Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Mythic Grand Magistrix Elisande Questions

Hello guys, just killed Star Augur and now we're focusing on Elisande, but I have a couple of doubts about the setup.. Is this fight melee or ranged favored? What classes perform well in terms of mechanics and DPS? Thanks for your answers!
    #yolo #swag

Ranged. Melee can't possibly cleave all the adds down and stay on boss. Dot-based classes do really well here.

Also warcraftlogs FTW. You can see that all of the best parses run ranged heavy comps.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2017-03-28 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    Ranged. Melee can't possibly cleave all the adds down and stay on boss. Dot-based classes do really well here.

Also warcraftlogs FTW. You can see that all of the best parses run ranged heavy comps.
    This but you will still want your rogues and warriors to tunel hard on the boss and deal crazy ST damage so you can push her fast trough the phases.

Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post
    This but you will still want your rogues and warriors to tunel hard on the boss and deal crazy ST damage so you can push her fast trough the phases.
    And demon hunters !

Thx to Isilrien for the awesome sig

Deleted
    Try and do 3 rings if at all possible. We struggled the first night to consistently do it with people dying to rings over and over but it does make the fight so much easier its funny.

The biggest tip i have that we learned during progress is when the boss does rings very close to the raid, dodge through the gap then go behind the orbs in the slow bubble. Its alot safer.

We 4 healed it and had our shaman do the majority of healing in p1 with the other healers only really healing minimally like efflo from druids, paladin LoD when dps abilities on CD. Proper healing cd management will help you dps thoughout it. Make sure your dps 2nd pot on Cd to push the boss. I used an old war as a holy paladin. We took a ranged heavy comp. We wanted atleast 10 ranged people(healers included) so soaking orbs doesnt include melee moving out.

Destro locks and spriests do well as they can keep up the boss dps and add damage.

Melee(5) - 2 rogues, 1 dh, 1 warrior, 1 dk
    Ranged(10)- 2 mages, 3 hunters, 2 boomkins, 2 locks, 1 spriest

When dodging rings, are there any tips? Such as...which side to cheat the raid towards when dodging? (left,right). Etc. How viable is only getting 3 rings in the first phase?

Quote Originally Posted by SHLAM View Post
    When dodging rings, are there any tips? Such as...which side to cheat the raid towards when dodging? (left,right). Etc. How viable is only getting 3 rings in the first phase?

Always go out to the side the magistrix is stood on to get the most space to dodge. Either side works, but you'll want to move as a group and know where you're going so melee can keep dpsing during movement. Apart from that, you want to move to either the third blue add (p2) instantly after the third ring if you do 3x ring pushes, and the second blue add in p3 at the same time (it spawns 3x red 2x blue in p3, as opposed to 3x blue 2x red, and you need the zone for conflexives in p3), which forces you to go to that side no matter where the magistrix is stood.

Apart from that, keep in mind that if you let expedite casts go off in P2, you'll have an extra orb to soak (it's an undocumented side-effect; Letting expedite cast adds another orb to the next wave of orbs). It's super important to get ALL interrupts on the red+blue add in P2 to make the phase as easy as possible.

Orbs are always 5, then 6 and has nothing to do with Expedite.

Expedite only affects 3 things: Tank debuff P1, Tank debuff P2 and Orb Debuff P2/P3 (which is actually useful!).

Quote Originally Posted by Squishei View Post
    You might be right, looking back through logs. Saw quite clear evidence of only 5x orbs dropping on earlier wipe nights, but in reality that's just because we entirely ignore the melee one, I think. My bad, was convinced we were only getting 5x (to the extent that we've actually only got 5x soakers and still do just fine :s).

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Always go out to the side the magistrix is stood on to get the most space to dodge.
    What do you mean by that? We were told to dodge towards blue adds, or opposite of wherever she lands for the image/ring start.

Also, is there a way to control where she jumps. I thought it was randomly on the other side of the room but players in our raid were claiming that if we keep her between the center pillar and the blue slow bubble she always jumps almost directly across.

We did 8nd world speed rank with a really heavy melee comp (we had only 4 rdps), melee are penalized only in p1.

But u can't run with a melee heavy comp if you are unable to skip the fourth ring in p1.
    Last edited by Halobob87; 2017-04-10 at 06:42 PM.

Hello friends,

So, we hit enrage with 10% to go, a bunch dead. Apparently we had overlaps with the orb debuff that was 1 shotting people as it wasn't off in time. I believe we were interrupting pink add so tank debuff wasn't going off instantly.

How are people handling the pink adds in phase 2 and 3? Are you interrupting expedite at all or letting it go off? If you're letting it go off, how are you handling the tank overlap with the debuff wearing off shortly after it's put on.

We do use two soaking groups already for Orbs, so they rotate and get the first or 2nd orb drop in the respective phase.

Any other tips or input on phase 2/3 would be great as we got phase 1 down pretty cleanly, two usually clean, then 3 we've probably just not seen enough of but I want it dead tonight

Thanks for the input!
    Last edited by Chewtoy; 2017-04-13 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Squishei View Post

Expedite only affects 3 things: Tank debuff P1, Tank debuff P2 and Orb Debuff P2/P3 (which is actually useful!).
    it's 6 orbs in p3 or the next one after 5?

Deleted
    Hey guys, I'm looking for a WA for Elisande mythic or in general the two debuffs Conflexive Burst and Ablating Explosion with a range check of the players that got the debuff.
    Like in this video on the left side.../watch?v=aS4gcG0Y86M

Thanks for your help

Bumping this.

What would people say are the important things to interrupt? On our first night of progression on this boss, I think the tendency of everyone is to try and interrupt everything, but it doesn't seem feasible.

p1: Is it enough to interrupt the pink adds and ignore the blue add interrupts (ignoring Recursion) while letting a tank soak Blasts from slow adds?
    p2: Interrupt all the Recursions (esp during beams) and Expedites (for Ablative Pulse on tanks)
    p3: Interrupt blue so conflexives don't reset, but expedites going off might be useful outside of Conflexive Bursts?

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Bumping this.

What would people say are the important things to interrupt? On our first night of progression on this boss, I think the tendency of everyone is to try and interrupt everything, but it doesn't seem feasible.

p1: Is it enough to interrupt the pink adds and ignore the blue add interrupts (ignoring Recursion) while letting a tank soak Blasts from slow adds?
    p2: Interrupt all the Recursions (esp during beams) and Expedites (for Ablative Pulse on tanks)
    p3: Interrupt blue so conflexives don't reset, but expedites going off might be useful outside of Conflexive Bursts?
    You need to set a ranged interrupt order for Recursion. P1 it doesn't matter but you can't have casts go through in P2 and 3. Blasts go on the closest target [generally tank] and pinks generally get kicked by melee.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    P1: you really don't need to interrupt anything, if you find tank damage is high you can interrupt a couple recursions, generally you would want to do this right before the second rings go out if you're going to do it

P2: start interrupt recursions once the second blue add spawns, pretty much want to do this until after the second set of beams end, after that it doesn't matter a great deal

P3: generally the same as P2, but I think you actually want to interrupt expedites in this phase because it can cause complications with conflexive burst timing. Not that it's a complicated task seeing how you're suppose to nuke the pink adds down immediately anyway.

As a general rule we don't interrupt pink adds at all during the first two phases because it's not needed in the first phase, and in the second phase it's beneficial insofar that it will reset the debuff on the players soaking the balls to which they can soak back to back without exploding. Interrupting them in the last phase is generally fine because we have people with immunities for the last soak, so it doesn't matter if they have the debuff or not at this point.

The interrupt in P3 on the boss really isn't that important either. You need 3 interrupts to interrupt every single one of them reliably, but it honestly doesn't matter if you miss a bunch of them. In the event that one tank ends up getting enough debuffs due to missed interrupts that they are actually taking a considerable amount of damage, well, you simply swap tanks.

TLDR; Don't worry about blue adds regular casts, position tank closer to the distant blue add and it won't be a problem (requires range to not be positioned towards active blue adds). Interrupt recursions on the second blue add and beyond in both P2 and P3. Never interrupt pink in P1/P2. Boss interrupts in P3 are nice, but you're likely never going to wipe because of missed interrupts here.

I can see how the boss seems daunting as far as interrupts at a preliminary glance, but it's really not that bad. Missed interrupts during the beam in P2/P3 are probably going to cause wipes though.

Don't the tank debuffs fall off quicker in p2 without interrupting Expedites? I know we're burning pink adds in that phase anyways so they don't live long, but still.

Also, for orb soaking: I've seen some strats use ranged in the first orbs, and melee in the second orbs in p2, because a singularity is spawning at the same time followed closely by beams. And then in p3 it's the first ranged team, and then people with immunities (hunters, mages) on the second soak. Is it worth bothering with melee on the 2nd soak (provided we're not letting expedites thru to run the debuff out), or should other ranged/healers do it and risk a singularity dropping on them?
    Last edited by eschatological; 2017-04-21 at 08:38 PM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    They do but we rarely every noticed it being a problem. You only get two pink adds in P2 anyway and due to the timing of the tank exploding debuff and the timing of expedite casts it's not really a problem. I believe if you let all expedite casts go through, only one tank debuff will be shortened if you kill the pink add in any reasonable amount of time, and I believe that explosion will happen around the time you're dodging rings. That timing isn't necessarily dangerous because it's after the beams and after the ball drop, meaning the tank blowing up pre-maturely isn't going to kill your raid, unless people get hit by rings, which they shouldn't be getting hit by anyway.

I'd have to dig up the timing, but I'm pretty sure just 1 tank explosion is accelerated.