Page 1 of 2
LastLast

4th golden trait vrs 1% lava embued - I dont understand

I don't see how the 5% chance of something I cast no times in a fight can beat 1% lava embued for ascendance - can someone explain this? Im sorry "very rarely".

It seems like Firestorm, embued and molten blast would come before points in Seismic storm.

- - - Updated - - -

Hell a point into survival would be worth more imo.
    Last edited by Jstreet; 2017-04-04 at 06:01 AM.

Essentially the talent makes EQ castable on two targets, and is a very significant increase on AOE. LI is clearly better on single target, but it's less relevant on single target than the golden is on aoe. There is nothing wrong with ignoring the Golden dragon if you are on single target fight checks.

Also its value slightly increases if you have the legendary shoulders

Slightly yeah - but its still shit compared to the other points. And Earth storm lava is preaching it. So someone didnt do thier homework or am I missing something

- - - Updated - - -

Imo you dont put a point in this till sargaras because its a crap golden. In fact I put it under "shamanistic healing" for mythics. I just keep looking for an angle I missed.
    Last edited by Jstreet; 2017-04-04 at 07:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any time you are casting EQ you should have the 4th golden. It's also worth taking single target with the legendary shoulders. Legendary shoulders are already decent, might be #1 or #2 with this trait
    HEROES NEVER DIE

But if you don't have the shoulders then this 5% on earthquake is meaningless to your sham and should be taken last? We only cast Eq on 3 bosses. and we Lava burst on all of them. And its only 5% chance to do anything. In fact if you put a point in Chain lightning it might be better. We do that way more often. Its percentage is bad as well - it will maybe do a one time shot of 300 -400k damage~1 out of every 20 eq casts. Thats worse than a ring enchant. This doesnt equate to a golden, maybe I need to see it in action. This golden is good for meters on Skorpyron iI guess.
    Last edited by Jstreet; 2017-04-04 at 08:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jstreet View Post
    But if you don't have the shoulders then this 5% on earthquake is meaningless to your sham and should be taken last? We only cast Eq on 3 bosses. and we Lava burst on all of them. And its only 5% chance to do anything. In fact if you put a point in Chain lightning it might be better. We do that way more often. Its percentage is bad as well - it will maybe do a one time shot of 300 -400k damage~1 out of every 20 eq casts. Thats worse than a ring enchant. This doesnt equate to a golden, maybe I need to see it in action. This golden is good for meters on Skorpyron iI guess.
    You seem stuck on 5% but it's 5% per tick per mob that earthquake ticks on so it procs all the time. It increases Earthquake damage by up to 50% which is not something to sneeze at since it basically equates to 10 points in the ground trembles.

Consider M+, not just raid bosses. It's a nice trait in dungeons especially.

Deleted
    Take Healing Surge traits first.

Deleted
    As others have said, if you're valuing single target above everything else then get the new gold last. But the effect it will have when any aoe opportunity arises is quite significant. And frankly, if you only value single target then you should probably play another caster.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firon View Post
    As others have said, if you're valuing single target above everything else then get the new gold last. But the effect it will have when any aoe opportunity arises is quite significant. And frankly, if you only value single target then you should probably play another caster.
    Yes. Elemental is the cleave monster so i would focus on its strength. A big AOEDps gain is better than a small single target gain.

tich u rarely EQ, probably just bats
    botanist no EQ
    augur no EQ
    elisande no EQ
    gul'dan no EQ

so if you're 4/10 you're already no need of seismic storm unless u wanna try do more dps on farm and less on progress.

In the end we are talking about a very short time where the choice even matters. In a few weeks everyone will have the same traits anyway. As for now just go with the traits that will benefit you most short time.

As for which fights to use EQ on then that might simply have to be reevaluated. If the math says that it's a DPS increase to use EQ when you have 2 targets then there is certainly moments in most fights when dropping an EQ with the golden trait is worth it when it was not previously.

Depends on what content you're doing...it's very strong for aoe which includes all M+ and about half the encounters in NH. I'm enh, but I keep up with ele, and I'd expect to use EQ fairly regularly on Skorp, Chrono, Spell, Tich, and seismic storm makes it usable on 2 targets so that adds triliax, krosus, maybe botanist and maybe elisande/guldan. And you use it constantly in M+. If all you want is ST damage..then sure, hold off on it. But as an ele shaman, your strength is aoe. You should gear around your strengths instead of trying to make your weakness mediocre.

Embrace the suc? Eh

Good points thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Reigh View Post
    Depends on what content you're doing...it's very strong for aoe which includes all M+ and about half the encounters in NH. I'm enh, but I keep up with ele, and I'd expect to use EQ fairly regularly on Skorp, Chrono, Spell, Tich, and seismic storm makes it usable on 2 targets so that adds triliax, krosus, maybe botanist and maybe elisande/guldan. And you use it constantly in M+. If all you want is ST damage..then sure, hold off on it. But as an ele shaman, your strength is aoe. You should gear around your strengths instead of trying to make your weakness mediocre.
    and if those bosses are on farm, and the hard part isn't really the aoe, then go ahead look good on the meters but you'll just be dragging down your dps for the actual dps check on the boss, and later bosses.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    and if those bosses are on farm, and the hard part isn't really the aoe, then go ahead look good on the meters but you'll just be dragging down your dps for the actual dps check on the boss, and later bosses.
    To be fair, if you're in the position you're talking about and are lacking single target then you shouldn't need a guide to tell you what to take. The SE&L guys are providing general guidelines and in general the 4th gold is a pretty big boost in a lot of scenarios. Ultimately whether you take lava imbued first or not is irrelevant in a week or two anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Jstreet View Post
    Slightly yeah - but its still shit compared to the other points. And Earth storm lava is preaching it. So someone didnt do thier homework or am I missing something

- - - Updated - - -

Imo you dont put a point in this till sargaras because its a crap golden. In fact I put it under "shamanistic healing" for mythics. I just keep looking for an angle I missed.
    I find this to be funny on multiple fronts. Seismic Storm is extremely valuable in M+ and is a sizable increase on 2+ target cleave/AOE. Not taking it is hampering yourself. It is constantly at least 7% of my damage, sometimes upwards of 20-30% if Whispers procs on a big pull. For 1 point of investment, it's a great value.

Dude, one is for single target, the other is for AOE, so pick whatever you're needing the most, but know that the golden trait is ridiculous for AOE.. ive had it sometimes do alone 25%~ of my damage on trash packs...

edit. its specially good/fun with both the leg shoulders and Aftershock.
    Last edited by Warrada; 2017-04-07 at 12:47 AM.

" So much lost time... that you'll never get back!"....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    tich u rarely EQ, probably just bats
    botanist no EQ
    augur no EQ
    elisande no EQ
    gul'dan no EQ

so if you're 4/10 you're already no need of seismic storm unless u wanna try do more dps on farm and less on progress.
    And Bloods
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G