Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Yes, make them unobtainable like the challenge mode sets and weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    Didin't they already say they were going to remove access to them after the expansion? So you cant earn them anymore? Or is it in flux again?

I think they should be unobtainable, for the prestige. There is almost no feeling of achievement in this game anymore.
    speaking as someone with an oldschool pvp title... there's really not much prestige in having something that no one can obtain. It's cool for a minute and then you realize that they made it only for that toon that they then go and make near useless for whole expansions at a time making you jump to a more bearable character that doesn't have the prestige anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    Didin't they already say they were going to remove access to them after the expansion? So you cant earn them anymore? Or is it in flux again?

I think they should be unobtainable, for the prestige. There is almost no feeling of achievement in this game anymore.
    If you need them to remove content so you can feel like the items, mounts, etc. you earn are "prestigious" (despite one day disappearing entirely when the game inevitably shuts down) then you are a sad and pathetic individual.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    When and where did they say that? Last I heard, it was the complete opposite of what you've just stated...
    It was when the out cry about Balance of Power happened. You should probably pay more attention to it, since what you're implying was never said nor indicated.

I cannot for the life of me find which QA it was, but Ion most definitely said that their current plan was (paraphrasing

After Legion, all skins you have obtained will be added to the Wardrobe. For new alts/characters, people will still be able to obtain the artifact and their skins, but they will not be added to the wardrobe.

One of the major reasonings for doing this as he said was exactly the Druid forms. They are so incredibly unique, and they (rightfully so) believe that people will HATE to go back to just the standard old cat- and bear form after having spent such a long time in them in Legion.

Same goes for other weapons for other classes. There are hundreds of hours that go into getting all the skins just for a single class, so having that NOT usable after Legion does not make sense at all. But, for new people, not obtaining them also makes sense in line with WOD/MOP challenge mode skins.
    You were good, kid, real good. But as long as I'm around, you'll always be second best, see?
    ______________________________________________________________________________
    Oh, and no comment from Xe'ra about how the assault on the black temple was being led in part by the naaru. So was hatred corrupting A'dal's mind too, you pretentious windchime?
    - Volpethrope

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Have you considered alts? rerolls? future chars?
    Have you considered how long this expansion is going to be? Be proactive, don't be a bum. I have Mage tower completed on 3 classes, 2 of which I never played before Legion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    An alcoholic fighting his addiction is fighting a jihad.

Deleted
    Artifacts probably won't follow us into the next expansion, therefore be unobtainable. There was a talk before release where they said you would be able to keep the appearances for transmog and druids keep their forms etc. but you cant get the appearances without the weapon so no if no weapon = no more skins.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...gion-confirmed

I've convinced myself that in the lore we will use the weapons to defeat sargeras and in terms of story telling the weapons will no longer exist so they will not be with us next expan.
    Last edited by mmoc327e1ca57c; 2017-04-06 at 01:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Should Artifact Appearances become unobtainable after the expansion ends?

Let me clarify, the appearances are not removed, just can no longer be obtained in game anymore, thus if you got your secret artifact appearance, or your challenge dungeon artifact appearance, you can flaunt it and show it off after the expansion and wear it as a badge of accomplishment for the rest of your playing career.

Similar to challenge mode transmog from prior expansions.

I think they SHOULD become unobtainable, just like some titles and mounts. It gives it more prestige and entices players to get it done before the expansion ends.
    There is no showoff in WoW, nobody gives a shit about anybody but themselves when it comes to look, anyways we are all only numbers on a logs website.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    No absolutely not. Do they remove all the weapons in previous raids/expansions? No, because it's stupid.
    they have removed weapons from older expansions, corrupted ashbringer for example

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    And he replied to you. Why do you deserve prestigious content just because you choose to play more than one toon? You want it then get it while it's current. As I said I hope they make ALL appearances unobtainable after Legion.

If you are just going to insult the OP for replying to you and claim it's "arguing" then maybe you should not be in a public forum?
    Seriously are you the OPs lover? Everytime the OP behaves poorly you defend him.... This thread like all of his are bait threads... He asks a question/makes a statement and then dismisses everybody with opposing opinions, it's childish! As for the question I am undecided, I think perhaps they should become unobtainable 6 months into next expansion

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Seriously are you the OPs lover? Everytime the OP behaves poorly you defend him.... This thread like all of his are bait threads... He asks a question/makes a statement and then dismisses everybody with opposing opinions, it's childish! As for the question I am undecided, I think perhaps they should become unobtainable 6 months into next expansion
    No. I actually believe in some form of unobtainable things in video games. A lot of MMOs do it. WoW has been doing it since Vanilla. Also you are entitled to your opinion of someone and if their threads are what you say they are then why give them the satisfaction of posting in them?

Quote Originally Posted by Firebyrd View Post
    It's been confirmed that we can transmog. What they're deciding is whether people will be able to earn new skins to use in the transmog system after the expansion. We've had like four threads, including a 100 page one, on the forums in the past month with all the sources, including Ornyx posting that they haven't decided how they're handling things, but trying to make it sound like Balance of Power is prestigious (lol) and the equivalent of the cloak/ring (double lol).

It would be stupid to not have them, it's 864 skins that would be gone, 180 even if they "just" picked the 7.2 appearances and M+15 as "challenging" ones, it's an unprecedented removal and should not happen. I'm not going to go further into it though, because Jaylock is a total troll and not worth responding to, I just wanted to clear up some of the confusion other people in the thread are having.

Seriously, look for, "It's Just a Cosmetic Appearance..." parts 1-4 on General Discussion on the official forums. They've got all the info you need.
    Thanks for the update.

Maybe make the challenge appearances unobtainable and keep everything else as is.
    I think some special snowflake stuff is good for the game, but old rewards are also a really good way to keep me from getting too bored with daily quests/nothing/world quests.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Yes! A thousand times yes, they should become unobtainable.

Either remove them or bring back old legendaries/mogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Yes! A thousand times yes, they should become unobtainable.
    Why? I haven't seen a single justifiable reason for removing content of any kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    Why? I haven't seen a single justifiable reason for removing content of any kind.
    Because the people wanting them removed have tiny penises and need to compensate in order to feel any self-worth, however temporary.

Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    Not interested in a game where everyone can easily get everything. Same rewards for everyone is not very fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Already unobtainable. Mage tower's destroyed, along with the quest giver.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

If they make skins unobtainable than they have to come up with 4 new rewards in the Honor Prestige system retroactivley since its not going anywhere and gets build upon in future expansions i assume.

If skins were to be unobtainable then they have to add rewards for prestige 1/50 5/50 10/50 and 15/50.