Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I wouldn't mind this fight if it was a challenging fight, not a gearcheck. The mechanics are easy to execute, but unless you got 900+ ilvl you wont have the dps...

This is how I did it as a shadow priest:

Phase 1:
    • Kite the Boss around the outer part of the platform to prevent his slow fields from stacking up in the other phases.
    • If they proc, use your tentacles for getting some distance to the boss, while he is slowed.
    • Play better safe than sorry and do not risk getting hit, like I did multiple attempts. It is not always possible to bring the cast through.
    • Sometimes Mind Flay is the better option.

Phase 2:
    • Go ham on the caster, while trying to stack his adds.
    • Those adds are a great source of insanity if Mind Flay cleaves into them.
    • Also place your DoTs on an add every now and then, for fishing insanity (set bonus and spirits) and ToF.

Phase 2.5:
    • When the Melee is active again, try to stack him up with those adds, that a Mind Bomb can stun them all.
    • Mind Bomb and those hands have the same spawntimer/cooldown. Pair them, to get a few seconds to nuke them asap.
    • Since every 30 seconds those hands spawn, you can only interrupt every second of them. Dispersion or the absorb neck legendary are your friends.

Phase 3:
    • Same as phase 2, try to gather those adds, while playing the hands and letting the boss tick down on your DoTs.
    • If a rune spawns, you better soak it, otherwise a nasty add spawns. So watch out for your kite path.

Phase 3.5:
    • Try to bring the melee boss back into that pack of adds, and keep him also dotted.
    • Your main target is the caster, if he dies, you have won.

Here is the video of it: (It may take a bit of time, since I am uploading it, whlie writing)

Here is also the talents I used: http://www.wowdb.com/talent-calculator#CbZX
    I found the Mindbender in this case superior, since it will deal its damage, regardless, if you are busy running.

Deleted
    Even with the Sacrolash ring I find I cannot burn the first add fast enough before his stacking speed boost catches me up, even with Burning Rush

Deleted
    So how does his stacking speed buff work exactly? What firsthand experience I can tell my stacks always build up way slower (as balance druid) than for my friends (affl warlock and frost mage). They were at 8 stacks before I was even at 3. The druid in the video didn't even get a single stack.

I thought it had to do with the purple circles, but that doesn't seem to affect the debuff. It seems random, but it just can't be considering the differences.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerOfTwo View Post
    i know everyones hates it and pretens it doesnt exist but believe it or not... warlock IS a multidot spec. Instead of MG / Contagion would you be able to beat the encounter with WiA / AC / SL / SE? Just keep your dots up and burning rush around?....
    I tried that and it just doesn;t kill him fast enough. The stacking speed boost he gets made him catch up with me, even with the legendary ring and burning rush.

P1 is all about blasting him down fast enough. I couldn;t, not at 896 anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Moohlight View Post
    So how does his stacking speed buff work exactly? What firsthand experience I can tell my stacks always build up way slower (as balance druid) than for my friends (affl warlock and frost mage). They were at 8 stacks before I was even at 3. The druid in the video didn't even get a single stack.

I thought it had to do with the purple circles, but that doesn't seem to affect the debuff. It seems random, but it just can't be considering the differences.
    It seems buggy as fuck, either that or they turned off the circles that are supposed to remove his speed buff cos they expect afflocks to use burning rush and portals.

Whilst are dots take like three hours to killanything.

Just completed as an 896 Marksmanship Hunter after about 40 tries. Took the approach of just nuking down Raest for quest credit.

Talents: Lone Wolf, Lock and Load, Posthaste, Patient Sniper, Binding Shot, Crows and Piercing Shot.

Early on my biggest issue was sustaining enough boss damage and killing the Hands in time consistently. Having both the legendary war belt helped greatly as only ever killed the Shadowy Fiends to reset Exhilaration for healing. By keeping them alive and clumped up in a big ball around Raest with a Tar Trap up constantly allowed me to use them to build War Belt stacks to help burst down Raest and have a maxed out aimed shot ready combined with Crows to burst down the Hand from Beyond when it spawned.

When Phase 3 hits and he spawns the purple orbs to need to soak to stop the Vezzax from spawning, try to save a turtle, binding or bursting shot to by you enough time to soak it and get back to kiting range. If one spawns in a bad stop just trap it and avoid hitting it with multi-shots. Towards the end I just interrupted the last hand and trapped the last purple orb add and blasted Raest for the finish. Died seconds after killing him, still got credit.

Glad to see the art of kiting isn't dead.

Deleted
    I suspect we will see "Proving Ground Syndrome" where different classes doing the same scenario have vastly different difficulty in doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    For Frostmage - freezing rain (41 point trait) = MANDATORY. There is no way in hell you will be able to kite everything without it.

Sheer AoE kiting ability aside, it also a boost to your single target on this type of fight because frozen orb > instant blizzard > very short frozen orb cooldown > more FoF procs > frozen orb again > you get the idea.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Quote Originally Posted by RangerCroe View Post
    Just completed as an 896 Marksmanship Hunter after about 40 tries. Took the approach of just nuking down Raest for quest credit.

Talents: Lone Wolf, Lock and Load, Posthaste, Patient Sniper, Binding Shot, Crows and Piercing Shot.

Early on my biggest issue was sustaining enough boss damage and killing the Hands in time consistently. Having both the legendary war belt helped greatly as only ever killed the Shadowy Fiends to reset Exhilaration for healing. By keeping them alive and clumped up in a big ball around Raest with a Tar Trap up constantly allowed me to use them to build War Belt stacks to help burst down Raest and have a maxed out aimed shot ready combined with Crows to burst down the Hand from Beyond when it spawned.

When Phase 3 hits and he spawns the purple orbs to need to soak to stop the Vezzax from spawning, try to save a turtle, binding or bursting shot to by you enough time to soak it and get back to kiting range. If one spawns in a bad stop just trap it and avoid hitting it with multi-shots. Towards the end I just interrupted the last hand and trapped the last purple orb add and blasted Raest for the finish. Died seconds after killing him, still got credit.

Glad to see the art of kiting isn't dead.
    Awesome^^

Just did it myself on my MM hunter, 897 ilvl, approx 30 tries. Some idiotic deaths(one I started off the encounter disengaging off the platform.

Did exactly the same as you, and even though this is doable enough without, the War Belt helps immensely on this. Same build as you except I used Trick Shot. Those 5-7million crits are awesome And proccing LnL at the right time is also Rngesusblessed.

On the kill I had averagely rng, some tries it was obviously harder with bad rng. As MM don't go with helm/pants, go for max dps. The encounter is all about kiting, and if you can't manage that you are oneshot anyway(the neck might help though) having exhiliration is enough to keep you alive.

hello
    can anybody tell me the addons that frost mage uses ?!
    the one that show the damage he do on left side of monitor
    and the charecter buffs and items in middle
    if he can link all his addons it is IMBA
    ty a lot

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Killem View Post
    This is how I did it as a shadow priest:

Phase 1:
    • Kite the Boss around the outer part of the platform to prevent his slow fields from stacking up in the other phases.
    • If they proc, use your tentacles for getting some distance to the boss, while he is slowed.
    • Play better safe than sorry and do not risk getting hit, like I did multiple attempts. It is not always possible to bring the cast through.
    • Sometimes Mind Flay is the better option.

Phase 2:
    • Go ham on the caster, while trying to stack his adds.
    • Those adds are a great source of insanity if Mind Flay cleaves into them.
    • Also place your DoTs on an add every now and then, for fishing insanity (set bonus and spirits) and ToF.

Phase 2.5:
    • When the Melee is active again, try to stack him up with those adds, that a Mind Bomb can stun them all.
    • Mind Bomb and those hands have the same spawntimer/cooldown. Pair them, to get a few seconds to nuke them asap.
    • Since every 30 seconds those hands spawn, you can only interrupt every second of them. Dispersion or the absorb neck legendary are your friends.

Phase 3:
    • Same as phase 2, try to gather those adds, while playing the hands and letting the boss tick down on your DoTs.
    • If a rune spawns, you better soak it, otherwise a nasty add spawns. So watch out for your kite path.

Phase 3.5:
    • Try to bring the melee boss back into that pack of adds, and keep him also dotted.
    • Your main target is the caster, if he dies, you have won.

Here is the video of it: (It may take a bit of time, since I am uploading it, whlie writing)

Here is also the talents I used: http://www.wowdb.com/talent-calculator#CbZX
    I found the Mindbender in this case superior, since it will deal its damage, regardless, if you are busy running.
    I don't understand, you didnt kill the Karam guy but you still got it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinie View Post
    I don't understand, you didnt kill the Karam guy but you still got it?
    Correct, you complete it when you kill Raest. Whether you kill Karam or not doesn't seem to matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Moohlight View Post
    It is probably tuned differently for different classes. For a mage the two "bosses" have 50% more HP than for a boomkin. And hands cast time is 10s instead of 15. Etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    For Frostmage - freezing rain (41 point trait) = MANDATORY. There is no way in hell you will be able to kite everything without it.
    I did it without, but yes, it makes things MUCH more stressful.

Snutz just won the challenge by bursting raest during phase 2, skipping phase 3 completely.

Is anyone else having dc issues when doing the stupid encounter? It is amazingly annoying especially when you reach like p3 and you just dc out of the blue -_-

Just found this if any shadows wanna try it lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8DKEn-bVqQ

Deleted
    as a frost mage GS build this is impossible. GS is about standing still which pretty much makes this a no go.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post

I did it without, but yes, it makes things MUCH more stressful.
    What talents? And what ilvl?

That Hunter vid isn't very informative, he ignores half the mechanics and just brute force the whole thing.

Different setup spriest video

cant post my vid because I'm new to the forum but i have a different setup for spriest challenge if you just go to plays.tv and check out chaw562 you'll find it