Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I used to say it on pretty much most blizz games until about 2013, but I didn't play WoD, or only bought starcraft 2 on sale.

Now I know blizz cared more about selling services then adjusting the actual servers the past 7+ months, I did thankfully transfered for free using gold during the current sale, but they aint getting more services money from me after the price raise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Do you say / think this whenever Blizzard announces / releases any new WoW expansion?

I still feel the quality of WoW expansions are good enough that I usually think this. Same goes for other Blizzard products.

Has there been a Blizzard product that you haven't thought this?

With WoD and all its flaws, I still said "take my money Blizzard!" Same goes for Legion, and same goes for the next expansion

Edit:

Also you can almost count on the QUALITY of the product. With how much polish Legion has, from everything:. The class stories, the 13 Dungeons with all the beautiful artwork and gear systems, there's a lot to be optimistic about going forward
    Every single time. I have no doubt that I will pre-purchase the next expansions CE as soon as that goes up, no matter what the theme is. Blizzard is known to always deliver.

The most amazing polish of Legion is specially noticeable. I just wish they'd add more premium mounts, I could throw even more money at them.

Only time I did that was when I got Overwatch CE. It's the only CE game I ever bought.

If there wasn't a big statue included, I wouldn't get the CE edition.

I guess ME:Andromeda also counts since it's the only game I pre-ordered. Even though I got the cheapest version, pre-ordering in itself is a "take my money" situation.

After WOD, not so much, only went for legion to give them one more shot, happy I did

15+ Year Old Account
    Sure. I've had some misses, like paying for WoD, but for the most part I've gotten my moneys worth. Enjoyed Legion for a long time, cancelled my subscription when I got bored of it. Their other games have all provided a lot of hours worth of entertainment for their cost, far more than most other games I buy.

Overall Blizzard delivers good quality stuff that lasts.

After legion I think I'll wait a few months and read post launch reviews for the next expansion.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Quote Originally Posted by ysbag View Post
    WoD and MoP were the two there I wasn't like " TAKE MU MUNNY" , they still were decent expansions though, for every other add-on I was hyped as hell.

With Blizzard games you can be pertty sure that you will get your money's worth. Sometimes more, sometimes less but I never regreted spending money on Blizzard games.
    I agree %100, I love Blizzard games and I'm excited when they announce smt new ^^ Sometimes you won't get the exatcly what you want but still much better than other game companies imho.

Btw, I really don't understand why people dislike Legion so much. Ofc RNG sucks but other than that I agree with OP, it's a fun and polished expansion. I also loved Suramar questline

WoD for me was awesome as far as the content given to us the horrible thing about WoD was the lack of support once it was released. Just like MoP which was awesome start to finish. 5.4 lasted to long. If that was shorter and wod had more content I think both of them would be thought of more fondly.

I actually like legion less. The app grind just ruined it for me but what they have made is for the most part awesome. It's the system design that made me stop playing. The ar, dungeons, raids and questing were fantastic. The ap grind and world quests systems just don't do it for me.
    There are a million fine looking women in this world but not all of them will bring you lasagna at work. Most of them will just cheat on you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Nobody is making you grind Maw of Souls. You chose to do it. Nobody had a gun to your head. Source for those people "leaving in drones"? Or are you just assuming it because of couple of raiding guilds called it quits and people started throwing a tantrum over the upscale and threatened to unsub?

World Quests are not supposed to have any relation to the story. They are basically bounties from D3. Nothing more. So nice to see you didn't poll every WoW player to see which was better and are just making baseless assumptions.

Scaling is fine. Stop throwing your toys out of the pram just because it takes you maybe 2-3 seconds longer to kill something now.
    I am the only one that is totally not noticing this so called "evil scaling?". I mean, if you read Mmo-Champion threads, it seems you need to kill Gul'dan Mythic every two steps..... or maybe they all quest as holy priest? XD

No (didn't buy Legion). Last time I blindly buy a Blizzard product was diablo 3. They won't get me twice.

OT: I fully agree with your sig.

I don't mind the dated look of the game, and there are things that makes me want to pick it up again, and then I remember how they're developing the game and the systems they're riding on...and I just lose the craving faster than a burning cactus.

Used to throw money at them like it was going out of fashion, but not anymore, and very unlikely I'll ever do it again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    After the so-so expantion that was WoD and the horrible one that is Legion - No, I most certainly won't just give them my money.

I'm guessing you're just trolling when you say that Legion has polish, though but no, it's not polished at all.
    Where does Legion NOT have polish?

The game has been fun from the beginning. If you worry too much about "grinding" your ass off for AP, then you are doing something wrong. Just play the game and enjoy the ride. Even those wanting to be competitive take it too far and burn themselves out.

Why does everyone feel inclined to grind grind grind? Why not just play the game normally and let the AP and legendaries come to you. No need to chase after it.

All the quests, all the world quests, all the dungeons and raids, all the PVP systems have been top notch in quality. Also bravo to the Blizzard art team. Amazing this expansion, much better than any expansion so far.

- - - Updated - - -

Only with WoD I didn't feel it Jay my friend! But to be fair I'm hyped for any game that comes out that I really want. Few games this year I have the mood of "JUST TAKE MAH MONIES" for are the Crash remaster, FF12 Zodiac Age and FF14 Stormblood. But yeah generally with WoW I get super hyped for expansions.

Only things I haven't bought is their classic games since I have them on disc so kind of pointless.
    Oh wow, they did a remaster of FF12? damn i gotta get that. FF12 was one of my favorites, along with FF10

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Where does Legion NOT have polish?

The game has been fun from the beginning. If you worry too much about "grinding" your ass off for AP, then you are doing something wrong. Just play the game and enjoy the ride. Even those wanting to be competitive take it too far and burn themselves out.

Why does everyone feel inclined to grind grind grind? Why not just play the game normally and let the AP and legendaries come to you. No need to chase after it.

All the quests, all the world quests, all the dungeons and raids, all the PVP systems have been top notch in quality. Also bravo to the Blizzard art team. Amazing this expansion, much better than any expansion so far.
    This. Nobody is making you grind, Nobody is forcing you to do anything and as for scaling as someone posted above if you choose to do solo content in healer specs when you know damn well it's more efficient to do it as a DPS spec then that is on you.

Also to add to what you posted Jay it's coming out later this year. "FF12 The Zodiac Age"
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-04-03 at 04:03 PM.

Nobody is making you grind Maw of Souls. You chose to do it. Nobody had a gun to your head. Source for those people "leaving in drones"? Or are you just assuming it because of couple of raiding guilds called it quits and people started throwing a tantrum over the upscale and threatened to unsub?

World Quests are not supposed to have any relation to the story. They are basically bounties from D3. Nothing more. So nice to see you didn't poll every WoW player to see which was better and are just making baseless assumptions.

Scaling is fine. Stop throwing your toys out of the pram just because it takes you maybe 2-3 seconds longer to kill something now.
    If you want to actually play the game at a competative level, you need to grind Maw. I'm sure you're fine in LFR but I'm not.

One of the issues with the apexis dailies in WoD was that people didn't feel like they had any connection to the world, or so Blizzard said. World quests and the new zones were a fix for this according to Blizzard but they even managed to fail here. So yes, they are supposed to relate to the zones and the story.

And no, scaling is not fine. Again, might work in LFR but not outside of that. When Blizzard said "We’re significantly reducing the rate at which creature health scales with your item level" they actually only reduced it with 15%-20% or so for the original scaling. So... they lied to players, yet again and gear is still pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    If you want to actually play the game at a competative level, you need to grind Maw. I'm sure you're fine in LFR but I'm not.

One of the issues with the apexis dailies in WoD was that people didn't feel like they had any connection to the world, or so Blizzard said. World quests and the new zones were a fix for this according to Blizzard but they even managed to fail here. So yes, they are supposed to relate to the zones and the story.

And no, scaling is not fine. Again, might work in LFR but not outside of that. When Blizzard said "We’re significantly reducing the rate at which creature health scales with your item level" they actually only reduced it with 15%-20% or so for the original scaling. So... they lied to players, yet again and gear is still pointless.
    I do Heroics and Mythic NH every week and I haven't spammed Maw at all. Nice insult there because you have no actual argument. So again there are alternatives. Nobody is putting a gun to your head making you grind Maw. YOU choose to do it then do it. Don't act like it's forced on you when it's not. If you want to actually discuss this with me without resorting to snide comments then feel free to. If not then I do not see the point in continuing with you further.

Also again scaling is fine. Stop throwing a tantrum because you have to spend 3 seconds longer killing a mob. Sounds like WoW just isn't for you anymore and that you should move on.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-04-03 at 04:09 PM.

I have not paid for game time for over 2 years and now thanks to token changes I wont ever give Blizzard another dime. If it wasn't essentially free to play right now with the mess that is mythic NH and the never ending AP grind I doubt I'd be subbed. The way wf/tf is working out is a hot mess too. It's nice they want some mythic raiders to feel like it is worth their time to help a friend in a normal run, but thanks to item level bonuses being so common people are running out of reasons to justify spening 6 to 12 hours a week on mythic raids.
    Last edited by Alvito; 2017-04-03 at 04:18 PM.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    I have not paid for game time for over 2 years and now thanks to token changes I wont ever give Blizzard another dime. If it wasn't essentially free to play right now with the mess that is mythic NH and the never ending AP grind I doubt I'd be subbed.
    AP grind isn't supposed to be done straight away. Nor should you be bloody well trying to.

Only *not* with the starcraft and hearthstone expanasions
    Last edited by mittacc; 2017-04-03 at 07:09 PM. Reason: missunterstood the question

Pretty much, yeah.

I do recall some slight mixed feelings with the time travel of Warlords but even so I was still ready to throw my money at them.

I didn't really go all nuts when they announced anything Diablo/Starcraft/Overwatch related. The first two I'm mostly meh about, Overwatch/Heroes I go, "Well that's pretty cool", but since I don't really play those games much, if at all, I stick with a feeling of neat.

Hearthstone has for the most part made me wanna throw some money at them, except for a slight "Huh..." with Journey to Un'goro because I wasn't quite sold on the concept. But yes, I did throw some money at them, cuz gief cards for lolz.

But Warcraft expansions and most of the patches (funny how I just came from the "Worst Patch" thread) I just seem to keep throwing money all over the place... :P

I believe it's called, "NERD!" ^_^

Sure. Even if I cancel my subscription after growing bored, I've always received enough entertainment to justify the cost.