Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Ya people are overreacting as usual. This is actually one of the easier affixes because it either does 0 or it near-wipes you. Its punishing, but the hardest part is actually targeting them. Once you get used to targeted them, they die in one global and that's that. Make sure your healer and tank is handling the heavy load. DPS will overkill them, but a healer and tank should do just enough damage to get them killed, resulting in no net dps loss that is sizeable AND keeps the utility roles focused on just that.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

The orbs scale with difficulty. The Fel Explosive orbs quickly become healthy enough that they are no longer one shot-able by tanks and healers and will require some dps help.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's nice how even CC doesn't work to help deal with the orbs.

Oh, so you sheeped one of the adds? Well, surprise! The orbs spawn right next to it too!
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

Deleted
    These anti mass pull affixes are really more anti-fun if anything. Its not because bolstering and stuff is hard, its because its freaking annoying, we didnt get more of it.

Pulls feels better when there are not some odd affix blocks. Mobs should kill you because they are inherently stronger on higher affixes, not because a lot of silly orbs spawn or because one little fucking crab can make a huge mob 20% stronger if it dies next to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eace View Post
    It's nice how even CC doesn't work to help deal with the orbs.

Oh, so you sheeped one of the adds? Well, surprise! The orbs spawn right next to it too!
    yeah i was in arkway.. we cc'T a mob to skip the group... an orb spawn next to him and GG we addet whole group

This affix is awesome. It might be insane and sometimes bullshit, but that's just part of the fun.

Like pretty much everything else in 7.2 this affix wasn't properly tested at all....for example BRH gauntlet bats all spawn orbs. 10 orbs chain spawning over and over, yep totally doable. Had to run through and battle rez in the boss room.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Bolstering atleast stops you from chainpulling :s.
    This. I can only think of 2 pulls in all of the dungeons combined that will be changed by Explosive. Bolstering on the other hand changes the way we pull the majority of dungeons, since we primarily pull big/chain pull.

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

Quite tough in an add heavy boss battle. Eye of Azsara first boss became far harder then the rest of them with many bombs. Second could be very hard but group was good at cursing breath the slimes away fast. Its definitely an affix that can never be ignored.

If this is 'hard' people are either playing without nameplates or are playing with dps who are to stupid to stop what they're doign and swap instantly. As bear there easily dealt with. Even my group running spriest/lock/boomy so no melee, and no big instant hits had 0 effort above 10. There meant to stop you pulling huge packs and and aoeing it down, and its meant to slow down runs.

I do however agree taht shit like brh bats and vault imps shouldnt trigger it

tl:dr everyone bar healer SWAPS TO THEM USING NAMEPLATES OR TAB. its not hard

10+ Year Old Account
    Needing to slow down is a little annoying but ok. As a tank the most frustrating part is watching an orb i can't take down usually due to some boss mechanic or range and watching as the dps tunnel mobs and completely ignore it. Your faith in pugs dies as you watch it tick down.

I love M+ and affixes in general. Unfortunately this is one where i will do my +10 with guild then ignore pug M+ runs for the week. Its frustrating because its not really blizzard fault, outside of a few rough edges its fine, rather the problem is the player base that wants gogo runs where they ignore all mechanics then blame everyone else when it falls to shit. It all too often becomes a healer check and this is one affix healers cannot cover.
    Last edited by Psidum; 2017-04-06 at 05:10 AM.

Funny thing is even if aoe doesn't hit these orbs fire mage ignite does spread to them. I played fire in a BRH +8 yesterday and did almost 4 million dmg to the orbs without even targeting one in the whole instance. Fix incoming i guess.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Ya people are overreacting as usual. This is actually one of the easier affixes because it either does 0 or it near-wipes you. Its punishing, but the hardest part is actually targeting them. Once you get used to targeted them, they die in one global and that's that. Make sure your healer and tank is handling the heavy load. DPS will overkill them, but a healer and tank should do just enough damage to get them killed, resulting in no net dps loss that is sizeable AND keeps the utility roles focused on just that.
    Ok,so how to avtually target them? Manually with mouse or tabtarget?
    Tabtargert looks slow, esp. with so many mobs with teeming. Also, nameplates are overlapping, so mouse target is very hard.

I'm probably going to skip Explosive weeks in the future. Playing Destruction warlock with these orbs is not enjoyable; they are immune to Incinerate (our primary filler) because it can be turned into an AOE cleave with Fire and Brimstone.
    Back when dot snapshotting was a thing, I wrote this piece of junk.

Can't arcane barrage them either. They're very annoying to deal with as arcane mage

a big part of the reason people find it so annoying is just that (for some reason) blizzard set teeming and explosive on the same week. Explosive is NBD when the pull is 3-4 mobs, but when you're tanking six or more and they can all spawn orbs at the same time it gets a little silly, especially if there are things to interrupt/stun at the same time. A couple of the pulls in HoV are really /barf.

We did a few 12-14s with people in our raid and vault of wardens was pretty easy, HoV was pretty simple after the first few trash packs (though they were a giant pain in the dick), and EoA was easy except that serpentrix can apparently spawn orbs anywhere in his gigantic fight area.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm also super not looking forward to doing keys on my warlock this week (guess maybe I'll play destro instead of aff?)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naiyano View Post
    Funny thing is even if aoe doesn't hit these orbs fire mage ignite does spread to them. I played fire in a BRH +8 yesterday and did almost 4 million dmg to the orbs without even targeting one in the whole instance. Fix incoming i guess.
    i just want to remind you that its cool that scorch works, but 4m damage on the orbs is like nothing, did a 1chest EoA +15 yday and our players did 32m, 29m, 24m, 10m and 1m. We had like 2 explode and i think this is my new "fuck this" affix. Just feels so hectic and really like someone mentioned in the thread, feels like your ship as holes and youre trying to fix them, but as you keep fixing one, two new ones appear.
    Its doable but id prefer bolstering any time over this.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    It's an utterly broken affix. For it to stay as is there needs to be some sort of reduced proc rate on larger pulls, currently anything more than 6 or so mobs is just an inevitable wipe and just painfully slow because every DPS (and the healer and tank) is having to hard swap to a target with 250k HP. The pack before the hallway in HoV with Teeming wiped our group (8/10M raiders) 4 times until we just used Heroism on it.

Considering we already have 2 affixes designed at stopping large pulls (Bolstering and Necrotic) I don't see why we need a third. I personally think it'd be much better off if they had significantly more HP and were damaged by cleave as normal mobs are.

VotW last boss the walls summon orbs everywhere. I don't think it'd be doable without a class such as Moonkin who can just 1shot them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBSb...ature=youtu.be
    Pugged a +12 HoV last night and it was fine, turn hp bars on for minor/minions and just have a ranged switch to them. It's honestly not that bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

Quote Originally Posted by kozina View Post
    i just want to remind you that its cool that scorch works, but 4m damage on the orbs is like nothing, did a 1chest EoA +15 yday and our players did 32m, 29m, 24m, 10m and 1m. We had like 2 explode and i think this is my new "fuck this" affix. Just feels so hectic and really like someone mentioned in the thread, feels like your ship as holes and youre trying to fix them, but as you keep fixing one, two new ones appear.
    Its doable but id prefer bolstering any time over this.
    I did only a few m+ yesterday and not very high ones. Mostly 8s and yes 4 million is low, but our top dps on orbs in this dungeon also did only 8-9 million dmg on orbs. I guess the hp of the orbs scale with the keystone level or ofc we just annhilated the trash packs? We were perfectly able to just let our meele and tank handle the orbs and both ranged just nuked the trash packs. Not one orb did explode. I agree on your opinion that this affix is just annoying. I will do one dungeon on 10 or above and thats it. Farewell m+ for this week.

I'm pretty sure you guys are just bad at the affix. I've had absolutely no issues at all clearing through very large pulls.