Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    This, I don't know what content they were touting and how this is the biggest content patch in WoW
    There were a lot of wpn changes and solo scenarios for wpn progression and xmog. That alone is a big chunk of stuff the problem most only see a tiny fraction of it. This isn't the only new content lost on most. The pet battle dungeon flew under the radar for a lot of people. Being able to do Kara in heroic and mythic + misses 2 different groups of players, same withe the addition of CoS and Arcway heroic. The broken shore and invasions are the only things that seems to hit everyone and due to the schedul8of invasions some people are still missing out on that. There is also a raid being linked to the patch even though it is months from release.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Im in the camp of I don't mind if content is reused if done correctly ( dal being an example, great designed city, don't mind being in it again with new things, mythic + to make 5 mans be either easy or bc hard depending on what your mood is) and with some variety. I think legion has done a great job of this, having twist that makes old content feel better, while providing new stuff constantly ( and doing older things in weird ways that it might as well be new- pvp braws. Loved the s&it out of the first one, can't wait for more). The complaints on the weapon quest-line is odd, there is a large amount to do on one toon, and while there is some bleed in, to do them all you need multiple toons. At least i'm not doing the legendary ring quest line on my 9 alt again......

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love to see Ulduar + Naxxramas as Timewalking Raids.

And i like doing low level quests while waiting Rated BG/Arena queue but i would not like to see old content from previuous expansion being deleted, or revamped again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luckx View Post
    I would love to see Ulduar + Naxxramas as Timewalking Raids.

And i like doing low level quests while waiting Rated BG/Arena queue but i would not like to see old content from previuous expansion being deleted, or revamped again.
    You want CATA 2.0? :O

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    There were a lot of wpn changes and solo scenarios for wpn progression and xmog. That alone is a big chunk of stuff the problem most only see a tiny fraction of it. This isn't the only new content lost on most. The pet battle dungeon flew under the radar for a lot of people. Being able to do Kara in heroic and mythic + misses 2 different groups of players, same withe the addition of CoS and Arcway heroic. The broken shore and invasions are the only things that seems to hit everyone and due to the schedul8of invasions some people are still missing out on that. There is also a raid being linked to the patch even though it is months from release.
    Isn't calling dungeons already released and now re-released at a lower difficulty as "NEW" content the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    This would maybe make sense if your reused content gave old rewards. It doesn't. It's a stupid analogy. Try again.
    Pretty sure timewalking gives you old rewards. Guess you have not played the game?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    Pretty sure timewalking gives you old rewards. Guess you have not played the game?
    I didn't realise that doing BC timewalking gave you ilvl 100 gear.

Or the more likely scenario is that you tried to sound smart and failed.

Paying to play reused content is like paying to drink coffee from reused grounds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tss View Post
    Paying to play reused content is like paying to drink coffee from reused grounds.
    And which takes more work to make. Coffee or MMORPG content. You know the answer.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Wow's issue isn't so much the re-use of content, but that the level cap and very targeted difficulty & audience of the content... force a very limited shelf life on any content that's developed. I am 100% for finding ways to extend the shelf-life of the content... so long as its done in a balanced manner where it doesn't actually compete with *new* content... or significantly impair their ability to develop *new* content.

There's more than a couple raid's I'd love to do in a manner thats not completely trivialized... even if the "rewards" aren't anything cutting edge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends what you mean by reusing content. Simply scaling up the HP and damage done of an instance is lazy and provides nothing new, really.

However reusing art assets can work if there's a logical in-world reason. For example, the Auchindoun instances in TBC shared similar look and feel... but they should since they're different parts of one large complex. It would have been stranger if they'd been radically different. Same for the TBC version of Hellfire stuff.

And some people react differently to different things - I care more about playable experiences vs unique art for example. Others might be very sensitive the art look and feel.

I love how Blizzard fanboys are trying to wipe the shit from it's arse even when no one is asking them to.
    Please enjoy this 4 year old content, sliiightly reskined and retouched.
    zug zug

what is it paladin, one zug is not enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    lore should be voluntary to the game. not obligatory.

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Isn't calling dungeons already released and now re-released at a lower difficulty as "NEW" content the problem?
    Which is why I said a lot of the stuff they added or altered isn't going to appeal to everybody. I personally don't care about the heroic levels of any of the dungeons. Nor do I care about the pet dungeon. Some people are over the moon about both. They took a shotgun approach to content and as a result missed everybody with something.

For me it's about experiencing the content slowly vs experiencing it quickly and then again at other difficulty levels.

The time spent is roughly the same but it's so much more satisfying when you get to the end of one long lap than multiple short ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Which is why I said a lot of the stuff they added or altered isn't going to appeal to everybody. I personally don't care about the heroic levels of any of the dungeons. Nor do I care about the pet dungeon. Some people are over the moon about both. They took a shotgun approach to content and as a result missed everybody with something.
    Its not about what appeals and what doesn't. Its about labeling something "New" when its clearly not.

To be fair, the most PogChamp moments while playing the game over the years, was returning to zones I hadn't visited in a while. Revisiting the old zones as part of the order hall campaigns and artifact questlines has been the best moments for me so far this expac.

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Its not about what appeals and what doesn't. Its about labeling something "New" when its clearly not.
    It is new though or they wouldn't have to add it in. You or I may not like it or think it is unique enough, but it is still a new version of something.

10+ Year Old Account
    It depends on how the content is being reused. If there's a point to it then it's OK. The world is the world. I don't expect to see a new version of Paris or London on second visits.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    Nothing wrong with re-use, it's in every game. The complains you saw were merely people feeling entitled to fresh content on every pixels because apparently that's what 15 bucks a month should give them.

They are wrong and sad little ignorant kids who know very little about video game production, and, well, life as a whole tbh.
    $180 a year is more than what you pay a business product, combine that with the fact that you also need to purchase the product itself, then the rights to use it.

WoW is simply overpriced.

it depends on how it's done
    Return to Kara is probably the best example of reusing done right. the new version is a mix of nostlagia and new content. and, very important, unlike the other remakes the old version is still there to visit too!
    Onyxia and the Molten Core anniversary events are good examples too. although there wasn't really much 'new' to them (only loot and a little movie) they weren't hyped up as being major content or as anything beyond a little nostlagia trip to celebrate a landmark anniversary. they also wouldn't have taken much development resources away from other content
    the remakes of classic dungeons are hit and miss. some of the new versions are better than the originals, but it's still a shame that the originals are no longer playable as a result

for examples of the worst of reusing content though we have to look at caves. ever notice how there's only about five different cave layouts in the entire game? if done well the player shouldn't notice it easily, but in WoW it has always been very obvious. it's much, much worse in Dragon Age 2 though and that didn't even have the excuse of being a massively multiplayer game