Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Damn blizzard they figure out the next OP combo with belt/bracers/trinket and BAM nerf on the trait clever!!!!
    Back on topic does that nerf means that i can get back to Stomp talent 24/7?

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    Damn blizzard they figure out the next OP combo with belt/bracers/trinket and BAM nerf on the trait clever!!!!
    Back on topic does that nerf means that i can get back to Stomp talent 24/7?
    No, Dire Frenzy is still going to be the way to go for Single Target Fights.

Quote Originally Posted by lordhakera View Post
    I think everyone was expecting a nerf - just not something of this magnitude. I'm fine with retuning numbers once content is released (up to 25% is what I would consider reasonable), but having to lower an ability's numbers by 65% after it's live really makes me question their testing process.
    Yeah agreed zero testing...

So far from what I've seen from this nerf is that my damage is still much higher than what it was without the traits, and still pretty high in general. The biggest thing I've noticed is that now, instead of keeping up with and at times beating people 10 ilvls higher than I am, that now I can just keep up with them and they have slightly higher dps than I do. If you want to say anecdotal then that is fine, just keep in mind that I am comparing myself to my guild members (progression guild) who would consistently beat me (by quite a bit) before 7.2.
    To be completely honest, I barely even noticed much of a change last night and didn't even know there was a nerf until I saw it on mom-c before going to bed.

Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    "Finally" ? If you cleared Nighthold twice (even LFR) and did like 10 WQ's you would have had the trait 5 days ago -.
    That's assuming they had a maxed out artifact before hand. I doubt everyone did, which means of course it will take longer to have the traits, especially since not everyone has a ton of free time to play.

Bracer + Convergence allowed BM to cast aspect of the wild every 40 seconds, which is 3x the normal 2min CD. This is why thunderlash was capable of doing 10% of BM's single target damage and up to 15% on some cleave fights. This nerf makes it not longer worth wearing bracer + convergence. So with the frenzy build the damage of thunderlash will go down to .6% single target and .9% on cleave fights. 91% nerf to the trait and about a 14% overall nerf to the top BM setup.

MM and BM are now both officially dead specs and will be bottom tier come ToS. I canceled my sub last night. I've been playing this game on and off since vanilla and legion has the worst class/sepc balancing in the history of the game all compounded by the fact that legandaries/ap/relics lock you into a spec. The game is simply not worth playing or investing anymore time into.
    Last edited by zoned; 2017-04-11 at 03:11 PM.

Is this nerf even live?
    Was hitting 320k crit thunderslash during raid 2 days ago, now i have max 280k crits.
    Every time you say "I don't believe in fearies" one of them dies...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zoned View Post
    Bracer + Convergence allowed BM to cast aspect of the wild every 40 seconds, which is 3x the normal 2min CD. This is why thunderlash was capable of doing 10% of BM's single target damage and up to 15% on some cleave fights. This nerf makes it not longer worth wearing bracer + convergence. So with the frenzy build the damage of thunderlash will go down to .6% single target and .9% on cleave fights. 91% nerf to the trait and about a 14% overall nerf to the top BM setup.

MM and BM are now both officially dead specs and will be bottom tier come ToS. I canceled my sub last night. I've been playing this game on and off since vanilla and legion has the worst class/sepc balancing in the history of the game all compounded by the fact that legandaries/ap/relics lock you into a spec. The game is simply not worth playing or investing anymore time into.
    Bye, we will... oh w8 we wont.

50% overall nerf + 30% nerf with DF means it now does 35% of original dmg with DF?

Or is that % additive? When reading it, it didn't seem additive. If its additive then it would do 20% of original dmg with DF...

"Finally" ? If you cleared Nighthold twice (even LFR) and did like 10 WQ's you would have had the trait 5 days ago -.
    I just came back from a 4 month break, but thanks for knowing more about what I did or did not do than I knew about myself....

So I get this really sucks - I get it takes BM down from being one of the top 3 specs in a perfect gear/combo situation, BUT I do have a question. I'm currently pugging Heroic NH each week on Tuesday, filling in for guilds who don't have enough DPS, I've cleared it the last couple of weeks and finally got some decent gear, 894 ilvl. I have no convergence, I have no legendary wrists, no legendary shoulders and am currently rocking the belt and the BM ring and I am keeping up with people who are 10+ ilvls ahead of me WITHOUT Thunderlash.

Parse from last week, 80+% on all fights for my ilvl (888 when this was ran): https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...est#bracket=16 - yes I know I died on Gul'Dan and Elisande so those numbers suck - not the point.

I understand everyone is upset about this nerf, but people above are making it seem as though BM isn't viable - I don't guess I understand. I seem to be viable right now with sub-par gear and no Thunderlash talent. What am I missing? Mythic raiding with top tier guilds? Is that the only place this is really hurting players?

Wow. Those idiots at Blizzard either don't know anything about hunters or they hate that class. Or they want to force us playing survival, which isn't going to happen regardless of how much they buff that spec.

Either way, this is outrageous. Nerfing Thunderslash by 65% with buffing Cobra Commander by only 25%? It should have been at least 100% to make any reasonable difference. This is another blade in the back after they announced that Mantle will be nerfed to the ground in 7.2.5, instead of making it's bonus a baseline.

All my AP went into MM on Patch day because I did both MM and BM quests at the same time (didn't notice), so my BM started out with nothing. From clearing EN/ToV the last two resets, and NH 4 times (N+HC the last two resets), doing all the AP WQs, daily HC, and a few mythics, I've yet to get Thunderslash (extremely close, mind). So, no. If you were starting at 35 instead of 39 then you don't have it anywhere near that quick.

So, I guess I'm "lucky" I didn't get the pleasure of having the trait that put BM in a decent place before it got nerfed.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2017-04-11 at 03:51 PM.

Balance this expac has been truly hideous. Warriors rogues mages (as usual) DHs are allowed to do retarded burst and sustain but hunters were good for EN (MM) and nerfed/changed ever since. Im not some FOTM casual player. I am triggered.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Quote Originally Posted by Uniel View Post
    So I get this really sucks - I get it takes BM down from being one of the top 3 specs in a perfect gear/combo situation, BUT I do have a question. I'm currently pugging Heroic NH each week on Tuesday, filling in for guilds who don't have enough DPS, I've cleared it the last couple of weeks and finally got some decent gear, 894 ilvl. I have no convergence, I have no legendary wrists, no legendary shoulders and am currently rocking the belt and the BM ring and I am keeping up with people who are 10+ ilvls ahead of me WITHOUT Thunderlash.

Parse from last week, 80+% on all fights for my ilvl (888 when this was ran): https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...est#bracket=16 - yes I know I died on Gul'Dan and Elisande so those numbers suck - not the point.

I understand everyone is upset about this nerf, but people above are making it seem as though BM isn't viable - I don't guess I understand. I seem to be viable right now with sub-par gear and no Thunderlash talent. What am I missing? Mythic raiding with top tier guilds? Is that the only place this is really hurting players?
    I can only assume the guilds you are running with as DPS are not playing optimally. BM has a very low skill floor/ceiling so competing against players who are not on par to Mythic level is very easy to do.

MM ability nerfed by 60%
    BM ability nerfed by 80% (50%flat, 30% using DF)

Blizzard really does take real careful consideration when applying Balance changes to Hunters. If we're not the united airlines passengers of WoW classes..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trishell View Post
    I can see why they did the Nerfs no one was taking any other talents besides DF/BF the whole run and i dont think thats a design they want cuz cmon they want us to use TOMES almost all run long! 50% however is over kill and I am starting to feel that if you're a ranged hunter blizzard hates you now!
    Typical Blizzard being lazy...instead of making the other talents viable they just nerf the good talents to hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Sim View Post
    It is 50% + 30% out of 50%, so 65%.

Quote Originally Posted by Sim View Post
    MM ability nerfed by 60%

Blizzard really does take real careful consideration when applying Balance changes to Hunters. If we're not the united airlines passengers of WoW classes..
    After seeing now in live, it doesnt look like the 30% nerf with DF was on top of the 50%, not on the tooltip atleast... its critting for 230k for me on my main pet and 170k on hati using Dire Frenzy.

And when i pick stomp, crits are arround 140k on my main pet.

I'm almost certain DF got nerfed by 30%, and not 30% on top of the overall 50%.

Stay classy yindoo.... sad sad little man.