Page 1 of 2
LastLast

So how did Dalaran survive?

Was any explanation given? No less than 16 legion ships focused at it, and now it's all just ok, kinda never happened, or what?
    Not subbed now, but still curious. Did they just ignore that attack of Kil'Jaeden? What happened to his ship, by the way?

Dunno about Dalaran and the ships, I guess they just kept their magical defenses going long enough.

Maybe the ships evacuated when we blew up the command "ship" on the Broken Shore and Dalaran blew the Tomb's gate to bits.

Kil'jaeden's ship is probably still hanging out at Argus for the time being but will be involved in the raid later on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Explorer View Post
    Was any explanation given? No less than 16 legion ships focused at it, and now it's all just ok, kinda never happened, or what?
    Not subbed now, but still curious. Did they just ignore that attack of Kil'Jaeden? What happened to his ship, by the way?
    Plot, just like how Illidan is gud guy 4 lyfe now.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Because villains in wow aren't allowed to make any actual impact on the world they're invading and because Sargeras & Burning legion no matter how much more numbers,experience and more advanced tehnology they have, they can't stand against the power of love and united colors of beneton army. /sarcasmoff

They can't destory Dalaran ingame because it's expansion's main hub for players.
    Last edited by Dagoth Ur; 2017-04-03 at 08:30 AM.

Deleted
    dalaran is powered by all 5 pillars of creation now. it's presumably where they got the power to shoot the tomb door from, and presumably they can also draw on them to empower dalarans defenses.

alternatively: since you didn't see us actually defeating those ships, its possible they didnt attack dalaran at all and that those ships are the ones responsible for the invasions starting next week.

in the solo scenario we're sent in alone to take out a ship. now take into account how many equally powered heroes frequent Dalaran and would have been sent to other ships, as well as the numerous defences, the fact that one of the leading council is a powerful dragon... the stupid thing isn't that Dalaran was unharmed, it's that we didn't see them kicking arse. would have been great to see Kalec fighting a Legion ship

10+ Year Old Account
    The opening sequence was silly. a platoon of powerful legion ships, each one with the power to blast dalaran out of the sky, with the power to shift between realities and space travel, and yet after the "OMG WE GONNA DIE" look on khadgars face, its like right away they just gave up.
    Also having a mothership that if you take that out it makes the whole platoon fall, and putting them in ease to reach position on the ground with no defenses inside it but a few demons here and there, yeah, that was stupid as all hell.

At this stage wow feels like a stage production for first graders where the adults are telling the kid how special they are while the play works around their every whim.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    With the power of friendship of course!
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

The true power of Dalaran....
    The sixth pillar of Creation...
    Greater than all other Kiron Tor power by orders of magnitude....

JAINA'S SALT.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

I've played through it on 4 alts. As we're taking off for the Broken Shore, Khadgar says he's got to stay behind and deal with the ships. Not sure how he deals with them. Guessing there must be some powerful wards in place (shields) like those we saw being used before the city was ported from Kara. It's a plot point of course, and clearly not one Blizz chose to dwell on.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

A wizard did it. How else?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    A wizard did it. How else?
    not a wizard.

Last edited by Trassk; 2017-04-03 at 10:36 PM.
    #boycottchina

7+ Year Old Account
    we hold them back?

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    the first quest you get mentions how dalarans defences will not hold long, so you go and do the assault blowing up the enemy ships
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    The real reason is blizzard isn't going to blow the kirin'tor out of the sky. They create too many easy story explanations for factions to work together.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Deleted
    blizzard just dont give a shit anymore about the story in Legion.

A Loa spirit is in charge of appointing a warchief, Dalaran became neutral like nothing happend, Lich King just became our friend, Illidan turned out alive and Neptulon never got captured by the Naga in Cata.

That was day 1 of this exp pack, that tells me all i need to know (nobody is looking out anymore about the storytelling)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    The opening sequence was silly. a platoon of powerful legion ships, each one with the power to blast dalaran out of the sky, with the power to shift between realities and space travel, and yet after the "OMG WE GONNA DIE" look on khadgars face, its like right away they just gave up.
    Also having a mothership that if you take that out it makes the whole platoon fall, and putting them in ease to reach position on the ground with no defenses inside it but a few demons here and there, yeah, that was stupid as all hell.

At this stage wow feels like a stage production for first graders where the adults are telling the kid how special they are while the play works around their every whim.
    Because it isn't some simple thing to implement. Dalaran is the main hub of Legion and doing damage to it would be...difficult. While I think they should of done it, I think the snark isn't needed here.

blizzard just dont give a shit anymore about the story in Legion.

False, they do, just good ideas are hard to implement despite what players on MMO-Champ think.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I figured each Class Order champion (e.g. the Slayer, Deathlord, Archdruid, etc.) was dispatched to take down a different ship - you experience the one your player's Order Hall is associated with but the other Orders do their own thing unseen. Dalaran itself assists with some defensive fire until all the ships are taken out, then uses its main Arcane artillery to blast down the door the Tomb once they've powered up with a clear shot.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Deleted
    That's the problem with a game like WoW: Every bad guy, no matter how awe inspiring in the lore (read: everywhere but on Azeroth when fighting our heroes) they may be, they'll always look terrible, make stupid decisions and we're always going to bash them.

There is only one way a Floating City filled with magicians can defeat a Fleet of Demonic Spaceships in less than a 15 minutes..