Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Thumbs down Common mentalities you despise

For example, it really bothers me when people say, 'oh you can have this/you can do that [insert unhealthy thing here], you're young!'

I'm not sure where this notion that you don't have to take care of yourself and be kind to your body just because you're young and healthy came from, but to me this seems like a very dangerous way of thinking.

What sort of commonly held mindsets do you strongly disagree with?
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity

7+ Year Old Account
    I can't be bothered to worry about what others think. /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by Neyze View Post
    For example, it really bothers me when people say, 'oh you can have this/you can do that [insert unhealthy thing here], you're young!'

I'm not sure where this notion that you don't have to take care of yourself and be kind to your body just because you're young and healthy came from, but to me this seems like a very dangerous way of thinking.

What sort of commonly held mindsets do you strongly disagree with?
    "respect your elders". Sorry, but just because someone is older, doesn't mean they are right about something, or deserve extra points for their age. Everyone gets the same level of respect, and anything more is earned, or lost by ones actions. Age doesn't mean anything to me when it comes to respect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    People who refuse to change their world view on anything when presented with a preponderance of data to the contrary.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

"Fuck you I got mine."

"You'll understand when you're older."
    Last edited by Garnier Fructis; 2017-04-09 at 09:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

When I see someone suggesting bruteforce as a solution to every single problem in the world. it drives me mad.
    Poverty? Let poor people die out
    Middle East? Carpet bomb them
    NK? Nuke it
    Refugees? Let them drown

I absolutely despise these type of mindsets.

Deleted
    respect women/elders/put whatever here. Respect is EARNED not granted for free.
    "You can't say that, that's offensive", well i can, grow up and deal with it.
    any stuff that involves god "...that was god doing", "god will" etc, oh god not again, god excuse, last bastion of a man with no argument and wisdom.
    saying that "blah blah children starve in Africa you could have worse" or others crap like that, damn, i could have 10 times better at the same time, anyway what kind of retard is that? In the long run no problems might be "bad" cause of that rhetoric, because there is someone/something that always had it worse.
    "You can achieve anything with hard work/dedication", nope you can't, those are only multipliers to your chances but you can work 16hrs/day and still be in the very same spot, those are not the times "from zero to hero" anyway Freddy nailed it pretty good and honest way /watch?v=bucK8k4eCMA
    and probably many many more, I disagree with almost any social constructs, to some extent.

I don't "despise" anything.

Arguments that use logical fallacies. Bonus rage afforded to those that use them to argue a stance I happen to agree with.
    Signature not found

Deleted
    The combination of arrogance and ignorance is annoying at times.

People who trash wilderness areas for no reason other than the joy of vandalism. There were these big teetering boulders that some idiots came and pushed over.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

"I will insult this anonymous person, becuz making fun of someone makes me cool"
    "I will say or do whatever I please, becuz internet anonymity makes it ok."

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    "Women/Men can do anything the other one can do!"

Extreme egoism and apathy.

This is just the most recent example but whatever mentality this is. Everybody judges people but geez when it's taken to this level.

7+ Year Old Account
    I can't think of any that I despise right now, but it suffices to say that the general attitude of many people nowadays is toxic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Victim blaming.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

treating service people like shit because they cannot respond in kind at a threat of losing their job. treating them like shit, becasue you think they are beneath you. I make a lot of final judgements of people based on how I see them treat casheers, waitstuff etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    The immediate assumption that someone wearing a name tag is inferior to you. Had a lady so god damned smug that she literally thought she had to spell the word 'beach' for me as I was ordering some touch-up epoxy for her storm door. Hope she fucking glues her damn fingers togteher with the shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    treating service people like shit because they cannot respond in kind at a threat of losing their job. treating them like shit, becasue you think they are beneath you. I make a lot of final judgements of people based on how I see them treat casheers, waitstuff etc.
    Yeah, what he said.... just before me =(

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm probably going to regret posting this, but the idea that only white people are capable of maliciousness, everyone else who appears to be doing something bad is simply doing so because something something white people influence.

People need to take a step back and realize 9 out of 10 people are cunts unless there is some sort of reward, be it admiration and pats-on-the-back from their peers, or otherwise.