Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Thumbs down GRAPHIC VIDEO: Officer beats jaywalking suspect

Source

SACRAMENTO -- Police have responded to the video of the dramatic arrest of a man in a Del Paso Heights neighborhood Monday afternoon.

Sacramento police are calling the behavior in the video "unacceptable conduct by a police officer."

The video shows an officer grabbing a man by the neck, taking him down and punching him repeatedly for what started as a stop for jay walking.

Now internal investigations are reviewing what exactly happened Monday during the arrest.

According to police, at 5 p.m. the officer gave a man witnesses say is Nandi Cain Jr. several commands to stop for crossing the street unlawfully or jaywalking at the intersection of Cypress Street and Grand Avenue, Cain ignored.

After finally stopping Cain, police say the two got into an argument and Cain took off his jacket, challenging the officer to a fight. That is when police say for an unknown reason the officer threw down Cain and began punching him over and over. A witness captured it all on tape.

A supervisor responded to the scene and reviewed the police in car camera system and that is when the department decided to take a closer look into the officers actions.

FOX40 spoke with a witness who saw this take down happen, and she says she felt everything was wrong with the way the officer handled the situation.

Sacramento police are not identifying the officer involved in this video but they did say that he is on paid administrative leave until the internal investigation is finished.
    If you have anger issues you shouldn't be an officer.

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Funny how the United thread stalled.
    Just in case people missed my other post below is the full dashcam video showing how he ignored repeated commands.
    The article below also indicates that he did in fact have a warrant out for his arrest. This does not excuse the officer's actions though.
    Pay attention at around 6:10 when they put him in the car. He is still fighting. They had to end up zip riding his feet. He then started crying.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dIzxZ1dYK5w
    Last edited by zenkai; 2017-04-12 at 04:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    How very rude, calling someone a jay... you don't know them!
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Suck jaywalk! So crime! Very badness!

Throwing the punches was definitely excessive. However, how do you take off your jacket and challenge the officer to a fight and think its going to go well?

10+ Year Old Account
    What's really surprising is a cop even giving a shit about jay walking.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    lol jay walking is an actual crime in the US?
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    lol jay walking is an actual crime in the US?
    Yeah, why wouldn't it be? You can get yourself and/or the driver killed walking out in front of a car.

Was the officer named Martin Riggs?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Yeah, why wouldn't it be? You can get yourself and/or the driver killed walking out in front of a car.
    Maybe in a busy road. That looks like a neighborhood.

Probably more than "jaywalking".
    MSM just doing it's usual spin.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I unno, seems a bit like governmental babysitting to me. Are you incapable of checking both directions before making the decision to cross the road? What happens if there's no crosswalk near by?

Yeah, jaywalking isn't a thing to get this hot and bothered about. Though the fellow certain asked for it, literally. Doesn't excuse the officer's actions, but the fellow did ask for a fight and got one.
    Now back to jaywalking being something a cop actually enforces in america, does every road in america have crossings, traffic lights, lolipop people, to ensure they have a 'legal' option to cross them? Cause personally we have many roads without any means of crossing beyond watching for traffic then crossing. Stop, Look, Listen >.>
    Though we do charge jaywalkers, for causing an accident if they were the one's at fault. Where they have not made an effort to recognize and avoid traffic, more often than not though it's the driver who is at fault for not yielding. No formal process over who yields on what road, traffic lights and zebra crossings are pedestrian right of way when indicating as such. Motorways are pedestrian free, even slow vehicles aren't allowed on motorways so kinda obvious. But for the most part it's being polite to each other as to who yields to who at a given place, usually with a nod or hand gesture to indicate and thank the yielder.
    Last edited by Felnoire; 2017-04-12 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Maybe in a busy road. That looks like a neighborhood.
    Yeah, I don't disagree but just saying the law in general has it's merits.

- - - Updated - - -

I unno, seems a bit like governmental babysitting to me. Are you incapable of checking both directions before making the decision to cross the road? What happens if there's no crosswalk near by?
    It's to protect the drivers too, seatbelt law is babysitting but Jaywalking isn't

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I don't disagree but just saying the law in general has it's merits.

- - - Updated - - -

It's to protect the drivers too, seatbelt law is babysitting but Jaywalking isn't
    You didn't answer either of my questions. lol

It more exists to protect the driver to a certain degree. If the driver was doing everything legally, the pedestrian wasn't, and if the accident was unavoidable than it can lift fault from the driver. If the driver was speeding, than no protection. I've never seen it enforced though and this cop more likely was just being an ass. Why you'd challenge a cop to a fight though... not sure, things won't go well.
    and then he cupped my balls...

Police really shouldn't be hired if they're known to have power trips.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

7+ Year Old Account
    that officer is an idiot
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

You didn't answer either of my questions. lol
    http://www.meaforensic.com/jaywalkin...ked-crosswalks

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup.

To be fair, the guy probably deserved getting his ass beat. That being said a cop shouldn't actually beat someone's ass just because they pissed them off. Taz 'em until they stop trying to fight you and then cuff 'em. That's what you're supposed to do when someone gets physically violent with a PO.
    I sat alone in the dark one night, tuning in by remote.
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light, but there was Brimstone in his throat.
    He'd show me the way, according to him, in return for my personal check.
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and lit another cigarette.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coconuter View Post
    It more exists to protect the driver to a certain degree. If the driver was doing everything legally, the pedestrian wasn't, and if the accident was unavoidable than it can lift fault from the driver. If the driver was speeding, than no protection. I've never seen it enforced though and this cop more likely was just being an ass. Why you'd challenge a cop to a fight though... not sure, things won't go well.
    How does that protect the driver anymore than:

"If you cross the street at a location other than a crosswalk, yield to on coming traffic."

That puts the liability on the pedestrian as well, and people won't get fined for walking across an empty street. lol