Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Sean Spicer's press conference

Did anybody see that the mouthpiece of the president of the united states basically said Assad is worse then Hitler and that Hitler didn't even use chemical weapons on his own ppl. He also called concentration camps Holocaust centers. Like WTF did he graduate from a Betsy Devos led Trump University?

https://twitter.com/miladvisor/statu...93454141632512
    Last edited by Skandulous; 2017-04-11 at 09:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just when I thought we had hit the greasy bottom of this shit-stained barrel...

I can't even tell if they're sincerely stupid, or stupidly sincere.
    And you could have it all,
    my Empire of Dirt.
    I will let you down,
    I will make you Hurt.

morons leading morons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    Did anybody see that the mouthpiece of the president of the united states basically said Assad is worse then Hitler and that Hitler didn't even use chemical weapons on his own ppl. He also called concentration camps Holocaust centers. Like WTF did he graduate from a Betsy Devos led Trump University?
    I usually avoid these threads, but I'll bite. Yes he might have been exaggerating, but I think we can agree both aren't exactly best man material.

Does this really require a dedicated thread to attack?

7+ Year Old Account
    Spicer was trying to throw an administration talking point on the use of chemical weapons, that not even in World War 2 were chemical weapons used on the battlefield by the Nazis.

Mattis made this point very finely and precisely in his press conference.

Spicer, AS USUAL, bumbled around like a bloody fool.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

I was reading an article about this "White house staffers at the sides of the room actually had their mouths open in gasps while he was talking".

How is our government being run by people so horrifically incompetent?

It could be argued that he could have chosen his words more carefully in that particular moment with regards to that particular subject. Also generally best to avoid implying that Jews are not actually members of their homelands.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Holocaust Centers"

Right next to the Third Reich visitor centers I bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    I was reading an article about this "White house staffers at the sides of the room actually had their mouths open in gasps while he was talking".

How is our government being run by people so horrifically incompetent?
    I don't know. Something about Lena Dunham.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's only Tuesday and I'm already done with the Donnie show this week....

Can't wait for "lol, at least libtards are triggered".

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Nazi Germany refrained from the tactical use of chemical and biological weapons in war, possibly due to the personal experiences of Adolf Hitler as a sergeant in the Kaiser's army where he was gassed by British troops in 1918

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chemical_warfare

Quote Originally Posted by Healing Rain View Post
    Nazi Germany refrained from the tactical use of chemical and biological weapons in war, possibly due to the personal experiences of Adolf Hitler as a sergeant in the Kaiser's army where he was gassed by British troops in 1918

You reall should educate yourself or did you sleep through history class.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zyklon_B
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.

He should resign.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyalo View Post
    I usually avoid these threads, but I'll bite. Yes he might have been exaggerating, but I think we can agree both aren't exactly best man material.

Does this really require a dedicated thread to attack?
    I generally prefer my country's leaders refrain from comparing people to Hitler, much less minimizing his atrocities.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's like you can smell the cringe in the air. He should have just said he he wasn't thinking and slipped up. No, he had to double down.

I mean of course Hitler didn't use chemical weapons on his people. He just shipped to off to camps and gave them chemical showers.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    You reall should educate yourself or did you sleep through history class.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zyklon_B
    "refrained from the tactical use of chemical and biological weapons in war" kinda implies that they weren't used in combat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    "refrained from the tactical use of chemical and biological weapons in war" kinda implies that they weren't used in combat.
    Was Spicer saying it was used on his people, mean tactical combat?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Probably the part where he was objectively wrong in his claim and it's yet another example of "alternative facts" coming out of the White House.
    Can't we just get an "alternative facts" megathread then rather than constantly filling General OT with White House/Sean Spicer discussions.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneezeburger View Post
    I generally prefer my country's leaders refrain from comparing people to Hitler, much less minimizing his atrocities.
    To the first part - why? There will be despicable people in the future as there has been in the fact, sure you should not minimise any atrocity but comparison is acceptable in regards of "both of these things are bad".

Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    You can split hairs if you want, but comparing someone unfavorably to Hitler is generally going to be a losing battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Healing Rain View Post

You mean beside the death chambers? Right? Or you are already ignoring this fact?