Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    the key to this fight seems to be one def legendary, mainly prydaz

surviving phase 1 without any def legendaries is really really hard.

note: almost all successful kills is with prydaz

7+ Year Old Account
    For those of you that are having trouble doing this without prydaz/achor/moarg and also hate the talent switching for some reason, hopefully this will help you out a bit.

Last edited by Laronda; 2017-04-05 at 11:34 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    There's nothing left to do but take our own lives.
    DH / Shaman / Warrior / Druid / Mage / Rogue / Warlock

Quote Originally Posted by Laronda View Post
    For those of you that are having trouble doing this without prydaz/achor/moarg and also hate the talent switching for some reason, hopefully this will help you out a bit.

Very clever trick with the ice crystals! What can I do to be more like you <3

Quote Originally Posted by Zevade View Post
    Just got the new Vengeance skin from the Mage Tower about 1 hour ago. Probably the most difficult thing I have ever tried. If you have any questions feel free to ask. I played 1222311 and used Prydaz and Sephuz (they were the best ones I had available).

(I can't link images so try to copy and paste into imgur and remove the spaces.)

i.imgur.com / SOqcP2z.jpg
    What ilvl were you?

Everyone in guild was telling me that this wasn't even doable at my iLvl (895) yet so not to waste the shards, but now I see on here that we have an 891 & 897 that did it and I want to try. Does anyone know when the Mage tower will be going down? I am hoping to get some tries in tonight after work, but it is also raid night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomservo View Post
    Show me on the doll where the bad shield touched you
    RIP Warrior Gladiator Build

Quote Originally Posted by Vultana View Post
    Everyone in guild was telling me that this wasn't even doable at my iLvl (895) yet so not to waste the shards, but now I see on here that we have an 891 & 897 that did it and I want to try. Does anyone know when the Mage tower will be going down? I am hoping to get some tries in tonight after work, but it is also raid night.
    Stays up for 3 days.
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

Just got mine! ilvl 906 + 42 trait. I went 3311223 (chaos cleave over 1st blood because boss is on pvp template and hits like a noodle), with Prydaz and Achor + Bracers.

Some of my tips, which I think made the boss quite easier:

Don't use 1st blood and nemesis on phase 1! Boss is on pvp template and blade dance is reduced in pvp combat, hence why I went chaos cleave. Nemesis is only for 15sec in pvp.

At start - prepot and use drums! During fight you can use another potion, i used prolonged myself.

Ice Phase:
    Rotate interrupts (torrent, kick, fel eruption, imprison (wait till imprison fades so you have other cooldowns)), when in ice > chaos nova, double jump, and fel rush out (you heal with orbs and you get eyebeam reset which you can immediately use)

Arcane Phase:

Keep interrupting. If you place imprison and he ports away, he will stay under CC. If you use netherwalk he usually runs towards center to you just after he teleports. Try to run to the middle everytime you kick him, sometimes he follows you a bit. If you feel he will transition into dark phase soon try to position as close to the middle as possible.

Dark Phase:
    Thanks to positioning from arcane phase, i managed to get to him only with 2 fel rushes everytime. When dark phase starts, dont panic. You can run for a second without a slow, then jump > felrush > fall for 0.5s > felrush into him. You will be surprised, how much more space you will cover if you space out your felrushes. Keep in mind you can always use Meta to jump on him or you can use netherwalk and buy some time before you get that fel rush charge.

Final boss dps check:
    I equipped Bracers and kept prydaz. I reseted talents with tome and went 3333313 (I kept demonic because I couldn't use Achor without breaking my 4 set). USE DRUMS AND PREPOT! Pull him towards the edge asap and kite. At 3 sec with debuff (dont interrupt him!) jump back and kill adds asap (nova, foti, trow glaive, eyebeam). You can use nemesis on add as he will buff dmg against boss as well. You can use 1 eyebeam on boss (for demonic) and you will have another one for adds. Always keep 1 charge of trhow glaive.

Good luck guys! Again, use food, augmented runes, everything you can. I myself farmed 42th trait today to push the rest oh his hp. Hope this helps!

If only the Comet Storm wasn't bugged as hell.

tbh by far the biggest problem for me is the darkness phase. No problem with everything else, but this is just so... frustrating.

I know its three days, but does that mean midnight tonight server time? Tomorrow when the daily quests reset? I didn't know if anyone had experience on how it worked for PTR- Yes, I know the challenges weren't on the PTR, but I thought I read that the construction and buffs were, so someone would have an idea.

My biggest tip for the darkness phase (was also the biggest issue for me):

Learn when the phases are about to happen and start running to the middle of the Iris before it starts (if you can't move the boss to the middle).

Also, don't jump right away!! You have a solid 2-3 seconds of running before you actually have to jump. This is CRUCIAL and gives you JUST enough to get there by double dash jumping.

Start running in the right direction, then double jump dash glide over. I've never had a lot of success trying to make it using the bubbles, unless the one you get into is very close to the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Gylen View Post
    My biggest tip for the darkness phase (was also the biggest issue for me):

Learn when the phases are about to happen and start running to the middle of the Iris before it starts (if you can't move the boss to the middle).

Also, don't jump right away!! You have a solid 2-3 seconds of running before you actually have to jump. This is CRUCIAL and gives you JUST enough to get there by double dash jumping.

Start running in the right direction, then double jump dash glide over. I've never had a lot of success trying to make it using the bubbles, unless the one you get into is very close to the boss.
    the bubbles are bugged.

I can be full life on one. dash at the right time to not get the cast onto the next. I die instantly to the dot. I thought the bubble shielded you?

Quote Originally Posted by Vultana View Post
    I know its three days, but does that mean midnight tonight server time? Tomorrow when the daily quests reset? I didn't know if anyone had experience on how it worked for PTR- Yes, I know the challenges weren't on the PTR, but I thought I read that the construction and buffs were, so someone would have an idea.
    3 days from when it opens. In the companion app it has a countdown if it's within 8 hours (you click the purple flag then it shows timer, where you can usually donate).

I'd be happy just to get it to phase 2 at this point. Seems like a mixture of darkness phases and the super distant teleports are just overwhelming my sustain

Quote Originally Posted by pay928 View Post
    3 days from when it opens. In the companion app it has a countdown if it's within 8 hours (you click the purple flag then it shows timer, where you can usually donate).
    Thank you, I will check the companion app after work.

Did it without any def legendary quiped both phases , P1 cinidaria and KJBW with demonic spec , P2 cinidaria + wrists standrad felblade with bloodiet , 904 ilvl

Made it boys!

No defensive legendaries in P1. Achor + Mo'arg in the 2nd. 902-903 iLvl

Last edited by Shirofune; 2017-04-05 at 05:27 PM.

Deleted
    Congratz!

I noticed that i am now getting shards when I chaos strike him during shadow barrage phase so at least that got fixed because I never had it before today.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    I can be full life on one. dash at the right time to not get the cast onto the next. I die instantly to the dot. I thought the bubble shielded you?
    Only if the mob inside is dead.