Page 71 of 92 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Deebe View Post
    Nerf is directed against the insane demo scaling in ToS, not the damage we deal in current raid.
    Nerf is retarded. Makes a 1/1 trait worst than a single point of a 4 point one. If could have sense if now it increases the dmg of ALL the demons, but it isnt.

And if is a nerf against the scale, why nerfing it 2 months before the raid?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Nerf is retarded. Makes a 1/1 trait worst than a single point of a 4 point one. If could have sense if now it increases the dmg of ALL the demons, but it isnt.

And if is a nerf against the scale, why nerfing it 2 months before the raid?
    Yeah, I would have gone a different route aswell. Also I would have waited for 7.2.5 with nerfs like this. But I can't see a reason why they would have nerfed us because they think we're op right now - we really aren't.

Anyone currently running SI+PT+SC on ST fight? (Spaming DE+SB as filter)

It does a fuck ton of dps for me even without recurrent and offers really smooth mobility too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alexeht View Post
    It is really? I'm about to hit level which gives me choice between JoS and IF. Fuck this game, the moment I started play demo in this expansion I made a real mistake ...
    In terms of pure ST dmg no

Assuming you have 2 IF relics and 3 points in IF, another point in IF will increase your Imp's dmg by 10/150 = 6.67%

While Jaws will increase if by flat 10% (after the nerf of course). and you should have more than 90% uptime on Jaws anyway.
    Last edited by Ibanism; 2017-04-11 at 12:43 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibanism View Post
    Anyone currently running SI+PT+SC on ST fight? (Spaming DE+SB as filter)

It does a fuck ton of dps for me even without recurrent and offers really smooth mobility too.
    Is that with or without TKA, and does it rely on some specific legendaries? It almost sims as high as 3211222 for me, but not sure it gets the rotation right (DE+SB spam as filler).

The nerf is weird but it's true we would have gotten maybe out of hand come ToS. Now maybe I won't cry "wtf blizzard" before I see what they have planned for demo in 7.2.5.

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Deebe View Post
    Nerf is directed against the insane demo scaling in ToS, not the damage we deal in current raid.
    Where are those numbers? I would like to take a look at them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    The nerf is weird but it's true we would have gotten maybe out of hand come ToS. Now maybe I won't cry "wtf blizzard" before I see what they have planned for demo in 7.2.5.
    Then change it just before ToS releases. Not weeks before when we are still raiding content thats current for most of us.

Quote Originally Posted by ZharradanMarr View Post
    Is that with or without TKA, and does it rely on some specific legendaries? It almost sims as high as 3211222 for me, but not sure it gets the rotation right (DE+SB spam as filler).
    With TKA and I got Wakener + Sindorei, I'm quite certain that in sim they didn't use DE>SB>DE>SB as a filter, but they just use normal SB spam, DE generate 65% of SB shard and have higher damage output than SB (consider the 50% chance) and also make shadowbolt instant cast. I don't know how to change the rotation in Sim but if anyone can please do it I wanna know the output as well.

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Then change it just before ToS releases. Not weeks before when we are still raiding content thats current for most of us.
    I totally agree. I think it's a dick move (especially since they buffed frost mage for some reason). They destroyed my other spec (BM) with those stupid nerfs aswell.

Homophobia is so gay.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Could of course be wrong, but just looking at my own scaling factors with the new traits and then at my guild mates. Mine are almost 1.3 of theirs.

That's just some serious degenerate gameplay and won't probably last if it's close to efficient. It's akin to the moonfire spam with wax and wane with balance druids that they changed.

In terms of pure ST dmg no
    Many fights this expansion are ST
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Deleted
    With TKA and I got Wakener + Sindorei, I'm quite certain that in sim they didn't use DE>SB>DE>SB as a filter, but they just use normal SB spam, DE generate 65% of SB shard and have higher damage output than SB (consider the 50% chance) and also make shadowbolt instant cast. I don't know how to change the rotation in Sim but if anyone can please do it I wanna know the output as well.
    I think it might be enough to remove the
    Code:
    action+=/demonbolt
    action+=/shadow_bolt
    lines at the bottom of the rotation and replace them with
    Code:
    actions+=/shadow_bolt,if=buff.shadowy_inspiration.up>=1
    actions+=/demonic_empowerment

This way the bottom part should look like this:
    Code:
    actions+=/life_tap,if=mana.pct<=30
    actions+=/demonwrath,chain=1,interrupt=1,if=spell_targets.demonwrath>=3
    actions+=/demonwrath,moving=1,chain=1,interrupt=1
    actions+=/shadow_bolt,if=buff.shadowy_inspiration.up>=1
    actions+=/demonic_empowerment
    actions+=/life_tap

This gives me a slightly lower damage output, but that is what I expected since I don't have TKA yet. However, if I add the TKA trait I get:
    • 1212123 = 735k dps (using DE + SB filler)
    • 3212222 = 715k dps
    • 3211222 = 708k dps
    It does seem like TKA makes PT the better talent, and the SI with DE+SB filler seems to be an additional improvement.

I get it. They want to shift some of that power from our imps to.... where exactly again?

Demo isn't excelling and dominant when it comes to any kind of DPS, whether that's cleaving or ST compared to Affi. Numbers and WarcraftLogs don't lie.

I was hoping for a buff elsewhere because Demo could really use some help right now. Out of all the other specs, it's just frustrating to see a nerf to this one.

Hopefully the nerf to jaws is because they are making changes to Demo that we are not seeing yet and they don't want to halve a traits worth in 2 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorixis View Post
    Hopefully the nerf to jaws is because they are making changes to Demo that we are not seeing yet and they don't want to halve a traits worth in 2 months.
    They are nerfing it because the idiots forgot to implement the trait while keeping in mind the ToS tier set bonus, it has nothing to do with future changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakoes View Post
    I get it. They want to shift some of that power from our imps to.... where exactly again?

Demo isn't excelling and dominant when it comes to any kind of DPS, whether that's cleaving or ST compared to Affi. Numbers and WarcraftLogs don't lie.

I was hoping for a buff elsewhere because Demo could really use some help right now. Out of all the other specs, it's just frustrating to see a nerf to this one.
    It's not just shifting the power, even if that was a problem. Imps were an overwhelming amount of the DPS with Jaws and was going to get worse as gear scaled. There's also the rotation of DE-SB-DE-SB once you got TKA. You would use SI-IDS-PT-SC as core four talents and Jaws/TKA, you would just alternate that. Then when you add in the T20 4pc and higher gear level, it destroyed a lot of the semblance of balance in our talents, scaled out of control, and was pretty much degenerate rotation gameplay. That one golden perk not just gave a huge amount of DPS on its own but broke just about everything given how loosely Demo is held together to begin with.

I'm just curious where the buffs will be to. They have to buff Demo to offset it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

yeah the DE - SB - DE - SB "rotation" is/was so dumb.

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post

I'm just curious where the buffs will be to. They have to buff Demo to offset it.
    Nowhere. They are not going to buff demon.

anyone know if theres a way to track Thal'kiel's Ascendance damage via weakaura?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Nowhere. They are not going to buff demon.
    At the moment you are probably right for the 7.2

But some month ago they said they would modifiy all the class, by making baseline some talent we take in like 95% of the situations.
    If they keep they idea in mind, i would not be surprised if a talent like Hand of Doom becomes baseline, and that would be really strong especially if you keep in mind that you can associate it with Soul harvest (but i'm also sure that SH would be nerf too if they do it).
    It's my hope for the 7.2.5

They should also modify 1st tier talent because i'm upset to see Demonic calling used in all situation.
    Shadowflame should be turn again as an aoe/slow talent like before.
    I don't want to see a nerf of Demonic calling, they just have to make other talent usefull in their way...