Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Rankstar View Post
    1. No one knows yet

2. On any fight where there is 2+ targets yes.

Its better, I played with it all week. Even ST. BUT it only became better after getting trait #42. With trait 41 the blade dance build and bloodlet+bracers were dead equal. I think part of the reason it pulled ahead is bloodlet frees up some fury and some gcd time for more chaos strikes.

But its only better by about 10k dps.

But the kicker that surprised me was that my memebeam +raddons& belt build is now dead equal with my previous 2223311 with prydaz&belt in ST dps. Which is just about as close to god mode as you can get in raid. The healers can practically take me off their UI now. Memebeam LOVES Chaotic Onslaught.
    Last edited by Lifenite; 2017-04-07 at 05:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysho View Post
    After using Chaotic Onslaught for a few days, I feel more fury-starved than before. I haven't tried to analyze logs or anything, but it feels to me like the extra Strike is NOT affected by Demon Blades.
    Why would it? Chaotic Onslaught only procs off chaos strike. Demon blades is an autoattack proc.
    Last edited by Inerras; 2017-04-07 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifenite View Post
    Its better, I played with it all week. Even ST. BUT it only became better after getting trait #42. With trait 41 the blade dance build and bloodlet+bracers were dead equal. I think part of the reason it pulled ahead is bloodlet frees up some fury and some gcd time for more chaos strikes.

But its only better by about 10k dps.

But the kicker that surprised me was that my memebeam +raddons& belt build is now dead equal with my previous 2223311 with prydaz&belt in ST dps. Which is just about as close to god mode as you can get in raid. The healers can practically take me off their UI now. Memebeam LOVES Chaotic Onslaught.
    Just curious, do you go with first blood or chaos cleave?

Quote Originally Posted by sajin001 View Post
    Just curious, do you go with first blood or chaos cleave?

Ive been running 2233311 for raid with the legendary bracers and belt. Before getting Chaotic Onslaught I was running 2223311 with the belt and prydaz.

After using Chaotic Onslaught for a few days, I feel more fury-starved than before. I haven't tried to analyze logs or anything, but it feels to me like the extra Strike is NOT affected by Demon Blades.
    The two have zero to do with each other with or without CO.

finding bloodlet/bracers pretty awesome for m+/adds, but for ST blade dance will win ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by kayusa View Post
    You realise you're the one that's wrong, right? The only reason why you fury starve is because you get extremely unlucky with demon blade procs which you practically have no control over. In 7.2 you'll have not one, but 2 on demand fury generators both on relatively low cooldown. Especially during meta where your death sweep is roughly on a 5 second cd. Also, sarcasm or not, the above post basically mentioned what I stated. So it really doesn't matter wether there is sarcasm involved or not. It still mentioned my point and that was all there was to it. No need to be salty about it.
    The real question is with the two generators will it be more worthwhile to explore using another legendary other than anger such as cinidaria, sephuz, kj or even just a prydaz.
    Last edited by ehxy; 2017-04-08 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ehxy View Post
    The real question is with the two generators will it be more worthwhile to explore using another legendary other than anger such as cinidaria, sephuz, kj or even just a prydaz.
    Yes

/tenchar

You're going to have to run it by us what demon blades has to do with chaos onslaught.

Quote Originally Posted by VooDsXo View Post
    No...they nerfed RECKONING in Vanilla which was a paladin being attacked and dropping multiple hits in 1 melee from the "RECKONING BOMB" Windfury Weapon was like this til WOTLK, Sword spec was like this til the talent was removed completely. However in Cata the low level weapon enchant windsong or w/e could proc off Melee's from both hands, magic damage, and bleeds. I.e a Feral could keep it up insanely longer than its proc chance.

Now, the actual likelihood of it being way overkill like that is so low that it'd be probably talked up and front page everywhere if someone ever pulled even 15% of a bosses health in 1 button press, from procs of course, and current content w/o some crazy nuke mechanic, Dantillionax or w/e in BRH for example. However, these types of mechanics have always been fun for the user when you see the multiple hits, and in some cases left untouched or working as intended.

If it is in fact op, Im sure it will be nerfed, or if other classes aren't comparing properly it'll get hit. Which I never understood, personally a lot of cases people complain about 1 thing when they mean to say, "My class needs some attention" or even just "This build isn't right" so then what is seen as an "overperformer" is nerfed because its far less work to fix 1 thing, than tuned everything else to be more comparable.

Tlr
    No sword spec was never actually nerfed it was more or less just removed w/ class changes. The effect of procs causing themself to proc again, has and will always be somewhere in the game and is intended. If it is actually overperforming it will be altered, however we don't have current raid parses or enough players of all classes w/ final traits.
    I'm not talking about reckoning bomb, i'm talking about procs being able to proc themselves and other procs in a cascade effect. It received a blanket nerf somewhere around BWL, and procs couldn't do that anymore. The only exception i remember was sword spec that retained its ability to proc himself and only himself. Eventually that was nerfed as well. That lead me to believe that blizzard learned its lesson and wouldn't make a mechanic that had a chance to get out of control, or scale explosively with gear.

That said, i do agree with you that we need more numbers to see how it effects the game, and if it is overperforming it will be changed. I would argue that the possibility of it to overperform might be significant, based on the history of these kind of mechanics. But i'll wait for more information like you.

Can I see chaos onslaught somehow at logs? Or its merged into chaos strike?

Quote Originally Posted by Noan View Post
    I'm not talking about reckoning bomb, i'm talking about procs being able to proc themselves and other procs in a cascade effect. It received a blanket nerf somewhere around BWL, and procs couldn't do that anymore. The only exception i remember was sword spec that retained its ability to proc himself and only himself. Eventually that was nerfed as well. That lead me to believe that blizzard learned its lesson and wouldn't make a mechanic that had a chance to get out of control, or scale explosively with gear.

That said, i do agree with you that we need more numbers to see how it effects the game, and if it is overperforming it will be changed. I would argue that the possibility of it to overperform might be significant, based on the history of these kind of mechanics. But i'll wait for more information like you.
    No only specific items were nerfed, sword spec, and Wind Fury in BC are 2 of the easiest to point out that they proc from themselves. It was after BC windfury was nerfed, and when sword spec became non existent etc. There is other items throughout the time, but these are 2 I personally have experience with.

Quote Originally Posted by Noan View Post

It can definitely proc off itself, as I've gotten up to 6 from a single strike on a training dummy