Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Females aren't that much weaker then males usually, especially since a belf female would have the sunwell flowing through her, that would have to help.
    We are talking about brute force, sheer strenght and not magical one. And therfore Belves will be always behind Kalimdor races in this regard. Unless you really think Belfie can take female orc in arm wrestling.

I just find big bulky characters as more convincing as warriors. That this character can really take a hit and not snap in half, that can carry heavy armor and fight bigger foes, and not complain that she broke her nail.

But that is just my opinion and how I see it. I'm not there to tell people on what they should play.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Quote Originally Posted by Thoughtful Trolli View Post
    The Arrakoa have androgynous bodies, and as avians rightfully so.
    Tbh they should have differences in plumage, as a lot of birds have different feather colouring / patterns for male and female.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    No, BE Males are thin. UD are humans... holy shit.

Its an opinion. You have poor opinions. You ust seem to want some small anime boys. Sorry. Your opinions aren't correct.
    Thin, of course. But their upper bodies are still very built based on human standards. Do you know where the upper body is?

Also, lmao "some small anime boys" again. I sense you have some deep-rooted emotional hang-ups and obsession with excessively muscled men. Please drop the macho man act, you're on a video game fansite.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    Like you dont jerk off too the buff human males, dont lie now.
    Pandaren maybe.

Or Argonians.

Not human males, though. That's just boring.

Quit playing for the foreseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    Thin, of course. But their upper bodies are still very built based on human standards. Do you know where the upper body is?

Also, lmao "some small anime boys" again. I sense you have some deep-rooted emotional hang-ups and obsession with excessively muscled men. Please drop the macho man act, you're on a video game fansite.
    Personal attacks don't go far here.

BE males are small with a small frame.

Yes, you seem to want wire thin men - which is fine. But WoW has plenty of smaller races, and plenty of thin races, and plenty of "pretty" races. Added more rugged/strong etc won't hurt.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mainly play gnomes cause they look cute and weak. I always. Liked the thought of someone who doesn't look that tough tanking a giant raid boss. That's why my warrior is a female gnome and my Paladin is a human girl with the most innocent face. Someone who other think is frail kicking your butt is extra. Punishing Imo.

Also funfact: female gnomes have the largest tits compared to their body size. What's not to like about female gnomes?

I've had female orcs/trolls, never had female blood elves.

I wouldn't like it if all female characters were "beautiful". I can appreciate flaws in a character (like scars and stuff, makes them unique), and I hate having a female warrior with no muscles.
    I don't understand people who'd play a warrior that looks like a blood elf. I want to see a huge lady with a ponytail, giant sword, arms bigger than mine and a scar over her eye. I can be attracted to that the same way I can be attracted to someone who represents modern standards of beauty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Psykee View Post
    Talking about girls i have been in raiding teams with.
    Unless they are mentally ill traps that pose as girls on communication, but the odds of that is kinda low in high difficulty raiding guilds.
    1) Holy shit dude

2) Has nothing to do with your original comment where you had no "women of high end raiding guilds" modifier dude

3) Has nothing to do with my comment either

that roughly corresponds to the amount of attractive male races. excluding draenei.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    that roughly corresponds to the amount of attractive male races. excluding draenei.
    Absolutely false. For level 110 (and also from level 60-97 to exclude DH results) males are spread very evenly. For males you have 9 races who are above 5% for overall popularity (source: https://realmpop.com/us.html) And those are: Human, Night Elf, Worgen, Dwarf, Blood Elf, Orc, Tauren, Undead, Troll.
    For females you only have 4 races who are above 5%, those I mentioned in original post (Blood Elf, Human, Night Elf, Draenei).

Quote Originally Posted by Merillo View Post
    Why people have atraction on playing a female character being male is still a mistery for me after 12 years
    Usually there's a lie to it, like "animations are better" or "armour looks better" and such, of course implying that female characters have better animations than male in every game ever (they don't, so here comes the mindblow.)

Guys just want to play pretty characters. They want to feel pretty, or they want to feel slutty. There's this obsession going on with guys having "waifus" and whatnot.

It all boils down to males wanting to feel pretty, or dolling up characters in skirts and whatnot, or having an imaginary relationship with the character.

Of course, there are people who think the armour and animation looks cooler (female blood elf stealth animation comes to mind) and go for that.

It's all a preference. Blood Elf chicks are the closest to what I go for IRL. I don't like the fat humans or bodybuilder night elves. I like a black chick here or there, but not really how they made the Draenei look.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    BE males are small with a small frame..
    No they are not. Not compared to REAL LIFE males. Look around you, look up pictures on the Internet. Look up a male's arm from the side compared to a blood elf's. They have arms as wide as their head. Wider even. This is NOT debatable.

I get it it's hard to get out of the game world and think proper real life proportions, but man, proportions are not a matter of opinion. They can be measured.

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    No they are not. Not compared to REAL LIFE males. Look around you, look up pictures on the Internet. Look up a male's arm from the side compared to a blood elf's. They have arms as wide as their head. Wider even. This is NOT debatable.

I get it it's hard to get out of the game world and think proper real life proportions, but man, proportions are not a matter of opinion. They can be measured.
    But you shouldn't measure it and compare it to real life humans. Blood elves compared to other races, even Warcraft humans, are more thin in comparison. A fantasy world and real life has no reason to be compared this way.

You SHOULDN'T "get out of the game" to measure proportions. This is fantasy proportions only.

Quote Originally Posted by Psykee View Post
    Girls are in 99% of cases gonna play as a female character that they can make look pretty.
    Then there are guys which are either gonna try make the most slutty looking character in history or boundless ugly.
    If you add everything together an overwhelming majority of female character creations are gonna go for a pretty look.

But yeah, why make a female orc when you could make a male one with bigger shoulders and muscles. And if you are looking to make a female only, why would you choose orc female instead of a skinny belf for the demi-human look or troll female which is the closest thing horde gets to alien but humanoid enough. Only one type of person picks the orc female, and those are the ones that specifically try make ugly things for the sake of it, or maybe just hipsters.
    Considering my experience, I both agree and disagree. I like beautiful things so I choose what I find the most attractive. Which means I usually choose male characters that can look very good. If not available, I look at the females. If they are ok, I do that, if not, I just don't make a character from that race.

So. I have 4 blood elf makes and no other males. Females from all the other races except tauren and gnome, of which I have neither. Now why do I have a goblin and not a gnome? Goblins are not specifically attractive, but they look more alien. Gnomes look like very deformed human or children with adult features (like boobs) and have terrible jiggly animation to their whole body.

I do have 3 female orcs though. Look, I'm a painter, I am really into the more shallow aspects of 'looking good' and I must say i do NOT find orc females ugly. I have a warlock one, and I think it fits very much with her green skin contrasting the purple theme, with horns on her head, with cool looking braids. I have a warrior one that I also find looks very suitable, with her two big axes on her back and her Orgrimmar guard-lookalike, she just inspires power, I find her really cool. And similarly, I have a monk one - I don't really like the almost square-ish bulky legs, but I feel the orc is very suitable to physical classes and her body shape reflects that well. They all have different face, not the 'pretty' one. I like them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    But you shouldn't measure it and compare it to real life humans. Blood elves compared to other races, even Warcraft humans, are more thin in comparison. A fantasy world and real life has no reason to be compared this way.

You SHOULDN'T "get out of the game" to measure proportions. This is fantasy proportions only.
    Why shouldn't I? We're talking about beauty and that standard is based on real life expectations. Just because the blood elf's arms are not as huge as the Orc's does not mean they are not huge. Who makes these rules anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxum View Post
    I wish Blizzard introduced new kind of both Harpies and Nagas that look more humanoid or something similar so they can be actual playable race. At this point, I can't see a race like Naga be playable because of how armor would look on them and same with Harpies.
    Armor is fully working on nagas. With a model changing program you can make yourself a Naga and the gear looks normal. Mounts look stupid as hell tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrxz View Post
    Absolutely false. For level 110 (and also from level 60-97 to exclude DH results) males are spread very evenly. For males you have 9 races who are above 5% for overall popularity (source: https://realmpop.com/us.html) And those are: Human, Night Elf, Worgen, Dwarf, Blood Elf, Orc, Tauren, Undead, Troll.
    For females you only have 4 races who are above 5%, those I mentioned in original post (Blood Elf, Human, Night Elf, Draenei).
    Again, you discount many of the contributing factors here and just want to point to one possibility and say "See! Im right!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    Usually there's a lie to it, like "animations are better" or "armour looks better" and such, of course implying that female characters have better animations than male in every game ever (they don't, so here comes the mindblow.)

Guys just want to play pretty characters. They want to feel pretty, or they want to feel slutty. There's this obsession going on with guys having "waifus" and whatnot.

It all boils down to males wanting to feel pretty, or dolling up characters in skirts and whatnot, or having an imaginary relationship with the character.

Of course, there are people who think the armour and animation looks cooler (female blood elf stealth animation comes to mind) and go for that.
    My third character in Vanilla was a Female NE Rogue. I couldn't stand anything about the male - they ran weird, the stealth and attack animations were goofy as fuck... /shrug

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    They may be smaller when lined up against other races, but they seem to be within normal proportions as a singular race.
    Relativity is the whole question here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post

Yes, they are smaller. We are talking about WoW, not real life. This IS debatable. You are WRONG. You're also comparing BEs to common day humans which aren;t even warriors in any way or shape. Comparing them to the outside world is beyond a bad argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the lady Pandaren are cute. And I like a bit of bounce.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss