Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Except none of that is an actual reason for it to be considered "art".

There is no deeper meaning behind it that anyone can interpret. Art should be about delivering a message, not "Take it as you will", because that shows a lack of idea behind the artwork itself, unless the artist purposely mixes in multiple messages.
    That's kind of a narrow view imo. Lots of art has very shallow or no meaning and is just appreciated for the aesthetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    Wollen wir ein Fischbrötchen essen gehen? :^)
    Klar, wieso nicht?
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

Art is art. There is no high, middle, or low art - just art. There is no precise meaning as to the term art, and art is also entirely subjective.

Then there is clever marketing. This is how an otherwise seemingly unworthy object is transformed into a consumer good worth a significant sum.

And it doesn't take 15 minutes to examine these ideas either.

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    That's kind of a narrow view imo. Lots of art has very shallow or no meaning and is just appreciated for the aesthetics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Just because you can't derive a message from a certain artwork doesn't mean anyone else can't. It's subjective.
    I'm just telling you exactly what is told now, especially if you're taking advanced college art classes.

Since photography can recreate a scene perfectly (and is also considered an art field), paintings have become more about the abstract and having deeper meaning.

Hence, if your standard person observing the art cannot take away some form of deeper meaning, it's considered a failure.

Yeah, you can go with some avant-garde style if you want, but that doesn't mean it's going to be accepted. Although avant-garde nowadays would be things like painting self portraits again I suppose.

I love modern art

Deleted
    One can't expect intelligent argumentation from a narrow minded, conspiracy theorist individual.

Deleted
    In german history, a guy called modern art "entartet". He killed himself in 1945.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    You are nowhere near as intelligent as you've deluded yourself into believing.

That's not a retort, flame, or anything remotely approaching a witty rebuke, but a fact.
    Wrong. I stated a fact and you answered with an ad hominem. Obviously you are struggling to provide any constructivity or value whatsoever so remove yourself quietly from this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by fluffhead View Post
    I love modern art
    This is one of the worst abominations i've seen. (And I played Sh 1-4). I don't dare to watch this video.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ipaq View Post
    There is no art but content created by ppl. Some like it, some dont like it. Like you thinking that rap is actual music. Or KimK is actually relevant =D.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Art is expression, nothing else. If you don't like a piece of art you don't like whatever that artist had to say - and that's perfectly fine regardless of what anyone tells you.
    If everything can be classified as art, nothing will be art. Art should advance humanity in some way by craftmanship and creativity.

Yes, some "abstract art" or whatever you call it is complete bullshit. Suggesting that this sort of art could ever work to advance any sort of political agenda is an even greater pile of bullshit.

Example:

"This half burned pile of books represents the ignorance of the alt-right in America and how they only pay attention to the parts which advance their cause."

OK... no one gives a fuck. It's just a fucking pile of half burned books.
    Last edited by Docturphil; 2017-04-05 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    PJW is an idiot, and here's a video to help demonstrate that (not a response to this latest video but PJW can't seem to come up with new topics to moan about).
    Love how you try to refute one shitty, obnoxious youtuber with ANOTHER shitty, obnoxious youtuber, well played.

Wait, was that commentary in itself, was that modern art?
    Last edited by IIamaKing; 2017-04-05 at 06:40 PM.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Well - I don't have the resources required to do any art, but that's my point - I'm just that bad at it that if it was something I could do then my view is that it isn't art.

I've seen a few movies that I could have done, seen lots of modern art I could have done..... so they fall into my 'not art' box.
    I just put a recycling bin provided by my city filled with discarded paper products outside for them to take and for me to buy again. That's modern art.
    Last edited by belfpala; 2017-04-05 at 06:56 PM.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Deleted
    Satire is the art to show dumb people they are dumb without telling them they are dumb.

For those people, i link this image. And just think about the idea if you really want to sit in the same boat as like fascists when you want to discredit art as crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    Is this for sale?
    It's already viral. I missed the boat.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Love how you try to refute one shitty, obnoxious youtuber with ANOTHER shitty, obnoxious youtuber, well played.
    that's a nice opinion u got thur.

that's a nice opinion u got thur.
    As nice and valid as yours.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Code:
    ._______.
    |-/-------|
    |-/-------|
    |------//-|
    |------//-|
    |----///--|
    |---///---|
    |////-----|
    |////-----|
    |////-----|
    '////----'
    Better now!

- - - Updated - - -

Meanwhile, you probably wish you had a forum in which to give a commentary on blah blah blah but you don't use the forums you have because you're too afraid. That's why modern art. If I spread poop on a product label and frame it, I probably said more in one destructive action than you've said in your life.
    The fact that you genuinely think this is just pathetic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

Quote Originally Posted by Herradura View Post
    The fact that you genuinely think this is just pathetic.
    The fact that I've never spread poop on anything, nor had a desire to, is one of my arts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    Satire is the art to show dumb people they are dumb without telling them they are dumb.

For those people, i link this image. And just think about the idea if you really want to sit in the same boat as like fascists when you want to discredit art as crap.

/snip image
    My Germanic is rusty. Does that say "Swing is forbidden"?

In any case, I'd place that sign prominently in a dance club. Modern Art wins again.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    As nice and valid as yours.
    if you say so.

if you say so.
    I was mistaken actually, YOUR opinion is worth fuck all to me. Like mine is to you, presumably.