Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Mark of Ursol gone

Welp. At least they are buffing Maul!
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Ouch! Well then, if you still trying to get the bear challenge done then you might wanna get it done before 7.2.5.
    People hated MoP but now many say it is the "Best" expansion. Given enough time, WoD will be the "Best" as well, I dare say.

Deleted
    They should have removed passive and kept the spell, it's one of the things that makes guardian interesting to play

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Welp. At least they are buffing Maul!
    Also simultaneously nerfing it with 10 extra rage and putting it on the GCD, rip.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

I went guard as tank because it could mitigate magic damage and had an off gcd damage move usable when rage capped. Going blood dk...

I would like to see Blizzard actually try to balance it around ironfur and frenzied regen before just outright removing it but this is the same team that gave us legendaries so maybe it's for the best that they just remove it entirely.
    Whaleshark /spits on your science.

Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    I went guard as tank because it could mitigate magic damage and had an off gcd damage move usable when rage capped. Going blood dk...
    In other words you went the OP tank.

This change is mostly justified, with 7.2 items dudus will reach insane HP, they are already the braindead easy-mode tank in the game and Mark of Ursol was broken concept from the start, a 20-30 second cooldown with 5s duration would justify it, but this? Plain out broken.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    In other words you went the OP tank.

This change is mostly justified, with 7.2 items dudus will reach insane HP, they are already the braindead easy-mode tank in the game and Mark of Ursol was broken concept from the start, a 20-30 second cooldown with 5s duration would justify it, but this? Plain out broken.
    Some of us plebs like the brain-dead easy mode tank

OT: Yes, it needed to be tuned down. I didn't expect a complete removal but it was too OP. However, gdruid was boring to play anyway and this makes it much easier for me to swap to a more engaging tank.

Quote Originally Posted by CerealLord View Post
    Some of us plebs like the brain-dead easy mode tank

OT: Yes, it needed to be tuned down. I didn't expect a complete removal but it was too OP. However, gdruid was boring to play anyway and this makes it much easier for me to swap to a more engaging tank.
    Oh i dont disagree with the boredom, from the PTR testing back in summer it was obvious dudu was the completely easy mode broken choice by far, his mastery, Mark of Ursol, the passive mitigation cause of Ironfur the way armor scaling has changed, everything was above every tank.

But, boring as fuck, 3 button with occasional refresh, le sigh, went with my good old warrior that i have since Vanilla, despite having OP 1 month of Ignore Pain scaling i still felt i should have gone with dudu even before the Warrior nerfs, simply too good.

I do believe its still better than the other tanks by far despite playing a Warrior myself and even after this nerf with 7.2 items its still gonna be the same..Like what? 10mil HP baseline when the rest have 7.5m? Along with mastery scaling, yay

I really wanted to level mine as a second character to have 2 tanks, but i almost fell asleep while tanking at how boring it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Also simultaneously nerfing it with 10 extra rage and putting it on the GCD, rip.
    It makes it replace Swipe when you need to dump rage into damage. 400% increased damage puts it WAY up there for damage output - Maul may now be the best tank resource dump for damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Too lazy to balance it..just remove it.

Into the trash can bears go! Luckily I somewhat expected this and had another character ready to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozoi View Post

Into the trash can bears go! Luckily I somewhat expected this and had another character ready to go.
    Dude Bears are still hilariously powerful even without Mark of Ursol. My guild's bear face tanks Fel Beams on Krosus without cooldowns and his health doesn't move. An on demand 30% magic DR is overkill.

= not the best tank by a unholy distance, it's trash tier!!!!

this is why blizzard has to ignore a lot of the playerbase, if it's not the best shit ever, it's not worth playing, do you try play a dps spec and expect that spec to be #1 on every single boss of a raid tier as well?

Yeah now we're just back to being damage sponges with giant health pools to drain healer mana. Sounds fun.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Oh i dont disagree with the boredom, from the PTR testing back in summer it was obvious dudu was the completely easy mode broken choice by far, his mastery, Mark of Ursol, the passive mitigation cause of Ironfur the way armor scaling has changed, everything was above every tank.

But, boring as fuck, 3 button with occasional refresh, le sigh, went with my good old warrior that i have since Vanilla, despite having OP 1 month of Ignore Pain scaling i still felt i should have gone with dudu even before the Warrior nerfs, simply too good.

I do believe its still better than the other tanks by far despite playing a Warrior myself and even after this nerf with 7.2 items its still gonna be the same..Like what? 10mil HP baseline when the rest have 7.5m? Along with mastery scaling, yay

I really wanted to level mine as a second character to have 2 tanks, but i almost fell asleep while tanking at how boring it is.
    Was playing warrior tank again (had one since vanilla) because of how fun and how fast paced it was but 7.1.5 made warrior tanks:

A. Shit
    B. More boring than guardians
    C. Lowered APM by 200%

I mean if you want to look at a weakaura and every time its red (aka all the time as it's when you're about to autohit) not be allowed to press anything other than Shield Slam be my guest but I'd rather play 7.0 warrior or druid.

Removing Focused Rage/Ultimatum, making Revenge a spender and introducing/making Devastator BiS were literally the most retarded changes they could have made to warrior tanks MID EXPANSION, a complete change to how the class plays... I've personally never been so disgusted and pissed off about class changes in the middle of an expansion ever, literally cba to play my favorite tank class anymore.
    Last edited by OniHouse; 2017-04-08 at 01:58 AM.

Deleted
    I, for one, am happy with increased single target damage for my bear OS. Makes easier/solo content go faster. Maul was pretty pathetic of a button for too long, compared to warriors' revenge, for example.

Yeah now we're just back to being damage sponges with giant health pools to drain healer mana. Sounds fun.
    This. "Oh but the mastery works fine on GuDruid so it's fine"- Blizz. Wrong. We have more health, but take more damage, and drain more healer mana, as you said. Honestly, my druid would probably be fine aside from that. Others insist I played guardian because "op tank", but I did it for fun. Off-GCD Maul for example, was real good for getting some threat up quicker, and even better when doing world content.

Finally, Mark of Ursoc saved my ass when I was a fresher 110 druid in Eye of Azshara. I had a shaman healer. Low itemlevel shaman healers are garbage in group healing (or they were a few months back, dunno about current). Wrath of Azshara was kicking our ass and Mark of Ursoc saved my butt. This change will hurt fresh 110s much more than older ones.

Honestly if these are the only two changes that get made to Guardian before Tomb then I will be really happy.

We have 3 baseline damage reduction cooldowns for magic spikes, and I honestly wouldn't be upset if I needed to use an actual tanking trinket for another cooldown when needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    This. "Oh but the mastery works fine on GuDruid so it's fine"- Blizz. Wrong. We have more health, but take more damage, and drain more healer mana.
    Yes, mastery raises our health, but also our healing. So it doesn't make a difference for healers.
    Imo this removal was needed. A tank without any weakness is bad design.

I can't help but think none of you saying that Druids are easy mode, are even remotely close to squeezing every last bit of DPS out of the class (and still coming up short compared with other tanking classes). Don't get me wrong, our survivability is completely fucking broken and losing MoU doesn't bother me one bit, but saying it's easy to play just shows me just that.