming "Hillary and the democrats" for shit like this is just deflecting from placing responsibility with where it needs to go: squarely on the Trump administration.

It's like that whole "a wife cheats on her abusive husband, and while trying to sneak back home from her lover, who refused to drive her back, she's forced to go through a dangerous part of town and gets murdered by a psychopath, who's to blame for her death?" conundrum. At the end of the day, the guy that killed her is to blame for her death.

The people that voted for Trump are the ones responsible for Trump being in the white house.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    The people that voted for Trump are the ones responsible for Trump being in the white house.
    Not just that, the people who didn't vote share responsibility in it. But hey, I am not affected, and I get free entertainment from all this. Too bad for the people who voted against Trump, but Americans just have to deal with their hellhole.

You just proved why your opinions are worthless.
    I choked on my green tea when I read this. And then laughed really hard.

It's almost as if you insinuate anyone's opinions are worth shit on the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Not just that, the people who didn't vote share responsibility in it. But hey, I am not affected, and I get free entertainment from all this. Too bad for the people who voted against Trump, but Americans just have to deal with their hellhole.
    Unfortunately, as the Bush Jr. presidency should have proven, there's no "minimum safe distance" from terrible US political decisions as far as geopolitics are concerned.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.