Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    The last boss:
    Personally I switched from prydaz on the last boss because it fucked me over twice. Probably can work around it but it just turned out to be an unnecessary hustle for me so I dropped it. You don't need to worry about the npc's too much so just concentrate on managing your hp. What turned out to be quite important is dmg. So I do recommend waiting on your second drums. I usually had 4 mins debuff when I got to the top so I only had to wait a minute or two to have it on the bossfight. Probably I was way too occupied with the boss' jump and Ignite Soul so I ended up doing not enough I guess because even with drums and pot the whole room was used up by the time he got to around 5%, and died. The npc's finished it barely.
    I used prydaz (switch to tearstone for the last boss basically just for the stats and because I dont have anything better but you dont really need any healing boost anyway) and aman thul which I think had really good synergy with abundance. ToL just makes the harder healing parts easier even though some people still used cultivation, so it isn't mandatory if you don't want to. I also went with moment of clarity. I'm not sure what use flourish has if you run with shoulders and abundance (you have extended hots anyway and no CW?) but I could be wrong here.

So my best advice is:
    Pot every chance you get and put in as much dmg as you can, especially the last boss.
    The healing aspect of it is pretty much just blowing cds in stage 1 on the last wave and stage 5. TQ/ToL/EoG these and its fine.
    Interrupt with typhoon. I usually used it on enraged mages because if granny gets an arcane blast and a deadeye shot she's done. At the Mage-Warrior-Warrior wave you can triple interrupt an enraged mage and two knife dances. Definitely go with typhoon in my opinion.
    Be careful with dotting the eyes, you have time to just kill them one by one and be safe.

Do the mobs in stage 5 show up on your party frames? I use clique and mouse-over for all my healing so healing stuff that doesn't show up on my party frames (ie immerseus blobs) is super annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocksteadee View Post
    Do the mobs in stage 5 show up on your party frames? I use clique and mouse-over for all my healing so healing stuff that doesn't show up on my party frames (ie immerseus blobs) is super annoying.
    No, they do not show up in your party frame. I use clique and mouse-over healing as well, and I had to setup keybinds for a few of my heals. I also turned on friendly name plates to help with targeting and seeing how much health each one had.

Quote Originally Posted by Naethas View Post
    I seem to be stuck on the final wave of stage 1

Can you guys share some tips how you managed to get pass it? I try to save my CDs for the fourth wave when the two warriors to their knife dance (WG+Essence) and Tranq at the beginning of the final wave. However someone always seems to die at that point and I am not sure what to do.

900 equipped btw, using abundance, typhoon, and the rest are the standard talents.

Also how important do you think is the tier bonus for the first wave? I opt out of using 4p in order to get to 900 equipped. Using shoulders+elune's as well. Any tips are welcome, really want to get past the first stage at least.
    Mage + Double War Wave: Have Eff down and rejuvs on entire party. During double knife dance, WG and use G'hanir/Flourish. When Knife dance ends both warriors will target you. Either have vortex down or get into bearform and frenzies regen (you should be guardian spec). At this point you need to Bash the mage.

Bash >>> Typhoon in my opinion. Bash makes killing mages a lot more consistent and they should never be able to burst someone down. However you can use Typhoon to interrupt both mage/knife dance to reduce more dmg, but in practice I found that the mage was able to get buffed quicker again and potential kill someone.

Mage + War + Hunter: Similar to wave before but you won't have G'hanir. Get rejuvs / eff down. During Knife Dance / Mana Sting pop Tranq and Ironbark your tank NPC. Bash the mage around 50-60%. Go bear form if warrior on you and frenzied regen. Pop prolonged power during this wave.

If you have NPC dying outside of using this strat then you probably aren't pre-hotting enough. Before each tough wave starts I get double rejuvs going on the party. I was using the resto legendary shoulders so that helped.
    Last edited by Kluian05; 2017-04-05 at 02:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always get to the last group in stage 1 - then somebody dies randomly when i'm kiting. But was trying for about 1h and know have to learn for my exam on friday... magetower will be dispawned when I finally get the time to invest some effort in this crap.

Actually it seams quite hard at ilvl 898 but it seems doable... I assume that gear won't carry you all the way because the npc's do not scale with gear?!

basically just use every CD on that last wave of adds; the second-to-last wave (2x war+mage) should be pretty easy once you get used to it. I used bearform on that group, then prolonged power, ghanir and vortex (to heal while fixated) on the last group. You can even use drums if you want, since you can always wait for the debuff to come off before you do the final phase.

Just finished it with 896ish ilvl. It was very challenging, but I have to say it took me more attempts than i'd like to admit

I used prydaz and belt. Those are in my opinion probably the best legendaries. Belt especially since that final lifebloom tick is mini lay on hands.

For trinkets I used Urn and arcanocrystal(860). i switched to dps trinket during stages 2-4.

Stage 1:
    Talents:

15: Prosperity
    30: Displacer Beast
    45: Guardian affinity
    60: Mighty Bash
    75: Cultivation
    90: Germination
    100: Stonebark

Stage 1 was pretty straight forward. Make sure not to get hit by archers mana drain arrow, stun mage around 4-5 stacks so he doesnt oneshot your party, prehot everything before knife dance, go bear when fixated and use frenzy regen.

Wave 1 - 3 are easy. Stun mage at 4-5 stacks. position that arrow hits your teammates.
    Wave 4 is really hard if you dont rotate cds for every Knife Dance. For first i used hots on everyone, wild growth and artifact ability. Make sure to stun mage during that first blade dance if he gets to 4 stacks. After knife dance you get fixated most of time by both soldiers. If you dont kite or go bear you will die. I found that it is easier for me to just tank the fixate in bear form and use frenzy regen to heal (it heals A LOT). While in bear form you can help with dps on mage. For second knife dance i used tranquillity. third knife dance i used innervate and just spam heal. mage should be dead before second knife dance and after that its easy.
    Wave 5 is hardest in my opinion. I used drums and went ham with heals. make sure to dodge hunter mana arrow or you will probably wipe since mana is an issue at that time. your arti ability should be up at that point so use it. also make sure to stun mage. you might wanna save ironbark for hunter when he gets hit by mana arrow.

after that take your time and drink up.

Stage 2
    I equipped dps trinket at this point since there is not much healing going on next few stages.

Extremely easy. kill eye one at a time or you will die. i usually went bear form before each eye died for increased hp.

After that comes fel dominator with 4 bats. dot them with sunfire and go bear form and spam moonfire and thrash. They do a lot of dmg if you dont go bear. remember to use frenzy regen.

In next room there will be fel orbs floating around. DO NOT GET HIT. they do lots of dmg and if you die at that point you will feel like an idiot (trust me). just dot them and they die instantly.

After you open door you will find 4 mobs to heal. 1 will be running around feared. you need to dispell him asap. When you dispell him, put down mushroom and hot everything and pop artifact ability. you should heal them up fast. you need to kill archer to open next door. Archer is same as one from stage 1. You can use NPCs to soak mana arrow or you can typhoon/mighty bash to interrupt it. The fastest way is to use Potion of deadly grace and just nuke him. With potion he dies in 15 seconds.

Open door and run to next room. Again avoid getting hit by orbs.
    In next room focus Dread corruptor first. If your potion is on cd from archer use it in combat when it comes off cd. After he is dead kill eye one at a time. If you have Potion of deadly grace still active dont dot everything since it is likely more eyes get killed with pot proc at same time and you die.

After this you can take a break and drink up.

I waited until my bl debuff ran out since i had problems in next stage.

Stage 4:
    Roleplay stuff

Stage 5:
    Most important thing is to let one ghost through. If you do not do that boss will aggro instantly, not allowing you to drink or change gear/talents.

For this stage i used Spring blossom instead of germination. I found that it took me way too long to hot all 3 mobs with double hots and heal them to full hp before they reach boss. I used horn of valor for burst healing.

First wave: pop bl, potion, put efflo in middle, and wild growth on yourself when ghosts come to line of sight. Use artifact ability and top them off with regrowth if needed. You want to heal all 3 if possible.
    Second wave: i used innervate and horn of valor and just spam heal with wildgrowth and efflo in middle.
    Third wave: wild growth and tranquility.

Stage 4 was by far the hardest stage for me because of the amount of burst healing you need to do. Do not forget to heal your party as well because if they die it is over. also when you use drums your party also gets bloodlust so they hit each other harder. just something to keep in mind.

Final stage:

Switched talents back to germination and trinkets to urn and arcanocrystal.

straight forward fight. boss will occasionaly jump on you dealing huge dmg and leave a pool on a ground. you need to move asap out of it or you will die very quickly. after a few tries you will be able to anticipate when will boss jump so it is good idea to go bear form and use ironbark. make sure to place pools very close to each other since you will run out of room.

make sure to keep your team on 100% all the time and top them off as soon as you can. boss will periodically put debuff on you which explodes for your current hp dealing dmg to rest of your party. do not bother to get yourself low for your team to take less dmg. chances are boss will randomly decide to jump on you when you are at 30% hp and just one shot you. just keep yourself above 80% hp.

make sure to bl even if you have debuff. your party members will get buff and the fight will go faster. Also you can use potion of deadly grace and just dot boss. you will do a lot of dmg to him.

I am at 902 ilvl and thinking of giving it a shot when it comes back up. I know this is obviously in the doable range, but wondering how hard to expect it. Also wondering what legendary I should use. Definitely using my edraith. Options for 2nd are tearstone, ekowraith, x'oni's and sephuz.

Also trying to decide between an 895 cake with a socket and an 885 ethereal urn.
    Last edited by Doogler; 2017-04-13 at 05:40 PM.

as far as i know cake doesnt work on NPC's. Also if you use mighty bash in first stage you might wanna use sephuz, since you will be using bash on cd basically.

While I haven't finished the challenge, I really want to thank for the tip using Ursol's Vortex on the archers. It makes live so much easier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did it 893. Balance legendary helm (dreamcatcher) and sephuz. Trinkets were a 860 haste stat stick and 845 flask of solemn night. The trinkets probably push my ilvl down a lot so I still had a good amount of hp. Fairy low quality video if anyone wants. Starts at the end of stage 1 though due to my shadowplay being set to 15 minutes and the encounter being long as fuck. Made a few big mistakes. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjQv5BWPKJ4

haha fuck this, i think im gonna wait for the nerf-patch