Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    What size pot would you suggest for a peace Lily?
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity

Spider plant, it grows babies that you can either leave on the main plant, or cut off and grow or give them away.

10+ Year Old Account
    I recommend Aloe. Relatively easy to find at a garden centre, inexpensive and very easy to take care of. See below:

http://www.aloeplant.info/treat-your...-to-treat-you/

Word of advice: DON'T OVERWATER IT!!! That's how I killed my first one haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable View Post
    I recommend Aloe. Relatively easy to find at a garden centre, inexpensive and very easy to take care of. See below:

http://www.aloeplant.info/treat-your...-to-treat-you/

Word of advice: DON'T OVERWATER IT!!! That's how I killed my first one haha.
    I was just coming to say the same. Bonus, you can use the leaves to tend to cuts and burns.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Man, I dont know what it is but every time I get one of these, it dies or runs away. W.T.F

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Neyze View Post
    I'm looking for a living thing to take care of, and beside how well I [think I] do helping raise my niece and taking care of myself, it still doesn't seem to be enough to keep me satisfied.

So I am wanting to have just a single plant I can keep in my room and watch grow and tend to and love and probably talk to a lot more than would seem healthy.

If anyone could suggest a nice looking something that requires little sunlight, or I suppose I'd be willing to build a shelf under my window if need be, and provide a few tips on how to best raise it, it would help a noob a lot- thanks!
    http://www.youngs-garden.com/succule...ns-and-chicks/

These thing propagate very easily, look kind of cool, take up no room, require little care. Maybe its what you are looking for.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

I'm not very good with plants, but I have a peace lily and a pothos.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cactus, if you manage to kill that I'd be impressed.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

I'm looking for a living thing to take care of, and beside how well I [think I] do helping raise my niece and taking care of myself, it still doesn't seem to be enough to keep me satisfied.

So I am wanting to have just a single plant I can keep in my room and watch grow and tend to and love and probably talk to a lot more than would seem healthy.

If anyone could suggest a nice looking something that requires little sunlight, or I suppose I'd be willing to build a shelf under my window if need be, and provide a few tips on how to best raise it, it would help a noob a lot- thanks!
    I thought this thread was going to be about a very specific plant. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Coconuter View Post
    I saw you said you have animals. If have a cat, peace lilies can be a problem if your cat eats some. If you don't think it'd be a problem peace lily still gets my vote. If you do think its a problem, a Chrysanthemum gets my second vote, though, it's not as hardy and requires more sunlight (remember to open the windows too, as windows filter out many spectrums of UV light which help plants grow).
    As a general rule to add onto this, just watch out for the cat and any plant.

I've heard stories of them trying to eat any plant (including cacti) , and some are poisonous to cats, I forget the exact plants that are though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    I thought this thread was going to be about a very specific plant. LOL
    You know how some people get a dog before they have kids.......

7+ Year Old Account
    If it has to be a plant, get a cactus. Just make sure you don't over-water it because that's VERY easy to do if you treat it like a normal plant.

If it doesn't have to be a plant, get a cat.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    You know how some people get a dog before they have kids.......
    I think you quoted the wrong person? I mean...huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    I think you quoted the wrong person? I mean...huh?
    Thought it was fairly clear. You thought is was about growing weed, my comment to you was meant to imply he wants to learn how to grow plants on something smaller first. Like a couple getting a dog before having a kid.

I thought it was amusing......

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    OMG I love humans. I must have this Chia. I should probably collect them, actually. They have some pretty funny ones now.

Bonsai Trees are Cool. or Cacti. they don't need much water so you cant really fuck em up.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Thought it was fairly clear. You thought is was about growing weed, my comment to you was meant to imply he wants to learn how to grow plants on something smaller first. Like a couple getting a dog before having a kid.

I thought it was amusing......
    Lol ur nuts, I don't intend to graduate to manufacturing drugs. I just don't want children of my own yet there seems to be some indescribable feeling about creating life.

Lol ur nuts, I don't intend to graduate to manufacturing drugs. I just don't want children of my own yet there seems to be some indescribable feeling about creating life.
    I was only joking, no worries.

I see I see, pretty amusing

To everyone suggesting an animal, I'm done with those. I have 2 pitbulls and a cockatoo which I'd quite I rather get rid of.
    And@ anyone suggesting a cactus, I'd rather something with at least some risk of dying, something I'll continually have to tend to.

Orchids, they do require sunlight, so near the window is a must.

I see I see, pretty amusing

To everyone suggesting an animal, I'm done with those. I have 2 pitbulls and a cockatoo which I'd quite I rather get rid of.
    And@ anyone suggesting a cactus, I'd rather something with at least some risk of dying, something I'll continually have to tend to.
    I've managed to kill plenty of small cacti, while regular plants live. Nothing seems to be good enough for them. Either they die to over watering or they dry up due to not enough. If there's some narrow perfect zone for them, I've yet to find it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.