Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I finished it after about 8 or 9 tries last night. I had issues with Ghostwolf auto popping the runes for some reason and had to play extra defensively. That all said, once you get past 50% it is really easy since they stop doing some mechanics.

Also, Sigryn can be hexed, so I kept her out of the fight almost entirely.

Got mine in 5 attempts. Have to say, I'm disappointed. I was expecting green fire level, this is far from "master your class" that they said, it's way too easy.

EDIT: Talking about Sigryn for the enhanc skin.

Done the Enhancement shaman one, second try.

Dodge val'kyrs, nuke shield with Doom Winds, use wolves whenever they're up, keep Sygrin in Hex most of the time.
    Other than that, just cleave both the Melee and Caster mob, pull them away if possible so you dont cleave Sygrin out of the CC. Use stun totem to gain some time on heals or to interrupt casts.

Shaladrassil is great, so is Prydaz. Rainfall is a good substitute for Shaladrassil. Other than that, just run away from Bladestorm and if the Melee mob enrages, kite him with Earthbind.

It's pretty much a joke tbh. With 905+ itemlevel, you can just cleave both adds down and Sygrin will just surrender at 20% anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    Got mine in 5 attempts. Have to say, I'm disappointed. I was expecting green fire level, this is far from "master your class" that they said, it's way too easy.

EDIT: Talking about Sigryn for the enhanc skin.
    Fun fact, I feel like Resto is almost impossible to beat. You have to be EXTREMELY lucky and purge the mob, wasting a lot of mana and keeping everyone (including yourself) topped. If you dont have a stun for the last group or for the double knife-dancer group, you're dead. Simple as that. Also the fixating thing is A LOT to deal with during the double knife-dancer group. You seriously need to be a TAUREN to stun them and get rid off the fixation, while keeping up your group.

Sometimes I ask myself if Blizzard ACTUALLY playtests this kind of stuff, or if we're still beta testing the shit out of legion...
    Last edited by Darleth; 2017-04-04 at 12:32 AM.
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

There's some serious RNG in the resto one. If you get past stage 1 it seems like there's a good chance you'll make it (gotten the last boss to 10% twice), but stage 1 is always a crap shoot. I would have to assume it's impossible without either roots or prydaz.

Oh yeah, and whoever made it so they can split dps on the double knife twirling mob pack should be dragged out and shot.
    Last edited by harruin; 2017-04-04 at 04:48 AM.

The hardest part of Resto appears to be the first stage, so at least thats good.

Anhk totem doesnt work on Jarod or the girls.
    Hex and Hex totem dont work, always take lightning surge.
    I havent figured out a way to negate the mana sting yet, seems we get to just heal through it unlike others.
    We do however get to interupt and purge the mages to keep their stacks low.
    Earthbind and Windrush make the fixates easy, just hope they dont fixate anyone but you.
    Spiritwalkers Grace is nice if you get a double fixate on you and a friend.
    Can Anhk as long as your allies dont die.

Seems like for me the hardest part is going to be managing my mana since im undergeared for it, otherwise its just trial and error.

Quote Originally Posted by Qprah View Post
    The hardest part of Resto appears to be the first stage, so at least thats good.

Anhk totem doesnt work on Jarod or the girls.
    Hex and Hex totem dont work, always take lightning surge.
    I havent figured out a way to negate the mana sting yet, seems we get to just heal through it unlike others.
    We do however get to interupt and purge the mages to keep their stacks low.
    Earthbind and Windrush make the fixates easy, just hope they dont fixate anyone but you.
    Spiritwalkers Grace is nice if you get a double fixate on you and a friend.
    Can Anhk as long as your allies dont die.

Seems like for me the hardest part is going to be managing my mana since im undergeared for it, otherwise its just trial and error.
    I personally always ran behind jarod for the mana sting. Thats the only real way to negate it as a resto shaman.
    I have Roots and still die to fixation during the double Dancer group. I usually get the fixation of both the first time around. What I did the first time was stunning them and linking myself and both melees in the group during their knife-dance, while healing Grandma up and keeping my group topped with chain heals, healing rain and asc up. Still the last group is a nightmare after that then.

I'll probably try it again soon and trying some stuff out. Maybe i'll get it done.

I dont see myself really undergeared tbh; I have around 902 in my healing spec, while sitting at 908 in enhancement.

*tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaty View Post
    shaman have a 2 sec stun on a 1 min timer...
    Shamans have a 5 sec stun on a 45 second timer.

Deleted
    I'm doing Enhancement shaman on 873 Item level and I can say its not an easy fight.

Done a few tries now 6-7 times. I do new mistake every-time guess I have to keep trying. :P

as resto, I just stunned out every other knife dance and heal through the others
    you can stun out mana sting, but it's not worth the cd imo
    I purged maybe 1 arcane blast stack per mage rotation, but sometimes didn't bother, wind shear and cap totem cover the rest
    I just ran standard dungeon spec (undulation, ascend, took crashing waves over AG, just spammed riptide and healing wave for most of it)
    if you're having mana issues, try resurgence, everything seems to hit for more than 40% of your party's hp anyways
    and remember that earthbind totem exists for resto and ele challenges, although sometimes I found it easier to just face-tank the fixate with caress+shift
    Last edited by ryklin; 2017-04-04 at 03:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aT1C View Post
    I'm doing Enhancement shaman on 873 Item level and I can say its not an easy fight.

Done a few tries now 6-7 times. I do new mistake every-time guess I have to keep trying. :P
    You might be a bit low on item level for it though. Might not be able to bruteforce it, which is a good thing imo.
    Just try to keep Sygrin hexxed while dpsing both the other and keep your doom winds for shields. That is how I did it and I had no problems. And as I've said, use Rainfall. It doesn't seem like a lot of heal, but it truly is helpful in there.

*tips m'fedora*

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Hm, I'm elemental too, only at 885, though I've got both the legendary belt and ring, and playing the standard Ascendance build... I'll give it a few go's as soon as it pops in the EU.
    LR seems to be the way to go over Ascendance imo.

882 Ilvl with roots and bracers legos, and I find it pretty difficult in terms of forgiveness. Each attempt I did last night I was able to get them closer to 20%.

I am finding it extremely fun and challenging, and maybe that is because my ilvl is pretty low, but either way I am happy with it. Maybe those with a higher ilvl found it to be a joke, but I certainly do not.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Riistov View Post
    LR seems to be the way to go over Ascendance imo.
    Yeah, I tried the wowhead guide, or rather I tried doing the things the guide suggested, but at 885 without Shaladrasil.... Yeah it's not happening

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

so, has anyone completed the enhance trial? i cant CC out side of cap totem and its garbage for this. so, im just getting beat on by 3 mobs the whole time and cant outrun nor outheal anything.
    Fun thing is I got much farther into the fight on my 880 assassination rogue alt than on my 900 shaman. Enhancement is just shit in survival and CC here imho.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post
    Fun thing is I got much farther into the fight on my 880 assassination rogue alt than on my 900 shaman. Enhancement is just shit in survival and CC here imho.
    Enhancement shaman have bad survival in general :/

Beat it with my 899 ench. Took about ~15 attempts. roots were very helpful indeed, with them and rainfall all three enemies are easily tanked at that ilvl.

just did enhance
    did 5 attempts just hexing her when she went into demon form
    but I kept running into this thing where around 50% (3 min in or so w/ my mediocre dps) runes, blade storm, demon form, and valkyries would all come up
    then I just kept her in frog for the whole fight other than the opener and to reset diminishing returns on hex
    and I got it that attempt

Deleted
    so, has anyone completed the enhance trial? i cant CC out side of cap totem and its garbage for this. so, im just getting beat on by 3 mobs the whole time and cant outrun nor outheal anything.
    898. Literally just completed it. 7 attempts. It gets easier once you hit sub-50%. Used roots/prydaz for self sustain as well as healing rain. It's like the worst game of simon says.

Armory profile.
    Last edited by mmoccad4d490dd; 2017-04-04 at 11:59 PM.

Deleted
    71% now the guy just keep doing shield constantly my dps was not good after a while for it. Progress at lest

Yea, elemental is legit not possible at 892 without the healing legs