Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Yep.

I don't care about flying at all. Its shit and shouldn't be in current content. But that just my opinion.

I'm getting it just to keep up with all the pro-flight kids, but don't think for a second I will enjoy it.
    Yes you'll be crying flying over content you barely visit

It's a nice convenience.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deadfusion View Post
    Thats not a fact thats an opinion.

You like everyone else has absolutely no evidence to support the loss of subs in WoD had anything to do with the fact you couldnt fly. For a small minority of the players leaving it probably was a reason but i highly doubt 5+million left just because they couldnt have flying. The fact WoD was hyped up to be this amazing journey to meet the warchiefs and clans of the past and turned out to be a glorified mobile game for the majority of the expansion has a much higher probability of being a cause of mass exodus than people were butthurt they couldnt fly.

I see you missed the part where Blizz have gone on record saying more than once that flying was one of the worst things they ever implemented.
    What is an opinion? That having three sparse and scattered digsites in a whole continent wasn't made with flight in mind? Anyway, almost everyone who doesn't like or is indifferent for flight admits it helps archaeology more than anything else.

When you see Blizzard making a u-turn on such a big game developing decision within two weeks, and in that duration you have massive player reports in official and this forum that when they unsubbed because of flight removal, a GM popped up and asked them why and what would change their mind, it's a very logical assumption that mass unsubs triggered the revert of their decision.

Blizz has gone on record saying more than once that flying was one of the worst things they ever implemented is coming from the current dev team, the team who finds it easier to make non-flight content with convoluted terrain mazes. It certainly wasn't mentioned till MoP. So you cannot really apply the current dev team opinion as a fact for the whole 12 years of WoW.

yes i rly care abt flyin. y would i not care r u cray?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have any strong feelings one way or another like some people around here. When and if I get it cool if I don't for awhile then that's alright too. I've gotten accustomed to not flying already and zones are designed with that in mind as far as I can tell so nothing is extremely inconvenient to get too especially with the new flight whistle feature. Occasionally yeah you'll get dazed and knocked off mount and have to kill something but it takes me a couple of seconds and then I'm back on my journey.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yamuri View Post
    You can't say this legitimately. If you want to farm mats for professions, flying is the way to do it. You'd be an idiot to be on a ground mount no matter how much more you like it.
    You can't have your cake whole and eat it too. Either you like flying and use it or you hate it and show with your in-game stance that you don't. Hell, the fuck, unsub if you don't like flying, like many pro-fliers have unsubbed because of lack of flight. If you no-fliers ARE the majority, Blizz will endulge you.

i just want it to fly from ap quest to ap quest

As a raider, I want flying for the power increase it gives.

WQs are the highest AP per time spent in the game. Flying lets me do WQs astronomically faster. That extra time can be put towards other things, like m+ or even heroic dungeon spam.

And yes, heroic dungeon spam is actually pretty good when you have a full 905+ group and you run without a healer.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post
    I wish it was not brought back as I really like the state of the game without it being available but I would have to be stupid to not use any advantage that blizzard gives me. It is a convenience add that the fits with the millennials need for instant gratification.
    It is a convenience that exists in the game for 10 years if not more. Blaming the millenials when it has been a clear and definite game design decision from Blizzard for all this time (TBC till MoP) is just silly and dumb.

I mostly want it for leveling alts in the future.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'll get it so I have it, but it was hardly a priority.

I am still waiting to see what they do with flying now that it's available again. If content post-flying is more no-fly islands, I'm done. They'll have made their intent to bait an switch abundantly clear. But if further content has flying available for use, then OK, now we're finally getting somewhere.

Deleted
    Honestly have no idea what I would even use it for, I'll still be using the flight paths to get to whichever dungeon I'm running and from there it's less than a minute on the ground.

Would much rather have heirlooms than flying for alts, can't bring myself to levelling up another character at the moment without them.
    Last edited by mmocf8e5b938a8; 2017-04-08 at 05:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    It is a convenience that exists in the game for 10 years if not more. Blaming the millenials when it has been a clear and definite game design decision from Blizzard for all this time (TBC till MoP) is just silly and dumb.
    SO for the past 2 expansions it has not been in the game design just been added because people cry that something has been ripped away from them.

Deleted
    This might surprise you, but you get flying for doing the only things that you really need it for - on purpose!

So of course if you do other content then you do not really need it, that is correct.

Speaking for myself: I do not rush to get it, but it will be really nice to have as it speeds up questing alot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, I don't need it.

Between the whistle, plenty of FPs, kite, two hearthstones, (teleports on a few classes,) and ground mount I can get anywhere I need in about the same time as it would take me to fly there on a mount.

Flying is unnecessary, and it's inclusion won't impact me. I'll get it eventually...might even get it before the expansion ends.
    Last edited by De Lupe; 2017-04-08 at 07:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bing Bong View Post
    If you don't like flying, just don't fly. Seriously.
    That's one thing I don't get about the no-fly crowd. Why is it exactly that they have to force their agenda on the rest of us? It is almost like that annoying political party that tries to force their beliefs on the others, despite the fact that their conversion rate is going to be <0.1%...makes no sense to me. You don't win elections by irritating everyone else, and the same applies here.

Don't want to fly? Don't click the button. #ProblemSolved

Deleted
    Think flying is bad for the game and never shuld be intruduced

10+ Year Old Account
    Flying is useful for gankers and world pvpers cas it makes them faster finding enemy players who is questing to kill.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post
    SO for the past 2 expansions it has not been in the game design just been added because people cry that something has been ripped away from them.
    Again wrong. Wrong because : a) Officially WoD shipped as ready to fly, as one of it's selling points was "an epic quest to allow flying in 7.1", which was never implemented etc etc, no need to repeat the whole flying deceit story by Blizzard. I have no idea why they needed PTR testing for flying in 6.2, since we had Aviana's wings and gliders.
    Off-topic: I mention deceit, because seeing things in retrospect (had no idea back then), i believe Blizzard had decided no flying when the Rylak-rocket propelled flying mount (sorry can't remember the in-game name) started being sold on their shop with no announcement at all during MoP. Even MMO-C back then advertised it as a mistake from Blizzard, since the mount had a WoD theme and nothing related to MoP. They couldn't be selling THAT mount during WoD if it was already decided there would be no flight.
    b) Legion was also shipped ready for flight, as the Pathfinder compromise was already decided.

So, both of those expansions had in their game design access to flight. Not content wise, but design-wise. Also, people didn't just cry. They unsubbed (and many still were till 7.2). Not all of those people are millenials. Hell i'm over 40 years old, playing the game non-stop since early Vanilla and i don't think i count towards the millenials that cry since i started WoW at an age above 30 with an already established job i didn't inherit or graciously entered.