Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearilla View Post
    This guy I took a break for about 6 months to comeback, check the forums and see this guy still whining about melee classes. I think the last time it was FDK..... now Fury. Seems like there is a small army of these whiners.

Fury isn't broken just like FDK wasn't broken. Melee NEED high dmg so when they get out of roots, snares and stuns they can get on target and kill something. That is just how it is. If you want melee to do less dmg then ranged should not have as much mobility or utility.
    If something kills you before you can really do anything, it is kinda broken.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Maybe try moving and staying away from the sharp, spiky thing.

Just like a caster being rewarded by being able to free cast, if you stand still for a melee you should die. Melee has to be able to deal dmg too AND we have to be able to close the gap BECAUSE ranged is doing dmg to us before and while we are making our way to them. Chances are when you ranged are dying you see a one class and start placing the blame. I bet if you look at the log you will see it is more than one source giving you the smack.

Only the community outcry would nerf fury by now. I don't see the nerf coming otherwise, but every spec needs to shine once, so why not Fury now. But something I dislike is Fury handling Two 2Handed weapons well, it is very retarded imo, it helps make the game retarded to me.
    Last edited by Aleax; 2017-04-09 at 10:48 PM. Reason: clarity

In vanila it was every dps class with good PVE/HW gear vs some1 with t1/dungeon mix

I pretty much agree with the OP entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    In vanila it was every dps class with good PVE/HW gear vs some1 with t1/dungeon mix
    Yes, I know. I was a epic geared rogue back then, one shotting mages. The game was even worse balanced back then.
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krassz View Post
    The most disgusting part is that they literally mash 2 buttons, too.
    So Furies gotta use...

Bloodthirst
    Raging Blow
    Furious Slash
    Rampage
    Whirlwind
    Odyns Fury
    Execute
    Battle Cry

... to dish out damage.

2 Buttons riiiiiighht..... Literally no fckn clue.
    Last edited by mmoc442be69514; 2017-04-06 at 07:47 AM.

I'm a long time on-the-side world PvPer and I don't see how you can say it's fun. The only people I'd imagine who find this fun are people who were previously unable to kill anyone but now everyone can one shot everyone regardless of how good they are. It's pathetic and disgusting. It's so bad that I could probably be globalled by a backpeddling clicking rogue.
    Sweet irony is, most people in any kind of pvp situation, backpeddle, if they see a rogue as if this gives players any advantage over them.

Some classes like rogues got no burst anymore in pvp instances, thats why i find it fun to play my rogue in wpvp, cause my burst exists there. Your imagination does not include all classes of the game, things are different for each class, better believe it. Its absolutely not the same expierence with other classes...you suck in wpvp? maybe you rock in arenas or bgs. My other classes like for example the shadowpriest does not give a shit about wpvp and enjoys only bgs, for alltoo obvious reasions.Classes simply do not fit in every pvp environment.

Like that example with dueling a sub rogue with a frost dk. Why do such a thing? (Legion)Frost dks are made for zergs and cleaves. with most of their selfheals pruned as well as cc breakers removed, what do you expect here? Besides the ultimate class to duel a rogue and still cleave in zergs is now our new hero class. DKs are a thing of the past times. Nobody cares they got pruned into oblivion, but in a way that it hurts the pvp expierence most along with out to date mechanics and too long cds(IBF) the warrior was modernized while the dk got old. simply as that, this all started allready back in s11 in cata.

Whats not fun are long ques for bgs/arenas and play handicap matches against warriors/demon hunters, if you are not part of those juggernauts that got a better pvp template than your own. So i lose crit and mastery and got haste and have my hp and agi greatly reduced? I wouldn't play the rogue if i had to play instanced pvp in legion. I could still either outplay or zerg one down at times but it feels like a handicap mission, because 2 chaos strikes simply do way more dmg as 5 cp eviscerate in friggin instances.

I'd say put more rewards(could be cosmetical) into wpvp, the place where you got your maximum character power, and add some base resilence + nerf stupid op trinkets like draught of souls. So people at least recognize a class ability when they try to read in their logs what killed them so instantly.
    Also, people are greedy to anything that resembles a toy or mount/pet. They start to do content no matter what.

I bet this new introduced world pvp will be everyones favorite in a few weeks and bgs/arenas will be a thing of the past. Like - they are allready for some time now? Who cared in WoD for it? Most people only played Ashran and a few arena games to cap out even when people complained a lot about it.

Besides how long should we watch arenas and bgs? Always the same of the same for many years now, same maps same tatics many people do not care anymore why not go old school and make wpvp great again? who needs so many instances and all that phasing crap? Like some guys simply avoid wpvp by phasing out instantly, whenever you try to attack them even in pvp zones on pvp servers.

The lack of creative pvp designers open to new ideas is really felt. And so far, i did not find anyone who liked the brawls either. Besides they do not change fundemental problems with legion pvp.

I prefere to finally play the game how i want it, and since that very day i started to have actually fun. Without true pvp gear with pvp stats and and set bonuses, there is no incentive to play it anymore in instances, where you get power rewards. This thing is dead/dead in friggin legion, even on once active pvp community servers ranking high in arenas and rbgs.

Now, that i reread all this wall of text, i am not surprised PvE is so much more prefered, there is actually new content there to be done and no great attempts to destroy the expierence in favor of a less fun template system, that feels like the old sovjet regime communism. However for me, it reanimated wpvp hat i hardly cared about in the previous expansions(exception the isles and gurubashi arena and so on) this is the ONLY positive thing, i got from legion pvp, it showed, instanced pvp is a thing of the past, getting old really quickly.I had so much fun in tbc as a rogue in bgs, and i hate it so much now. Arenas do work and i feel strong, but not in a bursty way anymore. I even had fun in wod due to super unique stuff like mount speed in stealth with BoS and preperation for any emergency situation. And apparantly a lot more buttons to push and macros to create.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, I know. I was a epic geared rogue back then, one shotting mages. The game was even worse balanced back then.
    Even in s1-s2 tbc arena seasons, rogues had still no dr or cd on their stunlocks. DRs came in s3 i believe and cds on stuns never in tbc. lol who needs a 20 sec cd on kidney? such a nonsense when you look at the spiky burst dmg plate wearers currently do and how fast you are getting immunities against stuns, because eveyone does it on demand. Even the shadow priest got a stun back! Should have stayed more exclusive to the rogue class to keep the flavor of classes intact.
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2017-04-06 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post

Even in s1-s2 tbc arena seasons, rogues had still no dr or cd on their stunlocks. DRs came in s3 i believe and cds on stuns never in tbc. lol who needs a 20 sec cd on kidney? such a nonsense when you look at the spiky burst dmg plate wearers currently do and how fast you are getting immunities against stuns, because eveyone does it on demand. Even the shadow priest got a stun back! Should have stayed more exclusive to the rogue class to keep the flavor of classes intact.
    Ah, the good times with mace-spec warriors with the crafted two hander. So many stuns!

Personally I had so much fun with mace-spec combat rogue, with 2xAR. Stuns for ages if you had the luck on your side. And still people say TBC was the best PvP experience, even though it was dominated by Warr/rDruid, and Rogues with Glaives (at the end).

OT:
    Just did the 10 Arena wins for the weekly event, Frost DK (me) and Fury Warr, pretty much everything died in our opener, was great! This was from 0 mmr to 1k mmr though.
    Last edited by Noxina; 2017-04-06 at 01:02 PM.

Worst balanced yes, but best wpvp in wow history also yes ), I was Full BF rogue Ar.Mace/prep spec, was 1v2 high end wars or t3 prot war good times...3.5sec gouge

- - - Updated - - -

Ah, the good times with mace-spec warriors with the crafted two hander. So many stuns!

Personally I had so much fun with mace-spec combat rogue, with 2xAR. Stuns for ages if you had the luck on your side. And still people say TBC was the best PvP experience, even though it was dominated by Warr/rDruid, and Rogues with Glaives (at the end).

OT:
    Just did the 10 Arena wins for the weekly event, Frost DK (me) and Fury Warr, pretty much everything died in our opener, was great! This was from 0 mmr to 1k mmr though.
    Don't forget disc priest\sl-sl lock, we farmed glad war.rdrood or rshammy team, mana burns ftw) I miss tbc arena

Deleted
    Its really not fun facing fury warrs atm, their damage mobility and survivability is just insane.

Wow always has at least 1 fotm class though thats too strong in pvp, im sure eventually fury will be nerfed and there will be another "op" class/spec

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio9 View Post
    So Furies gotta use...

Bloodthirst
    Raging Blow
    Furious Slash
    Rampage
    Whirlwind
    Odyns Fury
    Execute
    Battle Cry

... to dish out damage.

2 Buttons riiiiiighht..... Literally no fckn clue.
    It was hyperbole.

How much thought process is behind any of these abilities? Next to none.
    Last edited by Krusza; 2017-04-06 at 06:57 PM.

Worst balanced yes, but best wpvp in wow history also yes ), I was Full BF rogue Ar.Mace/prep spec, was 1v2 high end wars or t3 prot war good times...3.5sec gouge

- - - Updated - - -

Don't forget disc priest\sl-sl lock, we farmed glad war.rdrood or rshammy team, mana burns ftw) I miss tbc arena
    Haha yeah, there are a lot of good memories for sure from those times. But I always laugh when people say current pvp is less balanced than it was back then :P Also in Vanilla, gear was everything (except for some classes, like rogues and mages who could kite and endlessly CC)

They only time they were OP was the start of S12, they were just "strong" by the end of it. S13 they were trash, s14 and s15 they weren't close to OP.

In world PvP, a decently geared fury warrior can kill you in 4 globals.
    Ohhhh... yeah, in world pvp I totally fucking destroy people, but world pvp is retarded anyways.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    Its really not fun facing fury warrs atm, their damage mobility and survivability is just insane.

Wow always has at least 1 fotm class though thats too strong in pvp, im sure eventually fury will be nerfed and there will be another "op" class/spec
    If you're not a hard counter to x then you're going to have a bad time, that is all.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Warriors need a nerf.

- - - Updated - - -

TBC PvP was the best thing in wow. I started as lock and could fear anyone endlessly except ud rogues and warriors. But those healers that stacked resilence never could cast a single thing, if there are no pillars. You saw healers rubbing the walls in bgs like warsong, something you never see nowdays, out of the fear to get chain feared to certain death........ :P

Rogues still did good damage with just blue daggers, legs were not needed, they were immortal with a bugged cheat death so i saw a raid of 40 people smashing on my rogue and still could not land a kill. That thing lasted the whole expansion.

yeah well, mana burns and mana drain.......lock still had a mana drain, too. Also you had less mana on pvp gear. You could go oom even as a mage, especially if not frost and fooling around with fire to grill some nubs in random bgs.

Deleted
    I guess the word is out, random BG's and Arena's are now swamped with Fury Warrior re-rollers.

They really are one man armies now, arent they? Incredible (AoE-) damage, good defences, mobility and even strong self heals.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    I guess the word is out, random BG's and Arena's are now swamped with Fury Warrior re-rollers.

They really are one man armies now, arent they? Incredible (AoE-) damage, good defences, mobility and even strong self heals.
    If you take a look at the ladders, there aren't that many warriors.

Top 100 EU 3v3: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ga...aderboards/3v3 - 11 warriors. Sure, it's not few of them. Got a feeling it is kinda a learn to play issue, about how to handle them.

In World PvP though, just run the other way. And don't look back.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    I have said this multiple times: Why do people think that the value of the kill is how many buttons you mashed to achieve it? I always look at the end resul. Won/lost. The killing blow only comes from ONE button anyway.
    Because they are a bunch of babies. Have to whine about something then put others down who don't like to play ranged. Elitist turds! "If you don't press all of the buttons you should not WIN!!!!" It isn't enough that ranged are still top dmg in EVERY bg or some feel nearly impossible to stay on in arena.... They have to have it all or they are going to jump on this forum and put down a class they just got smacked by.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearilla View Post
    Because they are a bunch of babies. Have to whine about something then put others down who don't like to play ranged. Elitist turds! "If you don't press all of the buttons you should not WIN!!!!" It isn't enough that ranged are still top dmg in EVERY bg or some feel nearly impossible to stay on in arena.... They have to have it all or they are going to jump on this forum and put down a class they just got smacked by.
    Yes, the only reason people complain about classes is because they died to one.

JK

No. If you're not a dogshit player, you'll realize and admit even when your own spec is too overpowered.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    I have said this multiple times: Why do people think that the value of the kill is how many buttons you mashed to achieve it? I always look at the end resul. Won/lost. The killing blow only comes from ONE button anyway.
    Love how you used the phrase "how many buttons you mashed" because that's literally all fury warriors do. Zero thought process behind the spec.

"The killing blow only comes from one button" I don't get your point. It's like you tried to make a quirky statement that didn't really go anywhere.