Thread: Yooka-Laylee

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    the pre patch is out and apparently it helped a lot. Still random frame drops but it's not as severe as before. Gamexplain said "90%" better

best version is still PC
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    the footage of gamexplain had awful framerate still, sad for consoles.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    the pre patch is out and apparently it helped a lot. Still random frame drops but it's not as severe as before. Gamexplain said "90%" better

best version is still PC
    If they fixed the camera issues then it sounds like I need to buy this.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    If they fixed the camera issues then it sounds like I need to buy this.
    he said the camera is more or less the same but it's not a game breaker

Just received my key for Xbox one, didn't even think that I don't have a controller for my Xbox one so does anyone have a steam key they want to trade ?
    My FC is 1177 - 6552 - 9842 PM with yours if you add.

haven't gotten my copy yet :l

1 framerate issue (loading screen lags), camera isn't a deal breaker, you'll learn to live with it. If you're a fan of the old n64 style, you will like this. Game largely plays well and I love the sense of discovery. People saying it's too old school obviously haven't read into why Playtonic made this game.

Also my brother received an American code (PS4) : (. Anyone else gotten this issue? Hopefully they can resolve it today.

Quote Originally Posted by effs View Post
    1 framerate issue (loading screen lags), camera isn't a deal breaker, you'll learn to live with it. If you're a fan of the old n64 style, you will like this. Game largely plays well and I love the sense of discovery. People saying it's too old school obviously haven't read into why Playtonic made this game.

Also my brother received an American code (PS4) : (. Anyone else gotten this issue? Hopefully they can resolve it today.
    Just make a US account and download the game. Set the US account's primary console as his own and he can still play it on his own account.

I mean it sucks, but doing this is probably a hell of a lot faster then waiting on them to send a new code.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Just make a US account and download the game. Set the US account's primary console as his own and he can still play it on his own account.

I mean it sucks, but doing this is probably a hell of a lot faster then waiting on them to send a new code.
    yeah was considering that. If they don't get back today, he'll probably do that instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit it picks up the DS4/PS4 controller no problem, yay.

copy still hasn't arrived

whatever mail service they have sucks ass, should of just gotten digital

The 1998 kid in me finds this game really enticing, sadly the £35 price tag doesn't entice me so I will probably wait for a steam sale. I find myself unwilling these days to spend more than £30 on a game, probably because I'm not sure I will play it enough to get my moneys worth. Looks cool though.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    Been playing for the past couple of hours. The game is pretty neat, but the camera sucks ass. Having the camera frequently spinning around without warning while trying to platform (which is, like, 90% of the game) really sucks. Hope they patch that. Other than that, though, the game seems decent enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    After playing this game, it's safe to say that most of the bad reviews for this game are from idiots. Of course there will be people who just simply won't like this game, and that's okay. And not all the negative things said about this game is wrong, the controls could be better and the camera definitely could be improved. With that said, people wanted a game like Banjo Kazooie and Playtonic Games provided exactly what they wanted. The game is everything they promised, and more. If you don't like spending extended amounts of time collecting things or even enjoy Banjo Kazooie, let alone platforming games that play like the older 3d ones, then this game isn't for you. For people who do like these things, this game is perfect and is a superb contribution to the revival of 3d platformers.
    Last edited by Seramore; 2017-04-12 at 02:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

It has everything Banjo Kazooie had, including the god awful camera.

Eight hours in and I'm enjoying it though. It's exactly what I was expecting.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like the biggest problem with the game is the camera?

Gameplay is decent enough? If yes, then I should buy it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, the big problem I have with it is the camera. I realize it wants to be the successor to Banja Kazooie/Tooie, they didn't need to get the camera part down too. Otherwise it's pretty much what I expected.

Camera feels fine to me tbh, only done most of the first world though.
    My FC is 1177 - 6552 - 9842 PM with yours if you add.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    Very mixed reviews. From watching a few gameplay videos though I think I agree with the critics who claim it can't stand against the classics that improved the genre since Rare's days, such as Super Mario Galaxy, the new Ratchet & Clank, Psychonauts, etc. etc.
    Pschonaughts was the last true platformer, mario isn't anything like banjo

10+ Year Old Account
    Found an interesting bug in the swamp area. There's a maze with moving walls that are supposed to damage you. Well, one hit me, triggered invincibility frames, and then...pushed me into the crack between the moving wall and the normal wall and I ended up on the other side of the moving wall. Oops. The whole maze bugged out and trapped me inside with no prize.