Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serissa View Post
    But every version of Windows didn't start from 1.0. Windows use continuous numbering just like WOW.

Win95 = 4.0
    Win98 = 4.1
    WinXP = 5.0 or 5.1 not sure which one exactly
    Vista = 6.0
    Win7 = 6.1
    Win8 = 6.2
    etc.
    It's true they use version numbers internally. It only makes sense for related product lines. Their use of version numbers isn't the same, though. Each release of Windows is a unique, standalone, new edition, with its own marketing teams and development teams (though there is obviously sharing) until prior versions are completely removed from the support lifecycle.

WoW isn't that. WoW is still one game. Just one. They've never made a second. They've expanded the game they have with a bunch of patches and expansions, but the core is still that first World of Warcraft. Until Blizzard says "this is our second version of WoW", there is no WoW 2.

Deleted
    That's what makes a good mmorpg: It evolves with time. WoW is a perfect example: Every expansion they try new things and adapt to whatever feedback they get. WoW especially carries a high quality "adapting".

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Every Vanilla map is still in game, from Northshire Abbey to EPL and Silithius.
    Every vanilla playstyle is still in the game, the paladins wear heavy armor and use "Light"-themed mana-based abilities; rogues wear leather, use a fast-recovering "energy" resource and rely on stuns, bleeds and poisons; the mages wear cloth, have access to 3 schools of magic and can regenerate mana by themselves.
    No. These maps in game are different with vanilla maps. They were not the same.

Quote Originally Posted by nspeil View Post
    No. These maps in game are different with vanilla maps. They were not the same.
    Nice job, OP. Way to completely disregard the posts where people articulate the exact reason why your line of thinking is flawed to double down on the absurd mentality that since Blizzard had the audacity to change something in a game that's been around for twelve years that somehow its current iteration is inferior to the original product.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Nice job, OP. Way to completely disregard the posts where people articulate the exact reason why your line of thinking is flawed to double down on the absurd mentality that since Blizzard had the audacity to change something in a game that's been around for twelve years that somehow its current iteration is inferior to the original product.
    "Inferior" is an excuse for removing the original quests. As long as you do that, you are WoW2.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaHjG-g8sCg

you need see the differences between vanilla and Legion maps.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fArCIV5yJAo
    Last edited by nspeil; 2017-04-07 at 03:04 AM.

"Inferior" is an excuse for removing the original quests. As long as you do that, you are WoW2.

I don't even know how to respond to this. Are you even reading what I'm writing? Your video has nothing to do with what I wrote.

I don't even know how to respond to this. Are you even reading what I'm writing? Your video has nothing to do with what I wrote.
    New models are examples why we are WoW2. I have to access a BC private server to see my old BE models again. It is fucking annoying.

New models are examples why we are WoW2. I have to access a BC private server to see my old BE models again. It is fucking annoying.
    You don't have to do anything. You choose to do it. Your personal preference does not get to dictate Blizzard's design choices. The game changed, get the fuck over it or move on.

You don't have to do anything. You choose to do it. Your personal preference does not get to dictate Blizzard's design choices. The game changed, get the fuck over it or move on.
    The game didn't change. It wasn't the same game as vanilla. it is WoW2.

The game didn't change. It wasn't the same game as vanilla. it is WoW2.
    :heavy sigh:

It's clear I'm not getting through to you. I'm sorry that you're so deluded by nostalgia that you are resistant to the very idea of rational discourse.

Just see these two threads on the forums. 43 pages on EU + 51 pages on China for bringing back old models/animations.
    https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...ge=35#post-685
    https://www.battlenet.com.cn/forums/...ic/18910001063

You could even see many people in those two threads don't even level up their characters to lvl 110 because they think it is WoW2

Because you are WoW2, there is no way this game can be great as original.

- - - Updated - - -

:heavy sigh:

It's clear I'm not getting through to you. I'm sorry that you're so deluded by nostalgia that you are resistant to the very idea of rational discourse.
    You are deluded since you think they are the same game while they aren't. Making comparison between vanilla and legion are always pointless and flawed.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, inferior is always a opinion, not fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay I think we've reached a limit.

It's one thing if you want to argue rationally, if you want to debate fine points. You're not doing that. You're just insisting, over and over, for four pages, that because something has changed, it's World of Warcraft 2, it sucks, and everyone is delusional if they disagree. That's not a discussion, that's just baiting everyone.

Closing.