Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Why the hell would you delete them lol

Have the mental decency to leave your alts and not play them. Come on, you are a human, adapting is in your nature.

And what is "up to par" anyway.
    If it is some arbitrary number of artifact traits, then artifact knowledge being raised is going to eventually help with that once you can purchase the later compendiums.

Deleting them does seem very petty, instead of like sensible people - just not playing them.
    If you can't leave them alone, then that is an issue with you.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

I have 6 110s and i find myself overwhelmed when trying to prioritize M+s on certain characters/world quests/ pugging NH/H etc so I've stopped caring as much I just focus on 1-3 characters max and let the others slowly catch up with World boss loot etc. I usually just do a +5 on my low geared alts the night before reset while my mains do +10s. If OP has 12 and actively tries to play them I can imagine that is like 30+hrs a week just doing all the chores one each character then being burned out of actual raiding/M+ stuff to do ont hem.

Focus on Main
    Main Alt
    2nd alt which is complete different spec (ranged/melee/healer etc) even tho class rotations and feel looks different all you need is ranged/healer/melee/tank outside of that they are all the same really just different visuals.

what i have:
    Main : Prot/Ret/holy pally (play all 3 specs but holy is only 36 traits still enough to be 1st-2nd healer in pug heroic NH tho and main tank for M+ pugs) tank/melee/heal covered
    main alt: Aff warlock (ez raid invites with summoning) /ranged dps

other classes i have are 880-885s but i dont play them much just WQ cache and keep missions rolling/AK etc. Phone app ftw in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Denied View Post
    I dont really play much anymore and one of the reasons is that its been impossible to keep my characters up to par, i have 12x 110 one of each class, and i play up until one point where i just gave up on the game because all my characters were behind.

I have slight OCD about having characters that i dont play and im thinking about deleting them, im just afraid im gonna regret it down the line because blizzard implements features that makes the game more alt friendly.

How do everyone else do it? i assume you dont all a bunch of characters that are fully geared etc.

What would you do? im just afraid ill regret it and i got my first kid on the way too and i definetly wont have time then for all those characters.
    sounds like you want attention. Even if you delete them, you can go back and have them restored. Nobody cares if you don't play the game much anymore, nobody with their right mind would attempt to play so many characters unless they did it for a living, even then its nuts. Go ahead and delete them, you can get them back later if you regret it.

"I dont really play much anymore", has 12 110s.

Yeah, m8, no, you still play a LOT.
    Also: My sincerest condolences to you, a child is literally cancer.

10+ Year Old Account
    I only play the three classes you see in my sig and even that is too much IMO with the current systems in place. I'm almost done leveling my warrior to 110 but I'm just going to unlock the two basic weapons, prestige 2 weapons, and hidden weapons for all three specs over time and then not play it until a more time friendly expansion comes along.

I might do the same with my rogue (big maybe) and DK (unlikely) near the end but eh, probably not.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

why would you delete alts when you can just not log in with them anymore? do you also sell your car because you go by bike in the summer?

You already called it an OCD yourself. An OCD is an irrational little whim, a weird quirk of the mind. It doesn't make any rational sense at all to delete those characters. You would most certainly regret it. Just let them sit there. Or perhaps develop a counter-OCD that bugs you whenever a certain number of character slots isn't taken ...

Never delete your alts. You'll regret that sooner or later. You can always restore deleted characters but you loose lots of stuff nonetheless. Alts don't need maintenance and can patiently wait for better times.

I have all 12 classes on main server (2x lvl 110 + 10x lvl100) with 6 alt alts on alt server (100, 2x 60-ish, rest even lower). During Draenor I pushed main server to max level for each character, geared most of them, maxed all professions. With Legion I focus on my main exclusively. I happened to get one of alts to 110 while waiting for 7.2. I would like to play my alts right now but I too have limited time. So, until I get flying, I focus on my main. And my alts are sitting and waiting. One day I get them to 110 as well.

Deleted
    I only delete low level alts if I need the character slot for something else. I would never delete a character just because I don't have the time to play it at a given time. Sometimes, you can also profit from extra weekly lockouts to farm things from legacy raids etc.

Besides that, I want to finish all class campaigns and get the OH class sets, and I need to bring 5 more classes to max level and finish the respective objectives on 6 (not done with my latest alt, obviously). But on the other hand, I don't do organised content anymore and my guild is almost dead (only one active player currently besides me, who logs in almost daily), so I can invest my time in solo and random matchmaking content. (No, I will not look for a different guild, I stay with my RL friends and hope they will return when they have more time to play.)
    Last edited by mmoceb1073a651; 2017-04-11 at 09:23 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RadmaKanow View Post
    You can always restore deleted characters but you loose lots of stuff nonetheless.
    What exactly is this lots of stuff that you 'loose' by doing this as opposed to just not playing them?

I suspect that many of the people telling you not to delete alts are just as heavily invested in the game as you, and their lack of perspective makes deleting an alt feel like deleting a part of their life.

You have a child on the way. Your child is now your number one priority in your life. If WoW is a problem for you - and from your first post that certainly seems to be the case - then you're going to have to decide whether or not you are capable of reducing your time playing to healthy levels after your child is born. If you can't, then it's time to say goodbye to Azeroth and move on with your life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lets make a couple of lists:

Reasons to delete characters
    There are no reasons

Reasons not to delete
    You could still play them some day since they still exist
    You won't have to worry about regretting doing something stupid

Seems easy to me, unless thoughtless and stupid decisions give you some kind of thrill.

At launch, alt life was the shittiest it had ever been. NOW, alt life is the easiest it has ever been.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

This thread is taking the piss.... never had I heard such nonsense.

1. I don't have time to play my alts. Meh I'll just delete em?
    2. Has a kid underway

You realise that by asking the question if you should delete your alts (especially with the reasoning) people are going to ask questions:
    - as to how you ever conceived a child in the first place
    - as to how great of a parent you are going to be

And I would ask these questions myself if you told me this in person. But no it gets even worse as you posted this question on a public forum for a game.

10+ Year Old Account
    if you need to delete your alts to not play em you have a serious problem, also stop with that slight ocd crap
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

You, along with me probably need a psychiatrist more than these forms.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    move your main to another server.
    that way you wont see your unused alts
    Ive been thinking about this, because it really bothers me to see all the characters there everytime i log on to my mains

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raqubor View Post
    "I dont really play much anymore", has 12 110s.

Yeah, m8, no, you still play a LOT.
    Also: My sincerest condolences to you, a child is literally cancer.
    I dont play, the first thing i did when Legion came out was level every single character to 110 simultaneously, after that i have not really played that much, all my characters are around 850 ilvl.

I suggest you instead try to suffer from CDO, not OCD.

It's similar to OCD, but the letters are in alphabetical order.

Like they should be.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"