Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    the constant forgetting to ambush
    did you like skip all the dialogue or something?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    LOL

my teacher is a maid prostitute rofl
    The cutscene where you find that out is hilarious. Made me want to romance her. Its between her and some other girl you get later in the game at the moment for me.

Ugh one gripe. Why is there no sound settings? I love to listen to the BGM while going about but then if I turn it up I have to listen to Morgana's incredibly loud voice.
    Last edited by Aruhen; 2017-04-11 at 01:27 AM.

wait there's romance options on P5?

Please no

Got the second palace beat at 27 hours in and just got the 'maid' storyline to start and man that ain't what i was expecting. Cringe but not the cringe i expected.

wait there's romance options on P5?

Please no
    Yes. Every Persona game has them and in previous ones you were able to go on dates during Xmas/New Years and Valentines day.

Just beat the 4th palace myself at 47 hours in. I have to say its probably my favorite one so far. The story around it too is just... sad.
    Last edited by Aruhen; 2017-04-11 at 03:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    Yes. Every Persona game has them.

Just beat the 4th palace myself at 47 hours in. I have to say its probably my favorite one so far. The story around it too is just... sad.
    gay romance options? Maybe.... who am I kidding of course not

I think I'll try and skip the romance if I can

Quote Originally Posted by Slirith View Post
    I ended up taking it back. Being frustrated playing a RPG pissed me off. Didn't even beat the first palace, the constant forgetting to ambush(which resulted in getting MCed by Succubus as that's all I ever ran into it seemed)
    I must say that the *need* to ambush is starting to annoy me a little.

If I had to rate the difficulty of battles so far (not the length) :
    Mini-Boss > Danger > Normal Mob fight > Boss >>>>> Ambush

I'd like to see someone do a Merciless no Ambush run.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    I must say that the *need* to ambush is starting to annoy me a little.

If I had to rate the difficulty of battles so far (not the length) :
    Mini-Boss > Danger > Normal Mob fight > Boss >>>>> Ambush

I'd like to see someone do a Merciless no Ambush run.
    You don't need to ambush but it is in your best interest, you do need to make sure that the enemy doesn't ambush you since that can quickly lead to a game over if you're not lucky.

People complaining about the ambush system?

Really?

Do you prefer the old school SMT/FF style system before there where actual enemies in the world and a random battle popped up with a dice roll of if it was starting in yours or the enemies favor? Yea, I really love entering a battle to no fault or good play of my own and getting 1 rounded.

It would take a special kind of bad and impatience to not take the system in stride. Not like it's any different then P3 or P4. Not to mention its hardly necessary to ambush every enemy(and you don't want to, as you do want SOME security alert to increase spawns of rare personas), and you should never get ambushed ever unless you fucked up and it's your own fault.

With that line of thinking juts put the game on safety, since atlus has already thought of the LFR champs when making their game.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-04-11 at 08:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    People complaining about the ambush system?

Really?

Do you prefer the old school SMT/FF style system before there where actual enemies in the world and a random battle popped up with a dice roll of if it was starting in yours or the enemies favor? Yea, I really love entering a battle to no fault or good play of my own and getting 1 rounded.

It would take a special kind of bad and impatience to not take the system in stride. Not like it's any different then P3 or P4. Not to mention its hardly necessary to ambush every enemy(and you don't want to, as you do want SOME security alert to increase spawns of rare personas), and you should never get ambushed ever unless you fucked up and it's your own fault.

With that line of thinking juts put the game on safety, since atlus has already thought of the LFR champs when making their game.
    People whine about everything.. it's amazing really. First they whinge that games never try something different.

Developers then do something different. "omg I didnt like that! why try something different OMG DEVS DONT KNOW US!"

Give MC fast Persona -> Ambush battle -> Weak x nb of enemy -> All Out Attack -> "You'll never see it COMIIIIIIIIIIING!" (if it has the time to play...). = kill any trash pack without a 0 weakness mob before they even attack.
    It gets kinda boring but if you don't use ambush most trash packs will be more annoying to deal with than bosses imo. Only the 2nd boss/mini-bosses/mementos requests were interesting to fight for the moment (finished 4th palace yesterday where mobs go from lvl 24 to like 37...Anubis is for the moment the strongest enemy I faced).

FFIV is the only game where I had a problem with random battle + dice roll because from my experience ~25% of all my battles were a surprise attack for the bad guys (which was pretty weird tbh).
    Last edited by MrTharne; 2017-04-11 at 10:39 AM.

oooooooooooooo

Makoto is my favorite so far

Ambush system is awesome fun. I love the fact that its almost entirely your fault if you get ambushed by the enemy. People also have to remember that you're there as thieves... it sorta fits thematically.

Give MC fast Persona -> Ambush battle -> Weak x nb of enemy -> All Out Attack -> "You'll never see it COMIIIIIIIIIIING!" (if it has the time to play...). = kill any trash pack without a 0 weakness mob before they even attack.
    It gets kinda boring but if you don't use ambush most trash packs will be more annoying to deal with than bosses imo. Only the 2nd boss/mini-bosses/mementos requests were interesting to fight for the moment (finished 4th palace yesterday where mobs go from lvl 24 to like 37...Anubis is for the moment the strongest enemy I faced).
    There's nothing wrong with rewarding the player for being patient and getting an ambush. If you're impatient then just hit them before they hit you. The fights are still over in a turn or two if you use baton pass properly...

oooooooooooooo

Makoto is my favorite so far
    Makoto is awesome.

is there an easier way to determine a shadows weakness then trail and error?

Finally got a bless and psyco shadow to do those damages, palace 3 has been giving me a hard time because it took so long to get them.

I just got her but I believe the character you get from the 4th Palace acts as the Rise or Fuuka for Persona 5. Basically she can scan enemies for you.

Other than that you can sometimes tell based on what abilities they use and how they look.

Just starting the palace 3 storyline.

and so far Takemi best girl #waifuwars2017

10+ Year Old Account
    Just met her but Futaba has waifu potential for sure. Seems like it's Makoto vs. Futaba with Takemi close behind.

why does no one like ann? ann best waifu

I think we can all agree that all the girls in Persona 5 are awesome. Even Lala.