Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyalo View Post
    Can't we just get an "alternative facts" megathread then rather than constantly filling General OT with White House/Sean Spicer discussions.

To the first part - why? There will be despicable people in the future as there has been in the fact, sure you should not minimise any atrocity but comparison is acceptable in regards of "both of these things are bad".
    First of all, it's lazy. Secondly, you'd be hard pressed to find more than a handful of people who have even come close to approaching the atrocities committed by the Third Reich against completely innocent people who had nothing to do with the conflicts in which their nations were embroiled.

I get the point he was trying to make, but like pretty much everything he has said/done so far he managed to fuck that up pretty spectacularly.

Just another day in the sun for our weeaboo little press secretary.

15+ Year Old Account
    Is this guy retarded? How did he get that job?
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Is this guy retarded? How did he get that job?
    He's the only one that didn't run away screaming when offered the position.

7+ Year Old Account
    A prominent public face of the US Gov't: I'm so embarrassed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneezeburger View Post
    First of all, it's lazy. Secondly, you'd be hard pressed to find more than a handful of people who have even come close to approaching the atrocities committed by the Third Reich against completely innocent people who had nothing to do with the conflicts in which their nations were embroiled.
    I think people should be far more worked up by the "holocaust centers" comment than the comparison to Hitler imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    I was reading an article about this "White house staffers at the sides of the room actually had their mouths open in gasps while he was talking".

How is our government being run by people so horrifically incompetent?
    Something to do with e-mails and the opposition most definitely being criminals who'll be locked up as soon as Trump becomes president (after he immediately repeals and replaces Obamacare of course.)

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Was Spicer saying it was used on his people, mean tactical combat?
    No, that was in the post of the person I quoted. About how Hitler's own personal experiences during WW1 might the reason why he didn't use chemical weapons in WW2. Which he didn't use, not even when the Allies were winning the war. They were obviously used to kill jews in concentration camps, and some of those are bound to have been German citizens.

I think people should be far more worked up by the "holocaust centers" comment than the comparison to Hitler imho.
    I found the most offensive part to be his insinuation that German Jews weren't "his people," i.e. Germans.

Deleted
    I found the most offensive part to be his insinuation that German Jews weren't "his people," i.e. Germans.
    He worked himself into a hole with the historical comparison but what Hitler did cannot be changed, it happened. People need to focus on current world events.

Yes I realise learning/remembering history is crucially important, but I think this is more a misspoken comparison than genuine belittlement of WW2, but any excuse to rip into the current American administration eh?

All this was done on Passover of all holidays you cant make this shit up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.

He worked himself into a hole with the historical comparison but what Hitler did cannot be changed, it happened. People need to focus on current world events.

Yes I realise learning/remembering history is crucially important, but I think this is more a misspoken comparison than genuine belittlement of WW2, but any excuse to rip into the current American administration eh?
    If this was a one-time gaffe, sure. But it's been 24/7 incompetence since January 20, and if you're too dumb to understand that it's generally a bad idea to compare people to Hitler, you probably shouldn't be in government.

After watching this entire cabinet over the last few months, I truly believe anyone can become anything. I thought I was unqualified to be president, but now?? I think I might actually have a shot.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    All this was done on Passover of all holidays you cant make this shit up.
    Yeah, the timing is what got me the most. They just cannot catch a break, though it's their own bloody fault.

And this coming after the White House already got shit for neglecting to mention Jews even once in their official Holocaust Remembrance Day release in January.

You can split hairs if you want, but comparing someone unfavorably to Hitler is generally going to be a losing battle.
    Wasn't disagreeing that Assad is any way worse than Hitler. I doubt he'd even make it into a top 25 of worst people to have ever lived.

10+ Year Old Account
    "The Trump Admin: Asaad is worse than Hitler, but we still won't let people fleeing him seek refuge in our country."

Quoted from someone else.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    Wasn't disagreeing that Assad is any way worse than Hitler. I doubt he'd even make it into a top 25 of worst people to have ever lived.
    Oh I wasn't saying that you were comparing him to Hitler. What I was saying is that regardless of precisely how Hitler murdered people with chemical weapons, Spicer is not going to come out of this looking good, no matter how many "well actually..."s he pulls out.

The level of Incompetence of these people is astounding.

At least Bannon wasn't talking, he'd probably deny that the Concentration Camps gassed people all together.

Quote Originally Posted by Mgann-Morzz View Post
    The level of Incompetence of these people is astounding.

At least Bannon wasn't talking, he'd probably deny that the Concentration Camps gassed people all together.
    Holocaust centers.

Sean Spicer always fucks up press conferences. Like here he left out "on the battlefield." The one the other day when he said "we are doing this to destabilize syria" to explain the missile decision. Trump should maybe find someone else if this guy can't get his act together already.