Page 6 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumbleduck View Post
    It is reasonable to ask the adult accompanying a minor to show proof that they are the custodial parent of the child ( or that the parents have granted them the permission to temporarily take care of their child) before offering them a room.
    There is no reason to do this unless there is a reason of suspicion, and a parent traveling with a child is not a strong enough reason, we would be calling the police all the time.

- - - Updated - - -

It is reasonable to ask the adult accompanying a minor to show proof that they are the custodial parent of the child ( or that the parents have granted them the permission to temporarily take care of their child) before offering them a room.
    No it's not. As a single father the only time I had to prove I was the father was picking up my child from school, which completely makes sense because the school has responsibility for that child.

You guys want to live in a police state huh? Maybe NYC needs to bring back stop and frisk.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Its reasonable to ask a parent (men only though?) if their children, are their children? Should this man suffer this every time he goes out in public? To the store? Takes his child to school? To the library? To the doctor?
    I think for safety's sake we should implant all men and children. If a man is next to a child that the implant does not recognize as his for more than ten seconds, it would initiate pedo alert alarm and paralyze the man so he'd wait for the police. But hey, once police arrives, checks the circumstances and finds nothing wrong, he'd be free to go without any accusation. Merely a suspicion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

If a cop asks you for your drivers license, are they accusing you of car theft?
    IF a cop ask you for your license it's to prove you can legally drive, not if you own the car. Driving is also a privilege not a right. Having a child is a right not a privilege.

No its not.
    I guess because it's crazy to care if the children staying at your hotel are actually accompanied by the people responsible to take care of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    I think for safety's sake we should implant all men and children. If a man is next to a child that the implant does not recognize as his for more than ten seconds, it would initiate pedo alert alarm and paralyze the man so he'd wait for the police. But hey, once police arrives, checks the circumstances and finds nothing wrong, he'd be free to go without any accusation. Merely a suspicion.
    Are you sure thats enough? Think of the children!

Hey, I wonder what would happen if a person does not use facebook or other shitster media resource. Does that make him instantly guilty? Definitely has something to hide.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Maybe there was a recent Amber Alert in the area and the child matched the description. Or maybe they suspected it was a missing child. We just don't know, as the comments from hotel staff hasn't been given.
    Wouldn't they have simply said this? Sounds more like it was just because he was a man with a child.

I'm not, but the story is quite vague on details from hotel staff, so I'm not jumping the gun here and assuming it simply was because he was a male with a child.
    If they had any evidence, they'd put it in play to negate that Facebook thing. But do go on since there's nothing wrong with profiling single fathers as pedophiles.

I guess because it's crazy to care if the children staying at your hotel are actually accompanied by the people responsible to take care of them.
    You're right, accusing all men that enter that hotel of being a pedo is pretty crazy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Hey, I wonder what would happen if a person does not use facebook or other shitster media resource. Does that make him instantly guilty? Definitely has something to hide.
    Straight to jail.

Deleted
    If a cop asks you for your drivers license, are they accusing you of car theft?
    Since when is a hotel clerk a law enforcement officer?

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Asking someone to prove parent-child relations is very different from accusing someone of pedophilia.

That being said, facebook messages to prove familial relations? Just ask for the bloody passports.
    They weren't accusing him of paedophilia but they were essentially asking him to provide evidence that he wasn't one. Quite a fine line between those 2 things.... What would have happed if the father wasn't able to convince the hotel employee ? Not everyone uses social media. Are men to be expected to carry around their childs birth certificates and other documentation ?

Would they have ever done the same thing to a woman who checked in with a 13 year old girl ? i doubt it. Some women are abusers too even if it is a lot less common.

Thats very literally what this is... by demanding proof, you are demanding people prove their innocence. So they are all guilty. Why do I need to show my ID to buy alcohol? To prove I'm not under the age of 21.
    No they aren't.

They aren't saying he's pedo, they want proof he's a legal guardian. They aren't making judgements.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    I bet most of the people bitching about this, at minimum look sideways at Muslim on a plane or at worst assume they're terrorists.....even though child rape is 1000 times more common than terrorist attacks.
    And you base that bet on what? Also, I'd wager child rape in hotels where people see you with your victim isn't a particularly common form of child rape given how most criminals try to avoid any witnesses.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    What a ridiculous notion, now you're just accusing anyone who doesn't agree with your flimsy opinion of being a racist because you know that you fucked up.

Regarding our hotels, they conform to British Health & Safety standards but don't mention anything about legal guardians. They mention not to leave children unattended, which is fundamentally different.
    In the US it's different.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

If this happened to me as the father of a small child, after complying with their demand to prove father-child parent relation's, the fucking lawsuit I would drop on that individual and company. You don't just accuse people of that shit without serious reprocussions

No they aren't.

They aren't saying he's pedo, they want proof he's a legal guardian. They aren't making judgements.
    Uhh, they are clearly judging. If they did this anyone and everyone with a child, that'd just be a policy. But they singled this man out, which is clearly a judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by daenerys View Post
    They said he had to go to facebook to show messages that he's sent her. What either the father or the daughter or both aren't on facebook. I'm not on facebook myself, and I can understand how some parents wouldn't want a young child on facebook. What would they do if neither were on facebook? Young children don't always have photo IDs on them. How is a person supposed to prove that they are a child's father.

Why ask for all this proof, why not just, novel concept here, as the child, "is he your father".
    Children may be intimidated to lie. It's easy, just brand your children.

Not profiling. Just not assuming anything.
    Do they do random selections for anyone with a child? Sure doesn't sound like it.

Deleted
    In the US it's different.
    I even explicitly mentioned the countries in which we own property. I can't make it more clear that I'm not talking about the US. Travelodge is also a British hotel chain and this case occurred in Britain.