Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by By the Emperor View Post
    Same as us, interesting. Then we'll probably have the same affixes as you tomorrow.

Is it teeming, explosive orb, skittish?
    Don't worry about it, you've got the same affix as us now
    Teeming, Explosives, Fortified
    Enjoy the explosions
    mythicpl.us if you were needing a site

Stack up or you get no heals! || Water control perfect, still can't attack with it
    Signature by Winter Blossom

Quote Originally Posted by Angrox View Post
    It's shit cos it's an affix that basically makes marksman hunters not viable from M+7 onwards
    Well guess i'll rejoin the rest of the MM hunts in dungeons come next week.

What strategies to we have to counter it?

Arcane shot?
    I wonder if there's a reason to play survival now.

Every dungeon has a pack with 5+ mobs, not feasible.
    melee. it makes melee less godly in a mythic plus. not just hunters that don't know they should be using a bow and a pet.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Hotfix for Fel Explosives just went out. This should fix a lot of the issues people are having with it.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1...fixes-april-4/

Does anyone know if Moonkin shoulders (Lady of the Child) work on double moonfire and hitting two orbs if they are close to each other? I guess same question goes for Ice lance cleave from frost mage?

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan017 View Post
    Hotfix for Fel Explosives just went out. This should fix a lot of the issues people are having with it.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1...fixes-april-4/
    Looks like they've patched the extra orbs spawning issue, One down atleast.

Looks like they've patched the extra orbs spawning issue, One down atleast.
    What other "issues" are there in relation to them? Everything that I could think of that might be perceived as an "issue" is probably intended.

ex:

No macro targetting
    Not AoEable
    Not outrangeable

Honestly, did anyone ACTUALLY think the orbs were going to be AOE-able? That'd defeat the entire purpose and just create "overflowing V2: Explosive bogaloo"; It'd have been a 100% non-issue affix, that would be ignored entirely because fuckit, we aoe everything ANYWAY.
    The purpose of these affixes are to make you change the way you play - and explosive certainly manages that. They could have gone two ways, and IMO, they went with the better one.

1: High HP orb, everyone needs to switch and singletarget nuke to kill over say, ~10 seconds.
    This would have led to classes with shitty switch-abilities being left out, because why not just take a hunter that can burst instantly?
    2: Super low HP orb, short cast time. ANY class can switch to this and KO it in 1-2 hits, which means classes with bad target switching aren't left out; As long as they're good players, you'll prefer them over someone with high singletarget burst.

It rewards correct play more so than correct class, which is IMO a great way to go about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Honestly, did anyone ACTUALLY think the orbs were going to be AOE-able? That'd defeat the entire purpose and just create "overflowing V2: Explosive bogaloo"; It'd have been a 100% non-issue affix, that would be ignored entirely because fuckit, we aoe everything ANYWAY.
    The purpose of these affixes are to make you change the way you play - and explosive certainly manages that. They could have gone two ways, and IMO, they went with the better one.

1: High HP orb, everyone needs to switch and singletarget nuke to kill over say, ~10 seconds.
    This would have led to classes with shitty switch-abilities being left out, because why not just take a hunter that can burst instantly?
    2: Super low HP orb, short cast time. ANY class can switch to this and KO it in 1-2 hits, which means classes with bad target switching aren't left out; As long as they're good players, you'll prefer them over someone with high singletarget burst.

It rewards correct play more so than correct class, which is IMO a great way to go about this.
    all valid points. But no other affix is this bad to counter... i'll call it a week for +7 onwards

all valid points. But no other affix is this bad to counter... i'll call it a week for +7 onwards
    I'd argue bolstering is still worse. Limits the amount you can pull just as badly (pull too many and you get overwhelmed by orbs / overwhelmed by bolstering buffs), limits your playstyle to single targetting more (groups of mobs where low HP mobs are in will bolster quickly, such as spiders in BRH, small trog things in BRH/Vault etc), but bolstering also makes pulls a lot longer by virtue of the HP buff other mobs gets. Atleast explosive doesn't care if you're AOEing.

(That's also not to mention that bolstering+fortified is an insanely annoying combo, buffing already superbuffed mobs even more. Atleast explosive has no real interaction with teeming or fotified as such).

I'd argue bolstering is still worse. Limits the amount you can pull just as badly (pull too many and you get overwhelmed by orbs / overwhelmed by bolstering buffs), limits your playstyle to single targetting more (groups of mobs where low HP mobs are in will bolster quickly, such as spiders in BRH, small trog things in BRH/Vault etc), but bolstering also makes pulls a lot longer by virtue of the HP buff other mobs gets. Atleast explosive doesn't care if you're AOEing.

(That's also not to mention that bolstering+fortified is an insanely annoying combo, buffing already superbuffed mobs even more. Atleast explosive has no real interaction with teeming or fotified as such).
    Nah bolstering you can cleave em down evenly.
    Shit doesn't get buffed till it's very low hp.
    Even that requires less constant coordination/focus then explosive.

The only thing wrong with the affix is a few glitches where they can spawn in areas that aren't reachable or in LoS.

Otherwise fix your bad play and learn how to deal with something. Oh noz, as a dps I have to do more then do my max aoe damage rotation, broken affix!

Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    It's intended you single target them. Don't kill too much at the same time.
    It's not like they spawn when things die. It's teeming and they spawn 5 or six at a time. BRH they kept spawning at a rate that the dps was focused on them and couldnt do enough damage to kill adds. They were averaging 800k+ in a 10 BRH. Made it to the the big room before 2nd boss.

This affix is interesting but not playable in it's current state. My Flameshock is only up every 6 secs and I dont have time to cast between keeping up the raid.

- - - Updated - - -

How do you figure Players to reach in the teens with this affix?

We did a HOV 15 and died 32 times, still managed to 2 chest it. This just basically makes it so you have to pull smaller and more controlled. After the first boss I suggest killing the 2 patting guys, then the pack on the stairs, then cc what you can and pull the rest far away so that you out range the 60 yard range on the CCd mobs. Stuff like this is what you will have to do to play around this affix.

Deleted
    I think they should let us kill them with, lets say, avenger shield for pally or marked shot for hunts if we target them. Cuz as a pal tank, i can only Judgment or Shield of the Righteous them... I should be able to avenger shield them too, if the first hit is on it...

my shield killed em, so not sure what you are on about that one :P

Bolstering is by far one of the easiest, are you kidding?

Deleted
    looking forward to quake :-DDD

Quote Originally Posted by Hissig View Post
    Bolstering is by far one of the easiest, are you kidding?
    Not at all. Have been boosting Arcway today so far, and this affix really isn't something to worry about unless your tanks a retard and pulls mobs from 40 miles away that nobody notices. Bolstering atleast stops you from chainpulling :s.

hope they fix it to target macro them or an helpful addon comes up etc..

is there an weakaura as allert?

3 chested a +8 arcway, ivanyr's room can be quite problematic when lossing mana wyrms since orbs will spawn and explode without coming at you
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©