Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    All the zones you mentioned where the last zone for thier respective expansion with the exception of isle of thunder. Broken shore is not the last zone of legion. Wait until argus is out before comparing last zones.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Tanaan?

Tanaan was atrocious.
    tanaan was a paradise compared to the broken shore.

For all its faults, I'm happy Broken Shore is at least experimenting with new open-world PvE patch content. Cycling through the different structures will keep each week slightly different than the last, and I never feel compelled to grind anything. Flying isn't even a grind, considering how small the Broken Isles are, and how easy it is to get around with the Whistle. I'm legit still confused about how the Sentinax works though, I have all these portal stones in my bags and I'm too scared to use them cuz apparently it can mess things up? IDK, I farmed enough shards to finish my hidden artifact challenge, and I spend most of my time raiding mythic so there's not much for me in BS.

We need to give Blizz as much constructive feedback possible so Argus can be even better. I have huge expectations, and while it is nearly impossible to make end-of-expac zones that keep people happy for 9+ months, it can still be better than Tanaan.

Deleted
    Broken shore is supposed to be an extension of Suramar city, they could haf used that architecture n Fel'd it down n stuff. This is supposed to be an Elf xpac, so why make broken shore devoid of anything? It's so...like we are still playing Beta n not live game...

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Broken Shore is smaller zone (duh), but I see major differences:

1) In 6.2 we had 1 max level zone, now we have 6 max level zones - item level scalling helps with world being relevant, but I agree, it should scale only to 865 (current wq max reward)

2) Dailies design - world quests are quick (without flying travel take more time than quest, but no flying last only two weeks on dailies) and rewarding (every 4 quest are like emissary - I even got legendary from contribution box); in 6.2 dailies was looong, boring and unrewarding (it was so boring that I even just bought medalions, I couldn't stand that)

3) Story looks like it will have 8-9 chapters (I count prologue, but I don't count class campaign and quick "chapters" like "Aalgen Point" - Tanaan had like 6, right? And this time I actually give a shit about story.

4) Raid/dungeon - exactly the same: Tanaan had raid with 13 bosses, BS have raid with 9 bosses and dungeon with 4 bosses.

5) Other stuff - BS have:
    - Sentinax
    - rares
    - class campaign next chapter - total 12 (!) new story chapters
    - invasions
    - class challenges

Tanaan had... Shipyard, rares and that claws grind that gave nothing useful.

6) And most important:

- Draenor had 5 leveling zones (6 if you play both factions) with few dailies at max level + one max level zone that was released 7 months after launch

- Broken Shore have 4 leveling zones - all became max level zones after 110, Suramar (in my opinion best World of Warcraft zone ever created - with 26 (!!!) story chapters that was released on launch (last 9 chapters two months later) + Broken Shore released 7 months after launch + Argus (no idea how big it will be - but I expect more Suramar than Broken Shore).

I tried to be as objective as possible, but Legion world content not only dominate WoD, but every other expansion - so what that in BC/WoTLK we had 7-8 zones (btw, with 7.3 Legion will have 7 zones too), if 90% of them was used only in leveling that could take max 5 days?

Quote Originally Posted by trm90 View Post
    I'm legit still confused about how the Sentinax works though, I have all these portal stones in my bags and I'm too scared to use them cuz apparently it can mess things up?
    As far as I know it's always "safe" to use the green and blue portal stones. Green ones summon new portals or extend the duration of existing ones. I've only gotten a single blue stone so far and it apparently spawns some Felslate. The epic ones is where you can potentially "screw" with other people. Those summon a boss and after it's gone (or summoned, not sure) you can't use any portal stones for a while. If you use another epic stone when the Sentinax starts responding again, you'll just end up with another boss and people can't farm the smaller portals. The main issue with that was that the bosses weren't worthwhile at all and it was more efficient to just use small portals.

I think we can't really judge Broken Shore without a little insight of what is coming next. A lot of people assume that 7.3 would be Argus, as they announced that the next tier of Legion will be there. But that doesn't fit with what is the norm since Mists of Pandaria (or Cataclysm? Can't remember...) regarding patches : A medium content patch, without any raid, between each big patch with a raid.

So it seems logical that after 7.2 there will be a medium content patch with some little things to do (My dream would be that we take the Exodar, roaring through the skies, with quests related to our travel during the patch, before making landfall on Argus, Starcraft 2 style, but I assume that we will simply open a portal as usual). It is not outlandish to think that they will work on 7.2.5 in the next couple of months, and work upon a 7.3 to be released a month or two after opening the Tomb (7.3 would be the opportunity for them to retune the raid, like they did with NH and 7.1).

To come back to the subject, I think we should judge Broken Shores in relation to how long it's going to last. If the plan is for us all to be exalted with Legionfall and get some packages, it's okay. If we have nothing outside of Raids than Invasions and Emissaries, yes, it will be too short. To sum up, 4 months of Broken Shores will probably be okayish. Every month after that, that would be way too long.

Deleted
    But Broken Shore IS NOT the last patch, THIS is the most important difference.

Whining... Who cares how much content the Broken Shore has? Who cares how much less content it has compared to Tanaan Zone or Timeless Isle? It does not fucking matter. Just dont do it if you dont like it. Also, please point your poor whine to the official forums, not here..

-the nerf to nethershards wasn't needed, they should revert it back
    -the rep given by wq is extremely underwhelming either raise it or make more wq appear at once
    -invasions are my big gripe, it was announced as one of the biggest part of this patch, still timer is bs in a whole week i was able to only do 2, they didn't give rep beside the one time quest and don't give legionfall supplies biggest bs
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    You are comparing End Expansion Patch Content with Mid Expansion Content. So your complaint has been pointless.
    Compare Broken Shore to Thunder Isle. So your argument has been pointless. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Myta View Post
    Look at Broken Shore, the buildings and the content those buildings unlock. And realize that unlike Isle of Thunder or Quel'danas which offered new areas to quest in, more campaign quests to do and more dailies, Broken Shore offers 4 WQs, a pet WQ and random elites that drop 2 legionfall resources at a time masquerading as rares. [...]
    I agree completely, OP.

I was not a big fan of Legion at launch, but I was saying that we need to wait for the patches, it all depends on them. Well, now we got 7.1 and 7.2 and I have to say that I am not impressed in the least. There is very little content. Just very little, especially in 7.2. And what is there is gated to the hell and back.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    But Broken Shore IS NOT the last patch, THIS is the most important difference.
    Yeah, let's wait for Argus. And if that flops as well, let's wait for the next expansion. It is absolutely going to be the best thing since sliced bread. /sarcasm

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valaut View Post
    Compare Broken Shore to Thunder Isle. So your argument has been pointless. :P
    If we compare those 2 I still have about the same. Thunder Isle had a few dailies, which BS has WQ's. Thunder Isle had rares that respawned periodically, BS has aswell. BS has towers that grant challenges, Thunder Isle had the Shado-pan coin thing. Both have World Bosses, both had something that could be grinded Thunder Isle had dinosaur bones, BS has Shards.

Their content is pretty much exact. hell even Thunder Isle had Gating for the first month as you unlocked the Beach. Broken Shore also has Class campaigns and Invasions on top of it.

So in terms of content, they have basically the exact same.

Strange, I loved tanaan and I love broken shore. I loved isle of thunder and I loved timeless isle.
    There were plenty of doomsayers along the way, for each of these. Every one of them complained
    How downright terrible the isle was. I never understood why people pay or play something they're
    Not enjoying? Seems to me, for those people who do are addicted. It's okay to play something else in
    The content luls, obviously tomb of sargeras is going to be a very big raid in terms of lore, and so broken
    Shore is an obvious catch up isle for Alts and returning players. If this content isn't any good for you, unsub and
    Come back when the raid releases. Blizzard won't hate you if you stop playing their game for a bit while they work on
    More content lol

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    If we compare those 2 I still have about the same. Thunder Isle had a few dailies, which BS has WQ's. Thunder Isle had rares that respawned periodically, BS has aswell. BS has towers that grant challenges, Thunder Isle had the Shado-pan coin thing. Both have World Bosses, both had something that could be grinded Thunder Isle had dinosaur bones, BS has Shards.

Their content is pretty much exact. hell even Thunder Isle had Gating for the first month as you unlocked the Beach. Broken Shore also has Class campaigns and Invasions on top of it.

So in terms of content, they have basically the exact same.
    ROFLMAO, you can't be serious.

You don't remember shit about Isle of Thunder. There was gradual unlocking with more than 30 quests, special forge for blacksmiths, "a few" dailies were 50+ (and I am erring on the lower side here), there was Treasure Trove, etc. Just look at the achievements to refresh your memory, because it is lacking. That's not counting Isle of Giants.

Isle of Thunder + Isle of Giants are several times greater in terms of content than Broken Shore.

And to boot, if they included all the "content" the other "isles" had, you doomsayers would then complain
    How it's just rehashed content. They're telling a story here, not giving you content. The atmosphere of broken
    Shore is completely different than anything. They could've added in a few dailies that were "omg kill this big bad that spawned"
    But then you guys would complain it was rehashed content.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    I agree completely, OP.

I was not a big fan of Legion at launch, but I was saying that we need to wait for the patches, it all depends on them. Well, now we got 7.1 and 7.2 and I have to say that I am not impressed in the least. There is very little content. Just very little, especially in 7.2. And what is there is gated to the hell and back.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, let's wait for Argus. And if that flops as well, let's wait for the next expansion. It is absolutely going to be the best thing since sliced bread. /sarcasm
    Very little content in 7.1? It added a 9 boss dungeon and a mini raid. What non-major patch in WoW's history came with more than that?

Deleted
    I agree completely, OP.

- - - Updated - - -

I will make it simple:

1) I did not say: "I love Broken Shore!". My point is, you can't compare a last expansion patch with a middle expansion patch, like the OP did, and this is a objective fact.

2)Before you say "But muh Thunder Isle". The OP is about Tanaan, and i will replay to the OP, if you (or anyoneelse) want to make a thread about Thunder Isle Vs Broken Shore, free to do so.

3)We have no voice in the development of a game, at least not for the "core", so yes, you can like it or not nothing will magically change with a 360° turn. So yeah, if i don't like this expac, i can hope for the next, i don't really see the problem here.

4)Just to share my personal opiniom, before the haters party start labeling people as white-knigth, i too find Broken Shore a little empty, so IF this patch was the last patch of Legion, OFC i wuold prefer Tanaan.

Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post

1) I did not say: "I love Broken Shore!". My point is, you can't compare a last expansion patch with a middle expansion patch, like the OP did, and this is a objective fact.
    But why? Why could you not compare a mid-xpac content area with a end-xpac content area? They do absolutely the same, adding content to do until the next patch hits.
    Broken shore is going to stay current content for at least three months for ToS to arrive plus the time until they bring 7.3, which following their NH pattern would be about three months after ToS started. So conservatively estimated it is content for at least half a year.

ROFLMAO, you can't be serious.

You don't remember shit about Isle of Thunder. There was gradual unlocking with more than 30 quests, special forge for blacksmiths, "a few" dailies were 50+ (and I am erring on the lower side here), there was Treasure Trove, etc. Just look at the achievements to refresh your memory, because it is lacking. That's not counting Isle of Giants.

Isle of Thunder + Isle of Giants are several times greater in terms of content than Broken Shore.
    There are more world quest being added on tuesday. They are Class-specific in terms of theme, but I believe it was said in the Q&A that any class can participate, but you do something different. On top of that, there is the 11 week campaign. We don't know how in depth they are though. They could be short little quest chains or large epic stories. There is no way to know until we see it all unfold.

The Treasure Trove was a solo scenario with a few mobs and chest all over the instance. Not saying it was bad, but compared to the 7 different solo challenges, I don't think it comes close in terms of how much content it provides.

The Isle of Giants was a land mass with a World Boss in the middle and random elite mobs scattered around. In terms of quality, I would say that Oondasta was a more interesting World Boss than the ones on the Broken Shore. But when we are just comparing quantity, Oondasta can be compared to the World Bosses on the Broken Shore, and farming the elites on the island is not much different to farming Sentinax portals. You are just mindlessly killing mobs.

The biggest difference between Isle of Thunder and Broken Shore is that IoT came with Throne of Thunder. So when the patch hit, you had a few dailies to do and you could kill a few rare mobs and be done for the day in 30 mins to an hour. But you knew you had a new raid to do later on that day, so it wasn't a big deal. This is the biggest problem with 7.2. A major patch is expected to come with a raid. I believe this is the first time a major patch was released without it's raid. I feel this led to disappointment when people logged in to find that it didn't feel as large as other major patches in the past.

I think if Blizz had promoted the patch better, and didn't get people's expectations of having tons to do on release day, it wouldn't have been a big deal; people would have known what to expect going in.
    Last edited by Twilight Cultist; 2017-04-10 at 09:34 AM.