Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    As long as no one holds USA accountable for their warcrimes and illegal attacks the world is no good place. The drone terror alone is reason enough to boycott the USA completly.
    After the US gave out $16 trillion to prop up businesses and banks in the EU...please do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tollshot
    Look more prepubescent to me even given their ethnicity. I'd be careful if I were you.
    Dang! The ladies of Glasgow must have ...huge tracts o' land if they have that kind of rack before puberty!

<bungee realizes that he may have been here too long>

Those are cheerleaders at an international beach volleyball competition! That counts for curvy and well endowed around these parts. http://www.targetmap.com/viewer.aspx?reportId=5285
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by Yirrah View Post
    Eradicate humanity.
    #1 answer right there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CmdrShep2154 View Post
    ? How can idealists and futurists regain the initiative from the demagogues.
    idealists are just dumbasses with delusional levels of faith in mankind
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Making idealistic threads with pictures of 1950s style "futuristic" visions is probably not helping fight for a better world. But if it makes you feel better about yourself, cool.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    How about you meditate while I actually help the human species with physics?
    , OK mr. important science man- keep trying to figure out how to get to Mars so we can have 2 miserable fucking rocks to live on
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    We should tell the USA to stop playing world police. Would make the world a much better place.
    At first glance I like that thought, but if there is a power vacuum someone will fill it and who ever that is might be worse.

Vote for good people that care about others and make it illegal to teach children religion other than a little of the basics until they are old enough to make their own choices and to understand those choices is a good start.

Also stop making up ignorant laws that do little other than fund criminals which then is reinvest in other crime, it's almost like we try to make dangerous people as well funded as possible, at least we are doing a good job at it.

Reinventing slavery by jailing as many as possible is also barbaric if/when we don't do what we can to help them back into society.

We need to stop picking petty fights first off. Apple Vs Mac. Android Vs Iphone. Marvel Vs. DC. etc etc. Friendly rivalry is fine, but this inability to even have a discussion with someone who "likes something I don't" is ridiculous. The division isn't worth it. People seem to forget you can like two things. We can do so much with a little solidarity.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Deleted
    Be rational & logical when searching for information/news.
    Get out of echo chambers and hive minds.
    Help the environment. Recycle. Use LED/public transportation.
    Donate to charities/NGO.
    Volunteer for social causes.
    Be friendly to those around you.
    Be proactive and responsible in everything you do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vortun View Post
    Be rational & logical when searching for information/news.
    Get out of echo chambers and hive minds.
    Help the environment. Recycle. Use LED/public transportation.
    Donate to charities/NGO.
    Volunteer for social causes.
    Be friendly to those around you.
    Be proactive and responsible in everything you do.
    But thats haaarrrddddddd

Stop electing idiots into offices. That's the first step.
    Less than a quarter under trump presidency and we are using lead bullets again.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    The thing is, even the supposed benefits of religion are entirely built on lies and manipulation, and as far as human nature, it really doesn't speak well of us that we allow it to continue. I think most people are smart enough to know deep down that religious beliefs are mostly bullshit, they just continue to stick with it because they would rather just shut off their brains to get a warm fuzzy feeling inside. In the modern world, religion is less important because we can just fill that void with consumer goods instead, and economies develop in poorer areas we should see religious practices fade into obscurity as they are simply no longer needed.
    Nothing that you listed provides a direct coping mechanism for death or losing your loved ones.

This "warm fuzzy feeling" you're describing isn't replicated just because you buy an IPhone 6.

Just live your life and dont worry about things you have no control over. Surround yourself with people that arent complete morons or people that feel the need to whine about every little thing going on in the world and you'll be much happier.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HumbleDuck View Post
    Stop electing idiots into offices. That's the first step.
    Less than a quarter under trump presidency and we are using lead bullets again.
    There are idiots on both sides of the spectrum. The problem is that power corrupts people, and there are too many in this world with enough financial influence to corrupt our politicians into doing stupid shit. I mean, just look at how Trudeau has lost a significant portion of his popularity in just over a year because he broke promises.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    There are idiots on both sides of the spectrum. The problem is that power corrupts people, and there are too many in this world with enough financial influence to corrupt our politicians into doing stupid shit. I mean, just look at how Trudeau has lost a significant portion of his popularity in just over a year because he broke promises.
    I didn't mean only trump, it was merely an example.
    Voting is arguably the most powerful tool at ordinary people's disposal, so use it wisely.
    Stop falling into diversion traps such as fear mongering and we can force politicians to stop and take care of actual problems such as environmental protection and systematic corruption of the establishment.

10+ Year Old Account
    What age do you think these girls are?
    Good heavens! What age do you think they are, and have you had your eyes checked recently? This may be the land of the A cup, but they're rather obviously not pre-pubescent.

As I noted, average age is about 20. Cheerleaders for beach volleyball have generally been recruited from university students.

According to Ben Ben, captain of one of the beach volleyball cheering teams, most cheerleaders are university students who went through a national draft. To prepare for this Asian Games, those girls, whose average age is 20, have gone through some intensive training since June.
    Source: http://travel.cnn.com/shanghai/play/...-games-228280/

That's in line with my students who staffed the 2008 Olympics and went through a similar selection process. I teach that age group, and I'm fairly familiar with the look given that at one point 80% of my students were female.

As I said, you really aught to be careful.

Of watching beach volleyball? o.O

They're cheerleaders (and Chinese media has been rather proud of them). It isn't like I'm picking them up in bars.

To go somewhat back on topic -- although I maintain that posting cheerleader pictures in a @CmdrShep2154 thread should count as inherently on topic -- saying that they look "pedo" is an example of how labels tend to get tossed around carelessly today. That, in turn, goes to the original point in the thread. They're rather obviously not pre-pubescent, nor would it be logical by any stretch of the imagination to have bikini clad, pre-pubescent girls as cheerleaders for beach volleyball. Rushing out memes and labels has replaced critical thinking skills.

<bungee returns to dating women about half his age ... making them around 30>
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Stop encouraging people to live off welfare and give them work.

Quote Originally Posted by Ave07 View Post
    Stop encouraging people to live off welfare and give them work.
    What if there is literally no work? Technology and automation is slowly killing jobs all around the globe.

Quote Originally Posted by CmdrShep2154 View Post
    I am tired of all the hate, fear, stupidity, and meaness! Humans are suffering and we are calling each other "cucks". The private prison industry is preying on impoverished minority communities. We must build more schools! Not prisons! We must fight gang culture as well as all anti intellectualism! I find it an affront to Western civilization that our most vulnerable citizens can't access clean water.

Have we stopped dreaming? Have we stopped caring about a better future? How can idealists and futurists regain the initiative from the demagogues.

Over 5 billion in the 3rd world filled with religious fanatics, drug lords, dictators, etc. As long as money and religion are a thing we will always have war. As long as we need more resources to survive we will always compete. You won't see it and I won't see it- but one day when we do develope an infinite energy source and progress even further with 3D technology (not the movie 3D...) we will never see anything close to that picture, sorry....you were born too early.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    Get rid of Trump.
    Because Obama was soooo amazing, right? Everything was peaches and cream under Mr. Race agitator, huh?

Oh, you are a feminist. Their is no reasoning with your kind of evil.