Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Why NE aren't immortal again?
    I blame healers. When healers are not on their game, NEs die.

Quote Originally Posted by Shizari View Post
    All of that, but the ritual did still happen...

...in a fucking throwaway line in the final quest:
    http://wow.gamepedia.com/Quest:Elemental_Bonds:_The_Vow
    Read through all the quest text and then flavor text. There's nothing mentioned of the ritual. When you arrive, it goes straight to his marriage proposal. The ritual, it's purpose (other than Thrall saying "will bring new life to Azeroth), and whether or not they completed it is never actually mentioned.

That's the quest that actually does Step 4 and 5 in my post.

Yet the ritual was completely ignored once Thrall returns. Blizzard dropped a world shaping plot point for "Thrall gon' get married y'all!"
    Last edited by Faroth; 2017-04-05 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Read through all the quest text and then flavor text. There's nothing mentioned of the ritual. When you arrive, it goes straight to his marriage proposal. The ritual, it's purpose (other than Thrall saying "will bring new life to Azeroth), and whether or not they completed it is never actually mentioned.

That's the quest that actually does Step 4 and 5 in my post.

Yet the ritual was completely ignored once Thrall returns. Blizzard dropped a world shaping plot point for "Thrall gon' get married y'all!"
    While the ritual itself is never directly mentioned again, I don't see how Nordrassil could bring new life to Azeroth without first being restored. I guess it's just one of those "it happened behind the scenes" moments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Frankly I don't see the necessity to have them lose their immortality
    It's more like there's no necessity for them to be immortal anymore other than "aging sucks" which is a way too selfish reason for gifts always given for a precise purpose to fulfill. They could have the luxury to be selfish if they were born that way but they didn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    It's more like there's no necessity for them to be immortal anymore other than "aging sucks" which is a way too selfish reason for gifts always given for a precise purpose to fulfill. They could have the luxury to be selfish if they were born that way but they didn't.
    /blood elves become immortal

/laugh track
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Its not really immortality if its tied to a well or a tree.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    /blood elves become immortal

/laugh track
    "But, how that happened?"

"Dunno, one day I woke up and realized my penis was way too thick and stronk to just be mortal"
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

What makes you think they aren't? I have no idea how many times I've killed a NE hunter but every time they always come back to die a second time.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    "But, how that happened?"

"Dunno, one day I woke up and realized my penis was way too thick and stronk to just be mortal"
    its like always sunny

night elves: "we have to be better"

Blood elves: "do the thing but better"

/laugh track

shit almost writes itself. Rip wc3 nelves.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Wasn't it said somewhere's that the immortality of each individual actually hurt the race as a whole? Like childbirth was almost non existent and they just didn't develop much. They just stayed the same for so very long and when a huge war happens and their numbers drop, it hits them bigger than it hits the bunny breeding orcs.

Losing their immortality probably caused a boom in adventurers aswell. People who want to go out and do things now that they have a lifespan again. The Draenei also have this going on now where individual draenei adventurers going out and doing things is something new, since they were so used to their long lived sheltered lives.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Wasn't it said somewhere's that the immortality of each individual actually hurt the race as a whole? Like childbirth was almost non existent and they just didn't develop much. They just stayed the same for so very long and when a huge war happens and their numbers drop, it hits them bigger than it hits the bunny breeding orcs.
    They could have popped kids out left and right, but their lifestyle with nature and new obsession with balance caused the declining births.

Look at the high elves in comparison, two generations passed and they had a kingdom packed with elves, without the blessing of Alexstrasza.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    They could have popped kids out left and right, but their lifestyle with nature and new obsession with balance caused the declining births.

Look at the high elves in comparison, two generations passed and they had a kingdom packed with elves, without the blessing of Alexstrasza.
    The government needs to force the druids to fuk or something instead of spending most of their time in the dream. lul

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    The government needs to force the druids to fuk or something instead of spending most of their time in the dream. lul
    They need their nap times, but yeah the night elves pretty much squandered Alexstraszas gift and still do.

They need their nap times, but yeah the night elves pretty much squandered Alexstraszas gift and still do.
    Well, Alex's sister charged them with the duty. She took a lot of male night elves for herself.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Well, Alex's sister charged them with the duty. She took a lot of male night elves for herself.
    You still have quite a few non druids, who could have had children, elves are adults in the same time span as humans, they could have easily counterbalanced the druids after a hundred years or so, but they decided not to have kids, despite their vigil and the potential costs it would entail.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    You still have quite a few non druids, who could have had children, elves are adults in the same time span as humans, they could have easily counterbalanced the druids after a hundred years or so, but they decided not to have kids, despite their vigil and the potential costs it would entail.
    Seeing how night elves have some clear asian culture inspiration i can think of few reasons why thats the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Seeing how night elves have some clear asian culture inspiration i can think of few reasons why thats the case.
    It makes sense they couldn't leave their treehouses anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Living 10,000 years not enough for you?
    I might be in a small minority here, but If I could live forever in my current body, in its current condition (aka not growing old or developing a continuous growing life threatening cancer that could never kill me), I would in a heart beat.

I'd love to see the future, how it pans out, and hope to god by the time the destruction of the earth comes about, interstellar travel was a option. Sure, the first life time would be difficult seeing you're family and friends pass, but once that was gone, you'd be on the straight and narrow (totally assuming here, I'd disappear as not to reveal the no ageing ). To see the achievements of the future would make it totally worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    well night elves haven't always put nature first, remember that their essence is arcane - i feel its their nature affinity that keeps the arcane fixation in check, bringing them in balance where otherwise they would over do it and run into the same problems they had that resulted in the end of a phenomenal era. Remeber what Farodin said. " magic shaped us and lifted us out of the darkness - but without balance, it also threatens to unmake us. They had the potential to rival the titans according to Aluneth. Who knows if they will get there again.
    Maybe you'd have a point if it wouldn't be for druids that tried to plant world trees in order to get immortality. That was the case with Grizzlemaw in Northrend and that was the case with Teldrassil which was planted by ArchDRUID Staghelm.

And the only reason was that they felt they're entilted to it. This is why I found it to be extremly hypocritical, they are so into nature and wilderness, Cenarius and stuff, but they have hard time accepting natural order, natural processed as getting old, and die, so the new ones could be born and take their place. Like basicly every other creature on planet had to go through.

And Mind you in WC3 we didn't even know about Night Elf origins, we only knew they're living in a forests and sylvan type of elves, very druidic and quite primal.

The revelations about Nelven sorcerers came later, and it's not the Highborne that tried to plant World trees, those were druids. Supposed "guardians of nature".

Night Eles still have enormous life span, to the point it sounds ridiculous to live this long. They have enough time to train, and rise new sentinels and such. But I feel it's just sheer arrogance and entiltement that is behind it, especially when Night Elves weren't originally immortal to begin with.
    Last edited by Ramz; 2017-04-07 at 01:21 PM.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Rip wc3 nelves.
    *screaming about mother moon and sacred forest being holy and sacred*

*gets shitfaced as a result*

*hide under Cenarius's skirt to fight back*

Indeed, those were "glorious" times.