Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    It doesn't trivialize content that isn't already trivial. Fact. The game saw 3 of its most hailed expansions and had flying just fine in those.

People gulping the kool-aid they sold to excuse having NO content beyond leveling in WoD zones aside.
    Vanilla had no flying, and there is absolutely no way to know what sub numbers / reviews would have looked like if the flying situation was different for any era.

Or I can provide my own alternative facts, too: Subs would have been higher with no flying in BC and Wrath. Fact.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I'm just waiting for "Buy flying NOW! Only £40/€50/$60/¥1"

Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    I guess they are counting the people who are still subbed and not counting the millions who left the game
    Or they're looking a bit deeper into how people play the game rather than looking at the raw number of subs and assigning it to whatever reason best suits their argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    It's the ultimate hypocrisy. And let's all be honest, Blizzard claiming it 'trivialized content' doesn't mean it ever did. And the solution for it trivializing content could have been "Change the way we make quests, we've been making them the exact same way for 13 years" instead of "gate them".
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard in the defense of flying and you should be ashamed. You're probably not though, judging by your other arguments.

I want people to look at this and realise that this is the wording of either a troll or someone who's so unhinged about a small detail in a video game they compare it to a murder trial.
    Yeah... they are looking at you alright. The analogy is sound... Blizzard is guilty of taking flying away at max level, getting away with it... then reminding us they did so.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Yeah... they are looking at you alright. The analogy is sound... Blizzard is guilty of taking flying away at max level, getting away with it... then reminding us they did so.
    Well that went completely over your head.

Let me ask you again. Who is mentally unstable enough to compare a video game change to a murder trial?

Your analogy would only work if OJ had partially killed his wife, seen that her family were mostly okay with that, threatened to kill her all the way, listened to the family explain why they wouldn't like that before finally finding a compromise where she would be dead for part of the time but alive again after a while.

Also the analogy only works if you have zero concept of human emotions.

Deleted
    It is heavenly being able to fly now.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Vanilla had no flying, and there is absolutely no way to know what sub numbers / reviews would have looked like if the flying situation was different for any era.

Or I can provide my own alternative facts, too: Subs would have been higher with no flying in BC and Wrath. Fact.
    Whataboutism is irrelevant. The 3 most beloved expansions had flying just fine. That IS a fact, you having this mentality which deals in "alternative facts" is telling though.

- "B-b-but, subs could've been higher if they hadn't had flying because surely most people don't want flying in a fantasy game!!"... Asinine reasoning.

As has been said numerous times before to the anti-flying kids; Time you got the fuck over it in a game that allowed it for longer than it didn't. The feature only became an issue in the eyes of developers when they needed a scapegoat for peddling a shitty expansion with little to no actual content in the open world. And some gulped it up hook line and sinker.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-04-11 at 11:56 PM.

Taking something away that players have had access to for the better part of a decade, then reselling the unlock as a "feature" that requires you to spend a lot of time grinding and dealing with gating....yeah. Nothing shady about that at all.

I really wish that Blizzard would just entirely overhaul how flying works so they can stop making excuses about how it breaks the content.

Whataboutism is irrelevant. The 3 most beloved expansions had flying just fine. That IS a fact. You having this attitude of "but subs could've been higher if they hadn't had flying because surely most people don't want flying in a fantasy game!!" is just asinine.
    And attributing the popularity of those xpacs (which ones are you talking about anyway ? BC, Wrath ... MoP ? Who calls Cata beloved ?) to one feature is laughable. You didn't even get my post; my statement about the subs being higher if there wasn't flying was to illustrate the absurdity of saying they were as popular as they were because of flying; neither is knowable.

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    It's the ultimate hypocrisy. And let's all be honest, Blizzard claiming it 'trivialized content' doesn't mean it ever did. And the solution for it trivializing content could have been "Change the way we make quests, we've been making them the exact same way for 13 years" instead of "gate them".
    Exactly. Couldn't agree more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    And attributing the popularity of those xpacs (which ones are you talking about anyway ? BC, Wrath ... MoP ? Who calls Cata beloved ?) to one feature is laughable. You didn't even get my post; my statement about the subs being higher if there wasn't flying was to illustrate the absurdity of saying they were as popular as they were because of flying; neither is knowable.
    That's nice and all, apart from a minor detail; I haven't attributed the popularity of those expansions to flying, I've pointed to the FACT that those expansions had flying (from max level) and people were able to be immersed and enjoy the content all the same.

Maybe L2R?

After earning fly for about 3 days now I can definetly say it does not trivialize anything. I don't know where this crazy notion came from, sure if you can fly while leveling from 100-110 itd trivialize everything, but at 110 it just makes your life easier. Blizz should just go back to how it always was and make it so you can only fly at max level so you go trough the leveling experience groundbound then fly at max level and make things faster for you.

Blizzard advertising flying available is akin to OJ Simpson writing "If I Did It".
    ... I'm one of the fiercest advocators for flying in this fantasy game, but damn... comparing Blizzard's actions to something like that is just low.

I like the period of time where there are no flying mounts.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is an unpopular opinion, I think that the vocal minority is screaming the loudest in regards to everything they can't immediately have. It seems as if the players have no patience these days. The real question is, if you've been playing since the launch of legion and you still can't navigate the terrain efficiently, then what exactly are you doing? I consider myself super casual and I feel like flying is an afterthought.
    Horde always.

Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post
    After earning fly for about 3 days now I can definetly say it does not trivialize anything. I don't know where this crazy notion came from, sure if you can fly while leveling from 100-110 itd trivialize everything, but at 110 it just makes your life easier. Blizz should just go back to how it always was and make it so you can only fly at max level so you go trough the leveling experience groundbound then fly at max level and make things faster for you.
    Yep.

The "trivial" nature of world content, comes from nothing but mob mechanics and AI.
    At least we won, the compromise is in place rather than them just outright removing flying from current content. If they're set on scapegoating flight, then I'd rather have this compromise than no flying at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Subs climbed faster before flying, slowed when flying was first introduced, flat-lined when regular flight became objectively superior to ground travel and started to sink when flight was used for the leveling experience.
    You're delusional. Subs climbed through vanilla because the game was new. Flying did nothing to the subs, positive or negative, that's measurable. If so... why were subs lower than ever before when they stopped reporting them. Why didn't the removal of flight bring all the no fly people back? Simple - because you're a tiny minority.

Quote Originally Posted by cwowtbang View Post
    This is an unpopular opinion, I think that the vocal minority is screaming the loudest in regards to everything they can't immediately have. It seems as if the players have no patience these days. The real question is, if you've been playing since the launch of legion and you still can't navigate the terrain efficiently, then what exactly are you doing? I consider myself super casual and I feel like flying is an afterthought.
    And you're free to just not fly.

I love the freedom and convenience it gives me, and it stops me from having to use flightpaths which is THE single biggest motivation for me to go AFK or alt-tab.

With controlled flying, I can take detours and move and explore as I see fit at all times. Has nothing to do with lacking patience or being unable to nagivate the terrain for me. I can navigate the terrain just fine, doesn't mean I will pass up the freedom of flying.

That's nice and all, apart from a minor detail; I haven't attributed the popularity of those expansions to flying, I've pointed to the FACT that those expansions had flying (from max level) and people were able to be immersed and enjoy the content all the same.

Maybe L2R?
    So you're you saying, then, that flight is completely incidental to popularity ? You've painted yourself into a corner.