Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

I don't have a Quest and it's frustrating as hell

So after Rank 20 you basically have a 75% chance to battle someone using a quest and I have not found a deck yet that could beat one doing it using no quest. What decks are there now, using no Epics and no Legendaries that can actually compete seriously?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by XenonSalbeira View Post
    So after Rank 20 you basically have a 75% chance to battle someone using a quest and I have not found a deck yet that could beat one doing it using no quest. What decks are there now, using no Epics and no Legendaries that can actually compete seriously?
    I would bet good money that any half decent aggro deck can beat quest decks. They are also very cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Dannyl View Post
    I would bet good money that any half decent aggro deck can beat quest decks. They are also very cheap.
    Id bet you're wrong. The Rogue quest deck is pretty much impossible to counter. If they get a fire fly it's GG at turn 4 99/100 times. On turn 5 Its 20-25 damage at the very least incoming. There isn't enough agro in the game to deal with that at turn 4-5. Period. 5/5 was an idiotic design decision. There is no AoE board clear available for most classes.

Paladin - equal/consecrate on turn 6... that's cool. Next turn for them is 4-5 more 5/5 cards played.

Mage - must have spell damage card + flamestrike on turn 7. Then see next turn above.

Warrior - brawl. Next turn see paladin.

It's absurdly broken. They need to hotfix in a solution asap. This quest and the warrior one are broke as fuck rightnow.

7+ Year Old Account
    Watch Theijs or Savj. They have found great succes with non-quest decks. There is also quite a few players at legen that is playing rogue, warrior and mage decks which does not use quest. Remember, mid-rage mage, agro rogue and warrior still works quite well against the rather slow quest decks.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonkaden View Post
    Id bet you're wrong. The Rogue quest deck is pretty much impossible to counter. If they get a fire fly it's GG at turn 4 99/100 times. On turn 5 Its 20-25 damage at the very least incoming. There isn't enough agro in the game to deal with that at turn 4-5. Period. 5/5 was an idiotic design decision. There is no AoE board clear available for most classes.

Paladin - equal/consecrate on turn 6... that's cool. Next turn for them is 4-5 more 5/5 cards played.

Mage - must have spell damage card + flamestrike on turn 7. Then see next turn above.

It's absurdly broken. They need to hotfix in a solution asap. This quest and the warrior one are broke as fuck rightnow.
    Hunter - freeze trap
    Mage - poly secret or nova into doomsayer
    Pala - pyromancer equality
    Druid - ramp
    Lock - Shadowflame
    Shaman can aggro him

Dirty. Rat. Accessible to any class & only two mana.

Also, paladin doesn't need 6 mana for the combo when they can use pyro. That is only four mana

I know you're exaggerating about the rogue playing 4-5 more cards the next turn after having their board cleared (or at least I hope you're exaggerating), because unless they pull or some insane draw engine, have a hand full of just spells for teacher after having commited so many prior cards for bounce to fulfill the quest, or have ganged up patches & have a pirate in hand to pull out multiple 5/5 patches the next turn the rogue isn't going to be able to pull off such an instant board regeneration. Best case scenario they are in top deck mode following a strong board clear combo and worst case scenario they drop a couple of mobs from hand with a top deck minion.

I was just coming to this forum to complain too, to be honest. I have the Druid quest and legendary, but now that all my standard decks are rotated out, it feels like I'm back to square one. I don't have a lot of time to play so I can't even complete quests. I don't have time to throw a deck against casual/ranked and wait to accumulate wins.

It's pretty disheartening. Kinda makes me not want to log in. It's not really Blizzard's fault, though.

Just watching Savjz playing on stream now at high legend and he just lost to a budget hunter and a budget zoo lock

What decks are there now, using no Epics and no Legendaries that can actually compete seriously?
    You're always going to struggle with that requirement, top tier decks usually require at least one of those. However you can always craft yourself the rest of the deck, put in a placeholder, then wait until you either have enough dust or get the legendary/legendaries you need to complete it. It's your choice if you want to buy packs or not.
    There are a few cheap decks around on Hearthpwn, a quick search found me a hunter deck and a discard warlock deck for about 1000 dust, though the second one requires Karazhan which will cost you a lot of gold or a bit of money.
    Take a look at this if you want to look for other decks you might want to aim for.

The rogue quest is pretty easy to defeat, they make anti-tempo plays for 4 turns, any half-decent aggro deck can overrun that. Some versions run the ice elemental, which is pretty strong against pirate warrior, but it gets hard countered by zoolock and other midrange decks. The vanish version looses to pirate warrior.
    Last edited by NED funded; 2017-04-08 at 06:03 PM.

The best two decks in the format are probably Pirate Warrior and Discard Zoo right now so...

I've had pretty good success climbing with elemental shaman. No quest needed or that.

However:

What decks are there now, using no Epics and no Legendaries that can actually compete seriously?
    This requirement is going to be troublesome if you want a decent competitive deck.

For those players who don't have a quest and are frustrated, but want to play a quest deck, why not just craft one? It is only 1600 dust for making one quest. I would be a bit concerned if a player doesn't manage to get enough for one quest (unless they literally just started playing the game) because if you're doing one gold quest a day you should have close to enough dust from all of those packs. Not to mention if you have either one of the hall of fame legendaries you automatically have the dust to make a quest deck.

Deleted
    Pirat warrior. Enjoy your rank 5~ in 1 week.

Like pointed out, Pyro+Equality is only 4 mana, but there's also Pyro+Adaptation and if you get the poisonous it will wipe the board (apparently).

Rogue completing quest by turn 4 is a terrible to play against, but it doesn't happen that often. People are fixating on it like it is the worst thing ever, but it's no worse than many other HS things, eg druid double innervating out some massive thing turn 1.

Edit: forgot to add that quests are such a big part of the expansion that it's a shame people can end up with none. Like they gave away c'thun, they could/ should have made sure everyone got say 2 rando quests or maybe one of their choice
    Last edited by zinfandel; 2017-04-09 at 01:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zinfandel View Post
    Rogue completing quest by turn 4 is a terrible to play against, but it doesn't happen that often. People are fixating on it like it is the worst thing ever, but it's no worse than many other HS things, eg druid double innervating out some massive thing turn 1.
    Exactly. I can say from experience that rogues do not get the god dream 4 turn compeletion every game and faceroll when I play against them. It is just like when people get tilted from rng screwing them over, but forget about the times that their god rng screws their oppoent over. People just fixate on the worst experiences and distort the truth that rogues actually don't always get it completed at turn 4, or even turn 5.

A rogue did the quest turn 5 and hit me for 25 next turn and still lost because the quest rogue deck is really bad.

Could be worse. You could have gotten the paladin quest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahourai View Post
    A rogue did the quest turn 5 and hit me for 25 next turn and still lost because the quest rogue deck is really bad.
    Haha! Rogue finished his quest on T5 and the next turn took off ~83% of his opponent's HP, and this he calls bad. You're a funny guy.