Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by JemiS View Post
    This also depends a lot on OR cost. The reward from 200%ing a mission (relative to OR cost) is a lot higher than missing lower missions.
    Well, I have 12 chars at 110 and the lowest has 50k OR. So I don't consider that an issue. But yes, obviously the OR ratio for 200% one quest is better than 1xx% two quests.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Depends on the troop. Some have counters.
    You can change the counters on followers, however, and another follower means one more mission no matter what - you can't send troops on missions without a follower.

Or am I misunderstanding your post?

Quote Originally Posted by Dristereau View Post
    I've yet to see any equipment that benefits these new Tier 3 Troops and I don't see them being the strongest overall so I will be going for the extra Champion on every character.
    Book of lost sermons, +20%- I've gotten 2 already.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviemore View Post
    You can change the counters on followers, however, and another follower means one more mission no matter what - you can't send troops on missions without a follower.

Or am I misunderstanding your post?
    I'm just saying the troops can also sometimes increase your options. Such as maybe if the bonus Follower can't help you counter something one of the Troops could have - instead of waiting for the right Follower to return. In some cases this could actually mean you could send out two missions, if you had two Followers that would have otherwise been sitting there.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just saying the troops can also sometimes increase your options. Such as maybe if the bonus Follower can't help you counter something one of the Troops could have - instead of waiting for the right Follower to return. In some cases this could actually mean you could send out two missions, if you had two Followers that would have otherwise been sitting there.
    Aye, okay. It's a fair enough point.

7th champion obviously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even with the bump to 6 Champions, I still took the option for 1 additional active one. Being able to have more champion types active is better for me. Especially with wanting to complete the AP item missions for the AP grind.

Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    I am sorry, the sixth is for free, whithout needing to complete the class hall tier?
    Yes, the 6th is given when you unlock the new champion from the "champions of legionfall" questline / achievement. You also unlock research that allows you yet another one on top. That allows you to have double of each spec + combat ally of your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Am i the only one, who find all these new ones kinda shit?
    Yep, must be you, or at least those who don't care aren't in this thread. But tbh, I was really excited for the new champions. And actually after checking them out, most of them look really better than old ones.

First of all, all classes had 3 of spec A and B but only 2 of spec C. Most classes are getting their 3rd of spec C now. Exceptions being druid, warrior and mage (which is mostly lore restricted, even though mages CAN get another frost spec mage as a special follower).

Second, most of these new followers have decent passives. For example the new mage follower gives you +40% success chance at the expense of troop vitality (well let them burn then, 40% on everything is a LOT). The DH / Shaman followers have a passive that procs a token to summon special troop and I'd assume it works even when you don't have these special troops researched, giving you some access to them without committing to the perk? Even for example Warlock new follower, despite his passive being a bit generic, looks miles better than some other ones that allow you to summon extra imps (who cares they're cheap anyway) or soulstones to give troops extra vitality (troops are cheap, and the heal 1 vitality item is only good if you have some super unique troops for example druids with ancient of war + mushrooms, otherwise I wouldn't bother).

The only new follower that I found really disappointing is Warrior one, his passive is a copy of Ragnvald and his spec + ability are exactly the same as Hymdall. Damn, if Kanrethad can be affli and not demo, and Magatha is resto, then the warrior follower could be Prot giving us a 3rd prot. Aethas yeah, I understand he needs to be fire otherwise it would make zero sense. Same as Thisalee can't really be resto.

I really think some of the new champions open possibility to use a combat ally of your preference, for example Hunters have a special ability of your combat ally (the gnome girl) to give you extra rep, but then you're stuck with only Surv hunter to send on missions to be Rexxar and his passive "extra success chance when not accompanied by other champions" is a bit meh, you might have trouble countering a mission with only 1 champion. The new follower has extra success chance on missions with minions, which are very common.

I had similar issue because my combat ally of preference on DK was rotgut and on shaman was Hydraxis (extra lay on hands comes handy when fighting tough mobs, while Rehgar passive won't be as useful once I finish my flying achiev), and I had only 1 choice of Blood / Resto follower for my mission counter, the new ones are a welcome sight. And no, I don't care much about their lore just how useful they are, it was the same in WOD Garrison (is this guy a treasure hunter?), since we can't pick abilities for the followers, lore comes second (or dead last).

Quote Originally Posted by Thoughtful Trolli View Post
    I do suppose its almost time for me to make a champion who will be potion of energy, faster quest timer, kind.

I'm just angry that suddenly every mission is 7 hours or less. They KNOW what they were doing, asshats.
    Yeah, the annoying side effect is my plan to check missions once when I log in after waking up, and once before I go to sleep is no longer effective, I didn't want this to become another garrison I'm supposed to check every 4 hours to max efficiency.

But yeah, your plan makes sense especially on followers that innately reduce mission duration (Koltira on DK, Esara on Mage, Mylra on Shaman, Celeste on Paladin etc.) On most followers the 10-15% chance for all missions + 15-20% chance when accompanied by greater troop was already a decent setup, because you nearly always want to send a greater troop on important mission. Most often I'd also pick the advancement that further upgrades the greater troop making them very powerful addition. As soon as I upgrade all champs to 900 I'm gonna go back to 3x greater troop because I like to have the ability to send more missions with them at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Dristereau View Post
    I don't see the point in the Powerful Troops. I usually have one follower assigned as a Combat Ally (With OR/Gold Benefits) and the other four buffed through the roof for missions with the Tier 2 (Powerful) Minions. With some of them having an additional 20% chance with the Tier 2 Minions, plus their bonus as well, you're looking at around a 70% increase at the current level with two Champions per mission, even before Titular. When you get that you can add another 15% chance with each of these Champions, looking at a 100% increase.

I've yet to see any equipment that benefits these new Tier 3 Troops and I don't see them being the strongest overall so I will be going for the extra Champion on every character. That way you can have six for missions and one who gives lots of Gold/OR or extra AP if you get lucky with the Legendary Equipment.
    @Dristereau - My paladin today got a Horn of Valor, epic item that buffs this new tier 3 troop. Still don't plan on ever using it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    If your class has an upgraded troop that counters boss abilities (DK with Live by the Sword, Druid with Ancient of War, Monk with Celestial Favor), the additional troop is most likely the better option to get as many missions as possible than the additional follower.
    My main is druid and I picked troops because of that. These new troops can counter boss abilities and it really helps to aim %200 or sending my followers for more missions.

I'll pick extra follower on my alts tho, I don't have much resource for troops anyway ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Since I only run gold/Legionfall rep token missions these days, I rarely use all my champions at the same time. On my 2 "mains" (1 Horde, 1 Alliance), I chose the increased success mission.

Another follower slot hands down.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I took Powerful troops, just because a few of my Followers have both Equipment and Traits which boost the fuck out of troop Success rate. Which means with Powerful troops I can have 200% on most missions with only 1 or 2 followers.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I'm not sure, I thought I saw some offhand reference somewhere else to having 7 active champions and I was like "wut?", so maybe we just missed something another slot upgrade ?
    yes, you get a 6th from getting your new follower, cause it would be kinda bullshit to get him then be forced to put them away because "welp ive got you, or 5 max level fully geared folowers.... mmmmm them"
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Troop success trait items are all troop specific though and would not count for the new troops. There are items for the new troops in the files though
    Yes, but I can mix new troop types with my old ones.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    I chose champion too. Often I;ve cursed not beign able to run more than one mission because the success reduction threat can only be countered by one of my champions. If you can't counter that threat then it's almost impossible to raise the success rating much above 100% anyway.

With 7 champions I can run two missions with two champions+invokers (warlock here), plus a mission with three campions.

With champions getitng three equipment slots at titular level, that's going tobe more than a 30% increae most of the time. I equipped most of my champions with 1 short mission and 1 long mission item for flexibility, or 1 duration item plus one "when accompanied by invokers".

I didn;t know how long it takes to recruit the new troops or how useful they'd be. The invokers are really good but the other sort which is fel imps are damn near useless and I never use them.

Invokers are quick and cheap to make - 3o minutes and 85 resources.

I thought that the reseach would take us to six champions, but it take sus to seven, when you complete the achievement you are immediatelt allowed to have six.
    You didnt got it that the new troops are able to counter one random threat?
    So you have 2 troops with 2 counters, should solve the problem

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    In every case, across my characters, I've been going with the extra champion.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

As someone who took the new minions, I have to say I'm not finding them particularly useful. With the traits and items my followers have, even the weak troops are generally more effective.

Went with the 7th follower. More missions plus you can give them equipment and spare using troops to keep more resources.