Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Question Not enough time to play - Deleting Alts?

I dont really play much anymore and one of the reasons is that its been impossible to keep my characters up to par, i have 12x 110 one of each class, and i play up until one point where i just gave up on the game because all my characters were behind.

I have slight OCD about having characters that i dont play and im thinking about deleting them, im just afraid im gonna regret it down the line because blizzard implements features that makes the game more alt friendly.

How do everyone else do it? i assume you dont all a bunch of characters that are fully geared etc.

What would you do? im just afraid ill regret it and i got my first kid on the way too and i definetly wont have time then for all those characters.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Denied View Post
    I dont really play much anymore and one of the reasons is that its been impossible to keep my characters up to par, i have 12x 110 one of each class, and i play up until one point where i just gave up on the game because all my characters were behind.

I have slight OCD about having characters that i dont play and im thinking about deleting them, im just afraid im gonna regret it down the line because blizzard implements features that makes the game more alt friendly.

How do everyone else do it? i assume you dont all a bunch of characters that are fully geared etc.

What would you do? im just afraid ill regret it and i got my first kid on the way too and i definetly wont have time then for all those characters.
    Just dont play with the characters you aren't using. I have no compelment to play 12 characters at the same time, never had one. I play 1 character, have 3 for split runs, and the rest are lvl 100.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    this is the first expansion that i dont use an alt, mainly for 2 reasons.

1- i work at morning, and doing my M.A afternoon.

2- requires lots of work in legion.

but still raiding semi-hardcore.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's no such thing as "slight OCD" lol just leave em. I have a bunch of alts I haven't touched outside of their class hall intros

I also have every class at cap, but I really just focus on my main- with my new career, I don't have the time I used to, so while I still level them and do the occasional world quest, LFR, or dungeon, I dedicate the vast majority of my limited play time to progressing my main.

I can't really tell you how to make the change where you feel "okay" letting your alts fall by the wayside- but for me, having a raiding guild and an active group of friends to do M+ with, who all rely on me to show up as my best helps me zero in on one character.

My alts often see more play at the end of an expansion, when all the catch up mechanisms are in play- so, personally, I wouldn't delete them, but I don't seem to feel as much pressure to play them as you do.

Alt catchup is at its easiest right now.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ikuya/advanced

Hit 110 the tuesday that 7.2 released.

He also has 36 points in all his weapons, doesn't take much to catch up, don't even log on that particular character much.

Don't delete them, you'll regret it later on.

I only have three toons, so I'm not really an altoholic per se anyway so can't tell if the game was or isn't alt-friendly anymore, but I wouldn't delete anything mate... all that time you put into them, gone. Would be a shame.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

10+ Year Old Account
    Dont delete alts.

WOW is way more fun to play when you playing multiple classes/specs over just one.

Level your alts to 101-109 and than Lock experience on them so you will get Artifact appereances as transmogs in next expansions, and you still will be able to do stuff like 109lvl Random BGs on them without grinding AP or Gear.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    I have alts from cataclysm that I play once every few days or once every two weeks and get like 1-2 levels each play time. They will eventually be max level but who cares why would you delete them? Do you delete pennys and dimes because you cant use them immediately?

10+ Year Old Account
    You said it yourself. A new expansion or even a new patch might make it more alt-friendly.
    Just leave them be for now.
    In 7.2 it already is really easy to catch up. My DK dinged 110 and did a few dungeons here and there, hardly any points in the artifact. It took me only a few days to get it up to par with my main. Anyway, don't ever delete your alts man.
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Deleted
    Just delete a bunch of them if they stress you out. You can restore one every 15 days now if you regret it.

10+ Year Old Account

I have an OCD about wasted time, I seriously do. And if you think of it, deleting your alts is basically as well, waste of time.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account

Wow I thought I was the only one who felt that way. During the huge gap in xpacs I leveled all classes to 100 and had most adequately geared since there really wasn't anything to do for what almost 2 years.

Eventually that lead to my burn out and break from WoW. For whatever reason just seeing the classes there I felt they needed to be played/geared yadda yadda. So I did and ended up quitting for awhile just now coming back for 7.2.

For me its out of sight out of mind. I deleted all of them except the two oldest toons I have an attachment too and enjoy playing. Keep in mind you can always restore a toon every 30 days so if you ever did want them you could eventually get them. I don't see the old alts on the screen and for some reason that works for my crazy mind.
    I have often regretted having spoken, but never for having not. -De Commynes

How does everyone else does it?
    I just don't play them until they get leveled up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Note that you can drag and drop the characters to reorder them so if it really bothers you to scan down a list to get to a main just put your played toons at the top.

Well you can always restore a character if you change your mind but remember the CD on that

10+ Year Old Account

I'm afraid you aren't in a good situation. Right now, the alts will torture you because they exist. But down the line you WILL, 100% guaranteed WILL, super regret deleting them.

I take the long term view on this. Do not delete the characters. Find a better way of dealing with this issue as the temporary relief you get from deleting today will be regret tomorrow.

I currently have 9 110's myself, and am waiting to do the last 3 until I get flying in a couple of days here.

I have my one main, which is up to 907 ilvl and that I do Mythic raiding with.
    I have 4 alts that are above 880, that I run normal/heroic raids and high M+ with.
    My other 4 alts that I just kinda got gear from wqs or the occasional dungeon/LFR. I leveled them up and decided that I'd rather just play my other toons.

At the end of the day, I still like to keep my alts around to poke around with occasionally and have some fun. I don't stress about keeping them up to date or anything, they're just fun little toys I have. I'd never delete them, think of all the effort it took to get them up to that point (unless you boosted). Even if you don't play all your toons, you never know when you might want to.

I have 33 characters above level 100. 7 of those @ 110. My current goal is 1 of each class @ 110. When we get Heirlooms scaling to 110, there will no doubt be more.

I simply set easy goals for the ones I get to 110 (865+ ilvl depending on procs and such) as well as the class campaign finished. I do this while raiding Heroic and Mythic just fine.

Very few of us play at levels where we NEED to bend over backwards in order to get first kills and shit like that. I'll guarantee that you will regret deleting characters. It's SO much easier to just leave them alone...

I absolutely 100% guarantee you that you will regret it.

If you have less playtime now than previously, and can't keep your enormous stable of alts 100% perfectly optimized, then just ignore them. When the next expansion lands, you know you're going to want to level every class to 120 and you'll be extremely sorry if you have to do half of them from 1 instead of from 110 because you freaked out and deleted things.