Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    im struggling with the arcane/darkness phase. frost phase seems to be trivial at this point though.

piece of advice to whomever maybe struggling with dps check on the last phase boss, you get full nemesis benefit if you put it on the add and kill it before the debuff ends. took me embarrassingly long to realize this while i was struggling with boss dps. demonic for the first part, then switch to full single build and you should be able to do it as long as your gear allows you to meet the dps check.

i haven't read this thread, so if this was old info to everyone, i apologize.

edit: about the darkness phase, if you've managed to kite the boss near the center, you should be able to double rush back to him to entirely by pass the the phase, you can also use meta leap to stun xylem out of the darkness, however you should not do this if it means you cannot use meta again in last phase void thing.
    Last edited by aGit; 2017-04-04 at 09:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aGit View Post
    piece of advice to whomever maybe struggling with dps check on the last phase boss, you get full nemesis benefit if you put it on the add and kill it before the debuff ends. took me embarrassingly long to realize this while i was struggling with boss dps. demonic for the first part, then switch to full single build and you should be able to do it as long as your gear allows you to meet the dps check.

i haven't read this thread, so if this was old info to everyone, i apologize.
    If only I had 916 iLvl

My best try...

10+ Year Old Account
    Argh got the last phase to 4k. 4 fucking k. Was a very imperfect attempt though, should get it tonight.

Really really enjoying it though. 897 ilvl, seems extremely doable.

Quote Originally Posted by Shirofune View Post
    If only I had 916 iLvl

My best try...
    guildie had a few below 1m wipes as well, must be annoying as hell. my equipped ilvl was 911 on the kill, i used prydaz and aotgh (sephuz for the first phases)

I have to say I think it is pretty god damn stupid that as DH's we have to tome and gear/spec swap between phases. The challenge shouldn't be some one size fits all for multiple classes and if you don't have certain legos or a build with insane self healing you are SOL. All my deaths have literally been, oh, if I had a prydaz, I wouldn't of died. Really piss poor design as I've been coming to expect with each patch. If the encounter can't be done with a single spec from ph1 to ph2, and one set of armor, then they should of just disabled the damn thing until tomb released. I feel like I am exploiting by doing spec/gear swaps using a tome.

914 Vengeance DH here, 8/10M, Wowprogress
    After several 1% wipes, needed around 40 attempts to beat the scenario. Went with leech ring and fiery brand boots.
    3-3-2-3-3-3-1 build, after trying many different choices. After learning that greed is not the way to go on Variss, I got stuck at Kruul because of the dps check ruled by the Annihilate (was it? the spell that increases its damage by 130% each time). The strategy was saving all the healing orbs and interrupts (fear, imprison) to interrupt its cast, and proc cheat death at the third stack.

Overall thoroughly enjoyed the challenge!
    Estás usando este software de traducción de forma incorrecta. Por favor, consulta el manual.

Quote Originally Posted by DeuZWw View Post
    well, wiping there too.

Tips i noticed:

p1:
    - You can DoubleJump the iceshards instead of destroying it.
    - You can also use Metamorphosis to get out of it as a panic buttom(i do not recommend tho)
    - abuse of Interrupt/Stun/CC to avoid his casts and reduce incoming damage.
    - Destroying ice shards makes a pool of souls that you can use to either reset Eye Beam and Heal yourself.

p2:

- His original self shows on Mini-map.
    - Everytime you kill his copy, he created a bubble where you can use to healyourself and avoid damage.
    - Watch out for cast bars, if you felrush into a mirrorimage while hes casting he will knock you out and will probably be a wipe.

i think Demonic is easier because of the leech, you don't even need to use Metamorphosis on P1.

i'm stuck at p2 because i'm a retard who can't keep cool.

GreenFire warlock memories. haha
    Everything you talked about is phase 1. Phase 2 is killing a huge shadow walker who summons adds on you while creating a huge pool of darkness.

This scenario is driving me insane. I'm dying every time to Comet Storm hitting me after i already escaped the cage. I stun before leaving the cage so i'm always at full hp, and my recap log always looks the same: 2 ticks of Comet Storm, one Frost Bolt, another Comet Storm tick and a final Frost bolt before i'm even halfway throught the platform.

I keep trying to re-position him on the arcane phase so he's near and i can hopefully Imprison him and stop his Frost Bolt spam while i deal with the 3 ticks of Comet Storm, but when i interrupt his arcane barrage he goes straight to another one and i can't move him at all.

How are you guys dealing with these?

Deleted
    How to do the DH Artifact Challenge:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_WLSRQXPZU

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BurningBurns View Post
    Just completed the Havoc one. 906 equip, using Opus and AotHG Proof: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Bunring/simple

Used 3321233 for Archmage and 2231311 for Demon.

Best thing I found, I would only kill crystal ices when I had Fury up, if I didin't I would just jump over them. Also keeping him in the middle is key. I was able to double fel rush to him in every Arcane Annihilation phase, taking the phase out of the fight.

Demon phase was super easy, just have to kill the adds on time. I would fel rush / VR out at about 3 to the opposite side, Open with Chaos Nova and Fury. Keep them slowed with TG, I got 3 waves of them. Also had plenty of room when I finished him off.
    Incredibly fun fight.
    Everytime I get to Arcane Phase with the Darkness I get stopped in my FelRush like there's an invisible wall.. I can never get todo 2x Fel Rush in a row without gettin hit by this. And well, killing the adds and staying inside the small bubbles doenst help alot cuz the second u go outside, you get 1shot
    But gz.

Quote Originally Posted by ehxy View Post
    Everything you talked about is phase 1. Phase 2 is killing a huge shadow walker who summons adds on you while creating a huge pool of darkness.
    This was very early, people were referring to Ice/Shadow/Arcane as p1/p2/p3 at time. will update the post anyway to avoid confusion.
    Signature was infraaaaaaaaaacted. Need a new one!

Quote Originally Posted by ehxy View Post
    No, phase 2 is the shadow floor/arcane phase, it says so on the scenario tab. Final phase/phase 3 is the shadow demon. I got to phase 3 and the demonic build wasn't working... I guess you have to change builds after you beat xylem?

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Just completed this challenge with an item level of 891 (world record for lowest item level? idk)

legendaries phase1: Prydaz,anger of the half giants. Talents phase 1: 3323223
    legendaries phase2: Mo'arg and Prydaz. Talents phase 2: 2233311.

Did anyone managed to get it done without Prydaz or Achor at all?
    Signature was infraaaaaaaaaacted. Need a new one!

Quote Originally Posted by Resentless View Post
    No, phase 2 is the shadow floor/arcane phase, it says so on the scenario tab. Final phase/phase 3 is the shadow demon. I got to phase 3 and the demonic build wasn't working... I guess you have to change builds after you beat xylem?
    You don't have to there are just builds that perform better that were not used in the first phase. Someone posted in the other thread they used demonic build all the way through but barely made it.

Quote Originally Posted by DeuZWw View Post
    Did anyone managed to get it done without Prydaz or Achor at all?
    It doesn't seem so. I've seen a lot of people doing it, but everyone I've talked to has had one or the other, in some cases both.

I played around with it for a bit, I get wrecked in the arcane phase. As much as I want it, I have limited time to play as is so I'd rather spend my time getting AP to make doing it easier in the future.

I dont understand how my fel rushes during the arcane phase just hit a fucking wall. Every single video I watch of people completing this have all the time in the world to rush, run a little bit, rush, tag the boss. When I try it, i double jump, dash, dash, end up WAY short because my 2nd rush just dies, then I die within 2 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Kash6 View Post
    I dont understand how my fel rushes during the arcane phase just hit a fucking wall. Every single video I watch of people completing this have all the time in the world to rush, run a little bit, rush, tag the boss. When I try it, i double jump, dash, dash, end up WAY short because my 2nd rush just dies, then I die within 2 seconds.
    Make sure you're not having any lag, check your spell queue window/lag tolerance, and try not to hold W when you're fel rushing.