Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Did they hotfix so pets cant take aggro now? i was able to have my infernal tank the guy till the second phase and now it seems he fixates making any aggro gains from the infernal do nothing

Deleted
    I tried on my 880 Lock for lols and yeh couldn't even get past the first phase. :P

Nice challenge for affliction. Frost mages got the same. the only exception they have permanent slow baseline and blinks. Oh affliction too has slow on doomguardm but for some reason it's 4 sec for this one with 30 sec cd. They said this should be challenging. If by challenging they meant impossible without certain legendary than yea it's fun challenge. But it seems that this challenge went through great testing and great Q&A, because little adds are slowed by black pools while paladin is not.
    Last edited by Sunlighthell; 2017-04-03 at 11:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rgthreex View Post
    it sucks having the fight down pat,but not having the gear :/
    This is where I am at with the Destruction one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by exarkunofpr View Post
    Did they hotfix so pets cant take aggro now? i was able to have my infernal tank the guy till the second phase and now it seems he fixates making any aggro gains from the infernal do nothing
    Just came to post that it worket 2 in 4 times for me but only at the start. put ur infernal on top of warrior and be as far from him as possible. Open with meteor strike and infernal should have it. Ive no idea if quick stun stops him from his following script before it starts or its the range. Tried it just a few times and shit seems to be bugged. Ill just wait untill some fixing or smth i guess. Oh and once when it worked he didnt even stack his buff.

offtopic: quite hilarious that were in the same bracket with hunters for this certain fight.

What are people doing about that 4 minute mark on Demo, everything happens at once you can almost never dodge everything, feels more like luck then skill. Any suggestions?

Armory^

Deleted
    Here's a small bit of advice: The valkyr charge can be blocked by the other npcs. If you stand behind them you won't receive damage. Also tank them stacked on top of each other at the edge of the room, when the runes appear and the guy goes enrage and htis hard slow him, teleport to your circle and easily trigger the runes.

Hope that helps somebody. Did it with 906 ilvl and 39 traits.

Quote Originally Posted by Kncvasdlsfui View Post
    Third transformation is right after the second enrage on jarl. Once you get through that the fight is just waves of valkyr, flaming spears, and ancestral knowledge.

Beat it after about 20 attempts at ilvl 890.
    How the fuck, did you deal with that phase where everything is in play?
    150+ pulls in and I still hit a wall at 3:30-4minutes
    Last edited by Drakile; 2017-04-04 at 02:01 AM.

Armory^

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Here's a small bit of advice: The valkyr charge can be blocked by the other npcs. If you stand behind them you won't receive damage.
    seriously ?

Homophobia is so gay.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    seriously ?
    Yup, worked for me.

Proper use of Fear pretty much wins the Destruction one. Fear him out of Earthquake so that you don't have to deal with the adds, and use the fact that no adds = no real DPS check to go slow and use Fear as an additional interrupt if everything else is on cooldown. Dozen tries or so at 892.

Deleted
    i'v done the destruction one quite easily in 8 tries or so. it was fun and challenging i really liked it

I did demonology too and I gotta say, these two made me feel pretty good.
    The challenge is neat and made me log into my twitter account and thanks Blizzard for that.

Destruction I think i'm gonna pass, my weapon doesn't even have 10% stamina and dmg trait as destro.
    Thanks for the heads up!

Summary for affliction "challenge"
    Gateway randomly disappears (one portal or two at the same time)
    Doomguard's slow is on pvp duration while mages/priests/hunters can permaslow > "challenge" requires legendary
    Adds/mobs can go through obstacles
    Adds/hands can spawn in obstacles/underground > unable to interrupt
    No blue post/any word on fix for those bugs from blizzard after full day > they didn't tested it for affliction at all
    Great communication from Blizzard once again, whoever put this in line with mm/frost/sp/balance is retarded because unlike all those classes affliction has no baseline interrupt, no baseline slow, no stun, no root, fear breaks after 1k damage > hey didn't tested it for affliction at all x2
    oh and paladin can hit you from 15y range.
    Have "fun"
    Last edited by Sunlighthell; 2017-04-04 at 04:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakile View Post
    I ran Shadowfury when I did it. I have the two mobs stacked on each other. I would aoe stun then when the guy started to cast his bladestorm, that also stops the main boss from going into demon form. then just get runes and avoid the Charge. After that the fight is faceroll.

Hotfixes are out. I guess affliction inability to kite is intended. gg.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakile View Post
    Some things that may seem "lul" to say, but I was having a LOT of trouble trying to break the shield from the rune guy. Since I'm an affliction lock in blood, I didn't know how bad demon guardians are for target swap, so I was focusing Sigryn and never could break the guy in time. Put the pet in the middle and forget about dpsing the other ones, dps only the rune guy. Their health is shared and your pet seems to be able to deactivate some of the runes, so put it somewhere in middle.

The second thing is to use Prydaz. Really, that helped to keep my calm and think about survival at all times. Make a focus macro for Sigryn with fear, fear she as soon as you hear her warcry about the AoE. Once the fear is about to fall off, recast. Abuse sephuz/prydaz on that fight for runes, shadow fury too.

Not very helpfull if you know all that but I wish someone in discord told me about the rune guy not losing his shield when I tried basically everything, instead of just focusing him from the begining and not swapping to him when he starts casting the shield, and prydaz.

EDIT: forget about your felguard, use doomguard. It's a must, slow the guy when he's enraged with cripple and interrupt the rune, doomguard is a MUST. I WASTED a good 800 shards before watching someone do it on twitch with doomguard.
    Last edited by evertonbelmontt; 2017-04-04 at 04:58 AM.
    Thanks for the heads up!

Question: Are you actually forced into the spec that the scenario is for? I'm EU so wont be able to try until after work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Inshabel View Post
    Question: Are you actually forced into the spec that the scenario is for? I'm EU so wont be able to try until after work.
    Obviously.

did all 3

aff with the ring easy just use AC and run away till it falls over.

destro is an interrupt management fight can take a few tries.

demo.... fuck the valk walls+rune combo alright?