Poll: Do you want Shadowstep back?

Quote Originally Posted by Valentyn View Post
    Might be silly question, but has anyone discovered the Subtlety hidden artifact ability/proc?

It's been months and I don't recall it ever being found.
    Isnt it being able to fall without taking damage?

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Isnt it being able to fall without taking damage?
    No, that's part of an actual trait.

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    the abilty to do a lot more things stealthed?
    No, that's subterfuge being very buggy. Take off subterfuge and you're no longer super sneaky.

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    the abilty to do a lot more things stealthed?
    Nah that's just subterfuge, taking off your artifact still lets that happen as Sub.

I'm seriously doubting whether they even bothered to add one for Sub.

Deleted
    Nah that's just subterfuge, taking off your artifact still lets that happen as Sub.

I'm seriously doubting whether they even bothered to add one for Sub.
    To be fair I think it's the last one which hasn't been uncovered yet so that would probably explain a lot...
    Last edited by mmoc5243f17fcd; 2017-04-05 at 12:46 PM.

Has anyone ran into a bug where Xylem refuses to leave the shadow phase? I'm on his face, doing AoE, and the bugger refuses the leave. It's happened 7 times now already.

Even made a gif of the one time everything was going perfectly..until then that is.

https://gfycat.com/ElegantUnfinishedBarasinga

Edit: If anyone is interested in the full Artifact Challenge fight, and how to do it as Sub.
    Last edited by Valentyn; 2017-04-05 at 07:00 PM.

Has anyone ran into a bug where Xylem refuses to leave the shadow phase? I'm on his face, doing AoE, and the bugger refuses the leave. It's happened 7 times now already.

Even made a gif of the one time everything was going perfectly..until then that is.

https://gfycat.com/ElegantUnfinishedBarasinga

Edit: If anyone is interested in the full Artifact Challenge fight, and how to do it as Sub.
    Well done, man. I think I'll try this one another time. I feel like I need a) bit better gear and b) probably the cloak for the ice crap

Did you end up taking the extra 20% slow for NB to help with the void adds in the last phase?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaronicity View Post
    Well done, man. I think I'll try this one another time. I feel like I need a) bit better gear and b) probably the cloak for the ice crap

Did you end up taking the extra 20% slow for NB to help with the void adds in the last phase?
    Thanks.

If you don't have the cloak you Must shadowstep/strike to one of the outside Icicles. The issue is, it only works 66% of the time. You have that 33% chance to blinking into one and dying, so it's much more hassle really; although it means you lose single target damage which is very important in the last phase.

Also Tangled for that extra Nightblade slow is also vital, you can see how fast the little buggers move at the end anyway, and once they touch the shadow it's usually over.

If you do mess up at any stage, simply leave instance group. That way you get to keep your defiled rune and food buff between attempts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaronicity View Post

You don't need the cloak, spec into Weaponmaster and just Dance and spam Shuriken Storm. Works fine, that's how I did it.
    Last edited by honung; 2017-04-06 at 11:08 AM.

Deleted
    Thanks.

If you don't have the cloak you Must shadowstep/strike to one of the outside Icicles. The issue is, it only works 66% of the time. You have that 33% chance to blinking into one and dying, so it's much more hassle really; although it means you lose single target damage which is very important in the last phase.

Also Tangled for that extra Nightblade slow is also vital, you can see how fast the little buggers move at the end anyway, and once they touch the shadow it's usually over.

If you do mess up at any stage, simply leave instance group. That way you get to keep your defiled rune and food buff between attempts.
    Congrats first of all for your (ugly) weapon skin! Personally I think that my low ilvl gear (892) won't enable me to kill the boss... Oh well I'll do it in sin/Outlaw later

Quote Originally Posted by Vinda View Post
    Congrats first of all for your (ugly) weapon skin! Personally I think that my low ilvl gear (892) won't enable me to kill the boss... Oh well I'll do it in sin/Outlaw later
    I've not seen the Outlaw one at all yet, but all the Assa rogues in my guild managed to get their new Shadow dagger in under 10 tries.

They get the dagger that's meant for Subtlety sadly, a dagger made of shadow

Deleted
    I've not seen the Outlaw one at all yet, but all the Assa rogues in my guild managed to get their new Shadow dagger in under 10 tries.

Agreed, Ghostblade is clearly subtlety themed (and named). Aswell as sub hidden Venombite should be assa weapon in my opinion considering theme.

Btw, you can just Shadow Dance + Shuriken Storm spam your way out of Icicles (remember to pool energy before that). At least it worked like a charm for me without cloak and I even didn't have weapon master but master of subtlety. I have 907 gear, so under ~900 ilvl may have hard time doing that without cloak tho.

Deleted
    Just retuned to new patch and I do less dmg, I used to go mastery/vers but now i output only 500k dmg. I used to do 600k.

Deleted

Yeah I've heard it wasn't too hard. Also I agree that there's some kind of confusion with the venombite skin and this shadowy skin, I'm not super happy with the weapon's lore in general, I think they could have done something waaaaaay cooler than this but it's a bit late now isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Jarush View Post
    Agreed, Ghostblade is clearly subtlety themed (and named). Aswell as sub hidden Venombite should be assa weapon in my opinion considering theme.
    Yeah I've heard it wasn't too hard. Also I agree that there's some kind of confusion with the venombite skin and this shadowy skin, I'm not super happy with the weapon's lore in general, I think they could have done something waaaaaay cooler than this but it's a bit late now isn't it?
    Yes, I'm still not a fan of our Artifact lore, or appearances really. Demon dog teeth with handles. Amazing! I doubt they'll do a darn with for us, but hopefully after Tomb of Sargeras we get some better skins for it. Until then I'll be wearing them so I can unlock all the colour variations as well.

They're so average that no one has even noticed them really, and you'd think with how rare Sub rogues are that, that alone would draw the eye a bit. :P

Deleted
    Yes, I'm still not a fan of our Artifact lore, or appearances really. Demon dog teeth with handles. Amazing! I doubt they'll do a darn with for us, but hopefully after Tomb of Sargeras we get some better skins for it. Until then I'll be wearing them so I can unlock all the colour variations as well.

They're so average that no one has even noticed them really, and you'd think with how rare Sub rogues are that, that alone would draw the eye a bit. :P

Yeah, I can't even remember how we got them in the first place, very much not memorable weapons...

Btw no more news about 7.2.5 changes on rogues?

Yeah, I can't even remember how we got them in the first place, very much not memorable weapons...

Btw no more news about 7.2.5 changes on rogues?
    We got them from Sargeras' personal Assassin, some useless Eredar called Akaari; and they were the fangs of Sargeras' personal doggo; which got killed. So they took his teeth and added on some handles. Job's done.

No word on the changes at all, especially in regards to Subtlety sadly.

button bloat
    are you fucking serious??

Quote Originally Posted by lolpve View Post
    are you fucking serious??
    Yes. There's no reason to have two shadowsteps, with one only doing the same damage as a single Ambush.
    Just remove it, and then have two charges on Shadowstep, instead of Ambush, Shadowstrike, and Shadowstep. Especially since Ambush is just Shadowstrike without the blind included according to the bluepost; and their plan is to make Shadowstrike 25yrds again, but with a 30 second cooldown.

I also like the idea of two Shadow Step Charges, but scrap Ambush and leave Shadow Strike with no teleport attribute (for the animation's sake, I like it!).
    By wanting to give the rogue more burst during shadow dances is also a nice welcome. Right now, since with bracers and CoF we are constantly using Shadow Strike with next to no Backstab, it results in zero burst potential which is kinda sad and trivialises the rotation as well. They should just buff Backstab and Shadow Strike, but have us use Shadow Dance less (as they already mentioned, minus the Backstab part).
    I'd be happy with that. It keeps the general playstyle but adresses some current problems with it.
    Last edited by Raidenwrath; 2017-04-08 at 10:50 PM.

Deleted
    I hope they won't remove the teleport from shadowstrike, that'd suck pretty bad for PvP