Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post
    I 100% agree, I can't stand BoS spec. I've played Warrior since vanilla and swapped over to my DK at the end of MoP. Loved it. PvE and PvP but now... I can't stand it anymore.
    Cool you like warrior and swtiched to DK when it felt like warrior. Now that it doesnt feel like warrior you can go back to playing warrior. Stop trying to take fun stuff away from use just because you dont like it. Fury has exactly what you and OP want so just play that and let use have our thing.

Also if you are just now starting to hate BoS then you havent been playing DK since MoP. BoS has been in the game since WoD and was the go to choice for DK for all of HFC and in that world it was worse to play than it is now thanks to ring.

No I do not want Blizzard to remove BoS, people seem to like it though, so it should stay. But, do not cripple the older damage builds to do pure shit DPS now. MG should not be doing only half the damage as BoS. They should make it closer or at least within 25% of it.

Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post
    fast attack ninja was fury warriors thing. You stole it from us, go extinguish your fires.
    Hey juggs!
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Hey juggs!
    Hi Metro =)
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    No I do not want Blizzard to remove BoS, people seem to like it though, so it should stay. But, do not cripple the older damage builds to do pure shit DPS now. MG should not be doing only half the damage as BoS. They should make it closer or at least within 25% of it.
    Well if your not asking for it to be removed anymore, then stop asking for it to get nerfed. This is the type of ability that blizzard wants in the game. They want the passive abilities that newer players can use so they can learn the class and they want the active abilities that allow players to push more dmg out of their spec but at a cost if not done correctly. So, NO, I do not think that BoS should do the same amount of dmg as the other builds because the BoS is the active ability that takes time to master. If you are pushing mythic, then you are probably the type of player that wants the most out of their class and in blizzards eyes, the way to do that is to use the harder abilities that give a spec risk. MG does not do that, so their for it should not be the same amount of theoretical dmg as BoS. END OF STORY.

Not asking for MG to do the same damage as BoS, but being totally far off by more than half totally sucks. Yes I agree BoS being a more difficult build to master and play right should net you a lot more DPS, but not 125% more than the regular MG builds.

Basically right now MG does like 350k dps, and BoS does 900k. That's way too much of a spread IMO. I'd like to be more like MG does 500k dps minimum, and keep BoS at 900k maximum
    Last edited by Zorachus; 2017-04-06 at 07:48 PM.

Not asking for MG to do the same damage as BoS, but being totally far off by more than half totally sucks. Yes I agree BoS being a more difficult build to master and play tight should net you a lot more DPS, but not 100% more than the regular builds.
    I think the biggest problem is not how much dmg MG can do, but it is the fact that MG is 100% anti what frost dk has going for it, which is using runes to generate RP which is used on hard sitting abilities. Mg never wants to get better at generating runes and always wants to be rune starved, because of frozen pulse. If MG is ever to be good again. They need to scrap that talent and come up with something new. Ignoring a coll 3 min Cd like ERW is not fun. Replace frozen pulse with something else and then MG can move foward. Although I guess it wouldnt be called MG anymore if that talent didnt exist.

Deleted
    BoS feels counter intuitive, saving rescources rather than using them, i prefer unholy's rng to the feel of breath

obliteration should just be a passive to compete

Quote Originally Posted by valsharia View Post
    BoS feels counter intuitive, saving rescources rather than using them, i prefer unholy's rng to the feel of breath

obliteration should just be a passive to compete
    Frost DK has always been about building and spending RP. BoS is the extreme of that Idea. You get build and spend RP at the exact same time. How is that not the most frost DK felling ability?

Also obliteration being passive would be fucking cancer to play. Look at UH forums and just count the amount of people that complain about Necrosis and then reevaluate your statement. Also if you make is a passive, in no world would it be allowed to be competitive. If both are played correctly the active ability should always pull ahead, or thats what blizzard wants, which i think is a good move. Let players deside what is best for them based on their own skill. Im not arguing that MG needs to stay where it is. I am arguing against the idea that BoS should be nerfed to the level of MG because you personally dont like it.

Also the view point of this thread has changed like three times. It started off as a blanket remove of BoS and now its buff MG to be better, which are so different.
    Last edited by Poisongaz; 2017-04-06 at 08:02 PM.

I guess I am still missing my old school early days with WoW, I was big vanilla player, but a big time BC and 24/7 Wrath guy. And as soon As Cat dropped, I have not played nearly as much since.

The major reason, the way Blizzard RADICALLY changed the rotation system. No longer a straightforward rotation, one spell after another, but in Cat changed to this silly proc stuff, and hit whatever spell pops, and is always a different, not a straightforward rotation anymore. To me that killed the gameplay, and made it a totally different game to play.

I still fondly remember my good old Blood DK in Wrath, it had the best straightforward rotation, just like 5 or 6 spells, hit one after another, rinse and repeat, it was the best.

I guess I am still missing my old school early days with WoW, I was big vanilla player, but a big time BC and 24/7 Wrath guy. And as soon As Cat dropped, I have not played nearly as much since.

The major reason, the way Blizzard RADICALLY changed the rotation system. No longer a straightforward rotation, one spell after another, but in Cat changed to this silly proc stuff, and hit whatever spell pops, and is always a different, not a straightforward rotation anymore. To me that killed the gameplay, and made it a totally different game to play.

I still fondly remember my good old Blood DK in Wrath, it had the best straightforward rotation, just like 5 or 6 spells, hit one after another, rinse and repeat, it was the best.
    They changed because WoW combat at its core is super super boring. Straight forward rotations that never change in anyway is stupid and i personally think it was the right move to a more reactive type of system. It give more challenge to the game because you now have to think on the fly as to how best dps, where as before if you knew the rotation no thought was needed.

Seriously do people really want a never changing straight forward rotation? That would be so fucking boring while raiding. Like shoot me in the face boring when my team and I are 100 pulls into a mythic boss and I have done the exact same sequence of buttons 100 times straight. How is that fun?

Deleted
    i dont want bos to be nerfed, i want the rest of the options to be at least somewhat competative with it, glacial advance for example is a complete laughing stock when copared to bos

Main reason I liked the straightforward rotation, was that it felt comfortable and safe, especially in Raids, where you knew your rotation blindfolded, and could count it, and not screw up.

Yes in World Quests, and leveling up, that old rotation would be boring as F. But in Heroic Raids which are stressful already, and tons of shit going on with boss fights, I'd rather take safe comfort, over having reactive buttons flashing and popping up all over the place.

Back on topic;

- I do not want Blizzard to nerf BoS, or change it
    - I DO want Blizz to buff MG and GA builds to be more competitive and useful in Raiding, and not doing half the dps of BoS

New Breath of Sindragosa with Seal of Necrofantasia is the most fun I've ever had playing any dps class in this game. So to each his own I guess. The theme, forethought, and execution are everything I want from the class.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kenoathcarn View Post
    speak for yourself, while i dont care if they buff the other playstyle, asking for a nerf to BoS just so you can play MG is retarded.

I re-rolled dk purely for the BoS playstyle. I don't want the button mashing spec.

Actually, id rather it played more to long uptimes and worked even more like S2M.
    that could aslo work if over time say evry 5-10sec it took more and more rp per tick.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Poisongaz View Post
    I think the biggest problem is not how much dmg MG can do, but it is the fact that MG is 100% anti what frost dk has going for it, which is using runes to generate RP which is used on hard sitting abilities. Mg never wants to get better at generating runes and always wants to be rune starved, because of frozen pulse. If MG is ever to be good again. They need to scrap that talent and come up with something new. Ignoring a coll 3 min Cd like ERW is not fun. Replace frozen pulse with something else and then MG can move foward. Although I guess it wouldnt be called MG anymore if that talent didnt exist.
    for me mg feels more what frost should be like imo then bos , fast attacks, frozenstrikes and some frost magic.

- - - Updated - - -

Cool you like warrior and swtiched to DK when it felt like warrior. Now that it doesnt feel like warrior you can go back to playing warrior. Stop trying to take fun stuff away from use just because you dont like it. Fury has exactly what you and OP want so just play that and let use have our thing.

Also if you are just now starting to hate BoS then you havent been playing DK since MoP. BoS has been in the game since WoD and was the go to choice for DK for all of HFC and in that world it was worse to play than it is now thanks to ring.
    i did M hfc in wod and almost never used breath but necrotic plague and still did more the enough dmg (wish we got that back tbh )

Main reason I liked the straightforward rotation, was that it felt comfortable and safe, especially in Raids, where you knew your rotation blindfolded, and could count it, and not screw up.

Yes in World Quests, and leveling up, that old rotation would be boring as F. But in Heroic Raids which are stressful already, and tons of shit going on with boss fights, I'd rather take safe comfort, over having reactive buttons flashing and popping up all over the place.

Back on topic;

- I do not want Blizzard to nerf BoS, or change it
    - I DO want Blizz to buff MG and GA builds to be more competitive and useful in Raiding, and not doing half the dps of BoS
    Cool now that your off the remove/nerf BoS idea we can talk about the actual problem. The problem is frozen pulse. It playstyle forces you to play in a way that goes against one your major passives, runic empowerment, and also devalues the use of a 3 min cd, in empower rune weapon, to the point of non-existence. If you want to figure out how to make those builds better you need to look at the 57 tier of talents not the 100 tier. Neither Obliteration or Glacial Advance provide the main dmg to their respective builds. You take them in those builds because BoS doesnt play nice with the staple talent choices of those builds.

Tbh this thread i think has run its course, unless people actually want to come up with ideas about buffing other builds besides BoS. Until then I think this post is just spinning its wheels going know where.

What if you have zero legendaries ( I only have 1 Frost ) but let's say your only like i870- or so with no Legendaries, to me BoS is even more difficult to play then.

If you want a fast ninja spec maybe play a rogue? The stealth assassin class? BoS is very rewarding when you play it correctly and if you are dropping to 350k dps at any point as a FDK after rising to 800k you are doing something very wrong. Also 898 is not very well geared tbh, thats barely even heroic NH with 2 legendaries. If you can only manage 350k as BoS then going back to MG spec will give you way more DPS, and GS builds with Oblit or even GA are going to still be very strong in M+, You wont come close to top tier players as MG but you will be doing more than you are doing now. From what you have described you are playing BoS very very very wrong and don't understand how it works mechanically.

Frost DK has always been about building and spending RP. BoS is the extreme of that Idea. You get build and spend RP at the exact same time. How is that not the most frost DK felling ability?

Also obliteration being passive would be fucking cancer to play. Look at UH forums and just count the amount of people that complain about Necrosis and then reevaluate your statement. Also if you make is a passive, in no world would it be allowed to be competitive. If both are played correctly the active ability should always pull ahead, or thats what blizzard wants, which i think is a good move. Let players deside what is best for them based on their own skill. Im not arguing that MG needs to stay where it is. I am arguing against the idea that BoS should be nerfed to the level of MG because you personally dont like it.

Also the view point of this thread has changed like three times. It started off as a blanket remove of BoS and now its buff MG to be better, which are so different.
    I'll say it. BoS shouldn't be nerfed; It should be completely deleted. BoS is the cancer.

Why would I want my 3 button spec reduced to 2 buttons half the time? The answer is I do not.
    Why would I want to look like a dumbass coughing up smoke? The answer is I do not.

Sure they could rebalance things. Nerf this, buff that. But I'm over it. I want to see it gone out of principle. BoS alters base gameplay too much.

Quote Originally Posted by lapianan View Post
    If you want a fast ninja spec maybe play a rogue? The stealth assassin class? BoS is very rewarding when you play it correctly and if you are dropping to 350k dps at any point as a FDK after rising to 800k you are doing something very wrong. Also 898 is not very well geared tbh, thats barely even heroic NH with 2 legendaries. If you can only manage 350k as BoS then going back to MG spec will give you way more DPS, and GS builds with Oblit or even GA are going to still be very strong in M+, You wont come close to top tier players as MG but you will be doing more than you are doing now. From what you have described you are playing BoS very very very wrong and don't understand how it works mechanically.
    I am actually 892, sorry, with only the waist legend. And I could never fully understand how to get the BoS rotation or priority rotation going well, seems extremely confusing. I could care less about being top dps or doing the best damage, but I also should not be dead last, only doing 350k damage.

My Prot Paladin Tank I've been playing since BS, is only 870 geared, but that thing is brain dead simple to play and I LOVE it. I Tank heroic NH with ease. It has a solid rotation, super straightforward, one spell after another pretty much, and rinse and repeat. And that's the style I like to play. But the Frost BoS DK is not that, so I am moving on to my Warrior Fury

- - - Updated - - -

Curious, what should a 892 geared Frost DK with one legendary be doing dps wise in MG build ?